It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on in Oregon with Earthquakes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
As a local here in reno, I have to agree that there is something fishy going on up here....
A secret navy base?? Im not sosure about that, there is a coast guard station, due to something with a large body of water in couple states, or something like that. Since nobody knows what is at the bottom(how deep?), or the same with pyramid lake, and underground rivers that flow to both...
There was an old story about a diver who got swept away from tahoe and his body was recovered in pyramid lake, many miles away.. cant seem to find story backing claim, but something is weird and the "unknown" of whats below, and the facts that experts have no clue why this is happening.... something is cooking.... I cant tell what I am smelling though!!

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Several months ago my friend and I booked our trip to Vegas, now I am uncomfortable and worried to say the least. I can only imagine how it is for you being right there.

From what I have read everything there seems to be connected through the rivers to sub basins.

Look at Chile and that volcano erupting after 9-10 thousand years, to me that volcano could have been considered extinct. I had no idea there was a Mount Pluto that they say is an extinct volcano, never heard of it.

Knowing now there is some type volcano weather extinct or not at least to me can in some way explain why there are swarms of quakes in that area.

I don't know how volcanos work but is it possible that this volcano could be waking and getting ready to blow either on its own or with a little help, cough cough.

Do you know anything about this Mount Pluto Volcano. I mean the Sulfur smell at Lake Tahoe and all kind of makes sense now don't you think?

Can you imagine this becoming active and our government storing Nuclear Waste materials there in the tubes underground thinking it was a safe place.

When I read about the Yucca Mountain Repository and that they are planning to store 70+ metric tons of Nuclear Waste/Plutonium etc. can you even imagine.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by observe50]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
you know..if I didn't know better I would swear this was the story for the next Jerry Bruckheimer film. I made an earlier post about all the goings on (volcanos,earthquakes and the hurricane in burmah which now reports some 24,000 dead) and every told me"yeah its nothing, happens all the time", but I'm sorry, not to this degree and like this.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I also want to check when a member wrote about a fault in/near the Mississippi River.

I read that the USA is supposed to split down the middle at the Mississippi and the quakes in the mid-west are concerning. Long ago I was shown the Arc of St. Louis by beings when I was little and it wasn't built for quite awhile after I was shown this.

I feel the Arc has some importance that we don't understnad yet.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by damntheptb
something is cooking.... I cant tell what I am smelling though!!

Does that dish smell of sulfur?

So you're a Reno resident? Is there talk in town about this? Is your media sources covering it?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

i HAVEN'T BEEN up to the lake in a while, so no sulfer smell down here... My nose hasn't been working very good due to alergies, and my wife has noticed a "smell" around our house (2 miles or less from epicenters) that she cant identify, nor reckognize...

there are lots of talk about underground volcanoes, etc, but NO evidence for anything, experts are not saying anything besides "be prepared for a 6.0 or 7.0), and for weeks, all news sources were having articles on earthquakes, now for the last few days, they have been quiet...... too quiet if you ask me.. I felt 2 good jolts last night, 2.0 or greater, and ther was no mention on any stations this morning...
heavy heavy reporting...... now nothing..... its strange

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I know this will sound weird but you know how I am somewhat, lol.

I thinking maybe near the Full Moon May 20th give or take, funny huh, not.

I am hoping this just ends/calms but until I feel comfortable with this I will follow any leads and try to add things up.

We all have to watch out and help one another. Even with me being on the East Coast I worry about all of you in these areas.

damntheptb how are your wife and little one doing? Have you checked with the Day Care and what they would do if anything does happen. Is your pet still showing signs of being scared?

It just occurred to me that Mt. St. Helen's erupted May 18th I know no connection different State just thought I would mention.

I am still trying to learn about this Volcano, Mount Pluto in your said area.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by observe50]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
damntheptb,

How did things go during the last 24 hours. You have to give us updates. The IRIS map isn't showing anything, this is good but it doesn't show anything under 4. Are the smaller quakes still happening.

Also even if you aren't into this would you do me a favor and watch the skies. When something like this happens usually right before something major there will be UFO activity and we need you to be our eyes.

Be safe

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I was a little surprised to find newer articles about the quakes listed down the page a ways instead at the top at IRIS.

On Mon. it seems there were about 17 quakes in Northern NV centered Verdi-Mogul ranging from 2.0 to 2.9

They say recent quakes haven't shaken """ AT RISK DAM """ near Truckee......Martis Creek Dam

Seems that a 1.8 hit Annandale, Va which is located in the Washington D.C. Metro area epicenter Fairfax County

They say anything under 2 is microearthquake and it was 6.2 miles underground.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by damntheptb

Have you noticed any changes in the grocery stores? Just wondering if people have been buying up supplies to the point that it was noticable...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

observe50, My wife and daughter are good, its cute and scary though, when we get a little shaker, and we are in a diferent room, we go to our daughter (age 3), and she is like "i'm holding on daddy", which is great that she knows how to hold on and cover up, but damn... I never had to worry about things like that when i was 3!!
The dog hasn't acted scared in a while, but he still gets nervous and barks right before one hits, but I think he is just getting used to it by now.

My daughters day care says they are all trained and prepared for a disaster, but most of her teachers are under 23, and being young girls(no men at the facility at all) i worry that they would freak out during a crisis, but i guess I just have to have faith, and hope that If a large one hits, that I am with my wife and daughter at the time.

I have never heard of mount pluto... (now im curious) and we are still within the "estimated" window of a large scale quake hitting...
I'm just glad this forum is here, ive learned or thought about more in the past weeks or so, than I have learned from the "experts"

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

I have noticed that more stores have more cases of water up front, along with batteries, etc. but when the press was preparing everyone for a big one, and they had coverage all day, things were moving fast from the stores, but the press has been stepping down there coverage... I dont wake up and here about ANY of the small ones overnight, even though i felt them, and when i go here...
quake.usgs.gov...

i see what i felt.... we just had another small one minutes ago

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I like the way they are posting the small quakes also on the link.

Some of this is confusing:

I read shallow quakes means it's not volcanic but the swarms and sulfur smell at Lake Tahoe might mean Volcano

Clustered around Mogul-Somersett NW Reno in an area 2.5 miles long 1/2 mile wide and there isn't a fault there from what I read?????

Volcanos in area I was surprised:

Mount Pluto, Steamboat Springs, Mt. Rose, Cave Rock and a small volcanic field with domes/flows occur at South end of Truckee and others I never knew there was all this in the area hmmmmm

One article says not volcano causing this, they don't see activity

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Edit to remove non working link

If this isn't volcanic could our government be doing something down there they aren't supposed to be doing?

Keep us posted because they aren't getting the info out like they were before and we need you to keep us updated.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by observe50]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

yeah, the small ones usually mean volcanic, and the reading of 0.0km mean less than 1.0 km, and if you look at the latest 2 quakes
quake.usgs.gov...

they are at the exact same location, less than an hour aprat... there have been many in the exact location over the last month or so, but never 2 in a row, same strength and depth....

now you can start to understand why we are confused on what to beleive... nobody has a good answer, and the experts "refuse" to put themselves on the line by saying what they truly think.

with all the "old" volcanoes, and the specific area of these quakes, and "no known faults"... it really makes you wonder.....

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
That is why i lovethis site...... there has got to be a good reason that all the "coverage" is disapearing..... the quakes haven't stopped, and they have been getting deeper and more frequently hitting at over 1.0, and I feel inside my heart that something is not right here, so i will keep everyone updated as best as i can.

No internet at home (had to cut costs), and with free interenet at work, i will always be here between 7am and 5 pm monday thru friday.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
damntheptb,

How did things go during the last 24 hours. You have to give us updates. The IRIS map isn't showing anything, this is good but it doesn't show anything under 4. Are the smaller quakes still happening.

Also even if you aren't into this would you do me a favor and watch the skies. When something like this happens usually right before something major there will be UFO activity and we need you to be our eyes.

Be safe

quake.usgs.gov...
quakes have not let up at all, and i am always scanning the skies.. I have seen a"UFO" before, years ago, and i truly beleive we are not alone....

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Actually I'm glad you know to look up, we have to keep a check on everything.

Japan has just had a 6.8 quake and some nice sized aftershocks but I can't figure out what the heck is going on in your area. It seems everything points to volcano with sulfur and all. The only thing I can guess is either volcano or our government/military is down there causing this.

I'm not hearing anything out here either. There is just to much going on right now between Fires, Cyclones, Twisters, Quakes and Volcanoes and I don't think it is over yet.

I'll keep looking around and you keep us updated.

My best to you and your family

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
quake.usgs.gov...

so much for the 72 hr plus window of no activity....... got woken up by a 3.8 last night, and smaller ones throught the rest of the night

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm glad you are letting us know because I'm not seeing any mention of what's going on out there with you. It seems the news just stopped.

Looks like Japan is hectic right now with quakes and even they aren't being reported?????

Just doesn't add up!

edit to add:

I just found the headline at IRIS about a 3.8 quake hitting Reno at 5 till 11 Wed. night and a 3.7 that hit Eastern Nevada Thursday morning they said there were lots of little ones, so something is still ticking.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by observe50]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
How are things going out there? I just heard on the news that Elko N.E. Nevada had a 3.8 and lots of smaller quakes.

The Mariana Island area had a nice 6.8 quake.

I know this will sound crazy but I know the Earth is in the process of a flip so to say I wonder if this is a easing way with quakes to help ease this.

I am trying to look at every angle because none of this makes much sense something is happening.

I thought when the IRIS map didn't show anything new that maybe this was stopping but it seems they aren't listing anything under 4.

Please keep me updated on how you and your family are.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by observe50]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join