It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When It's Cool to be Evil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What a whole lot of nonsense in this topic... I played Quake III aArena all the time when I was in the Netherlands. In fact, I love playing 1st person games. It has no influence on me whatsoever. It's just a game... Nothing else...

P.s: The most fun and cool ppl I've ever met and chatted with on the net was during Quake III Arena.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Bandit,

SADISTIC SCUM!!!!!

Sorry, just had too

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 02:52 PM
link   
JamesG, found a story where a video game caused the death of some one. It pretty funny, the guy had heart problems, was playing a tetris game, got pissed when he lost went nuts, had a heart attack.

So there, more

Here

Hope that worked. Bye, and remember, games don't kill people, people kill people.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Tetris???

Well...Pong has made me go on a rampage once or twice...

LOL...JK

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
What a whole lot of nonsense in this topic... I played Quake III aArena all the time when I was in the Netherlands. In fact, I love playing 1st person games. It has no influence on me whatsoever. It's just a game... Nothing else...

It's not because you are enough smart to don'tdo stupid things, that others are. I played many times to Duke Nukem and DOOM ( Quake too ), and I didn't do anything who was stupid after.

But I know some peoples, specialy young peoples, who think that it's cool to do in the real live what they do in their virtual live. That's where is the problem.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What? Mr.President, did you get into the special brownies picked up by the feebees?

I swear, why do you think the games say teen, or mature teen, or movies say pg-13, r, nc-17? So parents don't let the kid play/buy/see. But wait, that would mean the parent would have to be responsible. And they never will, for they blame school/media/games. So until the people who raise the kid and spend the most time with them figures out they have to be responsible, this bs is gonna stay.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well, I'm sure this game has an M for Mature Rating.

Therefore, it's up to the parent whether or not to purchase the game. And, if Junior somehow gets it, it's up to the parent for that game to find it's way to the trash...

However, if you are an adult and wish to play the game, then so be it, you've likely learned enough about life to separate it from reality, and not have it blur...

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 06:41 AM
link   
James the Lesser, I have a 6 years old daughter and I'm a good father. I take care about her and about what she do, watch in at TV..etc...etc...

She has a PC, but I'm monitoring it. I did the set-up, and she don't have ANY violent games on her PC. Also, Internet is not connected to her PC.

And I'm feeling responsible when she do something stupids.
I hope that she will stay what she is. A nice and gentle little girl ! But I know that I'm dreaming...

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Good, you are responsible. You don't want her playing violent games. You follow the marks on them, M, t, 13+, so forth. It the ones who don't who whine.

"I bought Murder Death Kill(MDK) For my seven year old, sure it said NC-17, but he wanted it. Oops, he just shot daddy, it's the games fault!!!!"

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

"I bought Murder Death Kill(MDK) For my seven year old, sure it said NC-17, but he wanted it. Oops, he just shot daddy, it's the games fault!!!!"

I'm not stupid James. I'll never buy to my daughter a game who has that kind of name ! Anyway, she's sensible and she's not violent. She's a little girl you know, not a Gi-Joe !

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Like I said by Scumbags for Scumbags

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
Like I said by Scumbags for Scumbags

Are you talking to me ?

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 05:34 PM
link   
GI Joe isn't violent, it's patriotic. And that was a general parent, not you. It was a parent blaming anything but themselves for their mistakes.

And what you mean scumbag for scumbag? Oh, you one of those people who don't like to take responsibilty for your actions, so you blame anyone else, and those people are the scumbags. Right? You a person who goes, well, it says that new slasher film rated R, but my nine year old wants to see it, ok son, lets go watch it. Two days later, Oh my god! Why did you hack mommy to pieces! It's that movies fault! Sue! Ban! Scumbags!

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Specifically I am referring to people who would by a game with the labeled M-17 and allow someone younger to play it.

[Edited on 29-12-2002 by Toltec]

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You mean buy, and you mean parents. Never seen some nine year old go to some stranger and ask them to buy a M-17 game. But you left that out? Parent, the one responsible for the kid. They to blame, not the maker of the game or the game.

Also, never saw a game get up, walk to the kitchen, get a knife, and kill someone. Or saw a movie do same thing, so how does a game kill? Drop it out of a really tall building and hope it hits someone?

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Never saw a bottle of beer cause an accident either but it is just as illegal to give a 7 year old that game as it is a bottle of beer.

By scumbags for scumbags

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Toltec,

Are you just playing stupid? Or are you stupid? A seven year old, cannot go into the store and buy a game not rated for his/her age level. A seven year old, cannot go into the movie's and buy a ticket to an R rated film. JTL, is making complete sense. Common sense for christ's sake's. The parent buy's the game for the kid. The parent is the one held responsable for anything that should happen from that. Get the stick out of your ass already...

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 07:22 PM
link   
JamesG, where you from? Toltec says we same people. I already told him to check IP addresses, don't know if he has though.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

The parent buy's the game for the kid.

That is no different that buying your child a beer.

By scumbags for scumbags

JamesG you mast have two computers in your home
besides on several occasions haveing the same adress
as James the Lesser. This besides being warned at the same time despite James the Lesser did nothing.

What your doing is child abuse

[Edited on 29-12-2002 by Toltec]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join