It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on in Oregon with Earthquakes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

I don't know that there is any reason to plug Fox news all the time.

You can almost see the major faults if you look at the pattern of quakes in the west. The quakes off Oregon line up with the ones in Cali and the one off of BC. Ring of fire.

Sometimes I think I see a fault from the St. Lawerence River through the Great lakes and down the Mississippi River.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
april 29th, another 4.1 out the coast of oregon.

There's also been a 5.2 just to the east of Eureka california.

I follow earthquakes (get the emails everyday) and I've NEVER had this many earthquakes in my email box. The earth is certainly ramping it up big time.

This is a really good page to keep upto date with all earthquakes
neic.usgs.gov...

I wish I could figure out the time differences though. Any help?

Tela

PS> hope you guys in Reno are doin ok. Looks like lots of little ones in the past day.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
May 1

4.2 - Palm Springs

4.4Lake Isabella

Quakes continue in Reno

I will update this later I have to run out now.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I do think the seismologist are dumb founded and don't know what the heck is going on.

It seems they don't understand the swarms because they usually only happen around volcano's. Usually small quakes will only build to the big one and it seems that this is what is happening here.

It is said that Reno has had over 1,000 quakes in the last 2 months and the quakes are increasing in intensely not tailing off. They say the quakes are 1 mile down and usually these type swarms only occur 5 miles and deeper

I am just hoping that Yellowstone isn't spread out larger then they thought.
I did check for quakes in that area and the Cascade area but I'm not seeing anything.

I know we have a lot of members in these areas, please make preparations just in case and make sure your kids know what they should do. Watch your pets they tend to know first.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by observe50]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
May 2, 08

Aleutian Islands 6.5 would be nice if that was the big one and everything in that entire area would settle.

Oregon, California Nevada and the mid-wesst look okay for the moment.

I can't even imagine how this is rattling nerves for the people living in these areas.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
quake.wr.usgs.gov...

iI wonder if this swarm is related to the one we have been having here in reno, nevada? we have had over 1000 since mid feb.. over 450 and counting in the last week alone........

anyone else from nevada?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

It's scary out here in reno.... i live less than a mile from where all these quakes have been hitting, and it is nervewracking, when you feel every 1.0, 2.0, etc... we have not had a decent night sleep in over a month now, and we are still having them----
quake.wr.usgs.gov...

i have a 3 yr old, and we are planning for the worst, and I can deal with a disaster, but am losing my mind everytime i feel a shake and here that distinct"THUNK", wondering if this is the one that will be a 6.0 or 7.0

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
damntheptb,

I have read where some communities are working together to help each other and make sure things are secure and older people are watched over.

Do you have pets and how are they acting? Has your family talked and organized yourselves to where you will meet if seperated?

What is scary is the fact the Seismologist don't know what going on and are scratching there heads just waiting to see what happens, that doesn't give me confidence.

My heart is with you and your family, please just be so very careful.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

There are a lot of people banding together, especially where i live (less than a mile from ALL epicenters), because we have been feeling them all for months now, and I personally have not slept more than an hour at a time in the last few weeks.. my wife also wakes up frequently, luckily my 3 yr old doesn't(she got freaked after the 4.7, which we were all on the bed, my wife and i held each other over my daughter, and the whole bed was rolling like a waterbed for 15 seconds.... cracked the foundation and sent stress cracks throught the house..

my dog has been fine, until the 4.7 on last friday... now he gets VERY VERY SAD LOOKING when it hits, and we coudle hime like our daughter....

the biggest scare for me and my wife is we commute (thanks to rising fuel), AND SHE WORKS 20 miles from our daughters day care (right at ground zero), and we are scared about being able to get to her if the big one hits.... we are less than 3 days frmo the "probable large scale" earthquake

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I can't imagine the stress you and your family is going through. I checked the map and it seems that small quakes are still happening.

What is hard for all I would assume is the fact you don't know if/when a larger quake will happen so you can't just pack up and move away for a time. It seems finances always is what things come down too!

Life/finances/time it just unsettles me that everyone out in your area has to go through this.

The stress of leaving your daughter so far from you when you work has to be horrible.

I think everyone working together is good have you talked with people that care for your daughter to see what they have planned in case something happens?

My heart is with you.

edit to add:

Seems that a volcano erupted in Chile and they say this had been dormat for 10,000 years. Even with this being in a complete different location we have to look at everything unusal I believe.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by observe50]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
I am just hoping that Yellowstone isn't spread out larger then they thought.

That's what I was trying to say Observe. Yellowstone shouldn't be the focus of interest. It should be the Long Valley Caldera, as that Supervolcano is located much closer to these seismic readings. The LVC is maybe only a little smaller then Yellowstone? It's still a Supervolcano though..

U.S.G.S on Long Valley Caldera

The Caldera. Long Valley Caldera a 15- by 30-km oval-shaped depression located 20 km south of Mono Lake along the east side of the Sierra Nevada in east-central California. This area of eastern California has produced numerous volcanic eruptions over the past 3 million years, including the massive caldera-forming eruption 760,000 years ago.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I think we should also look at the possibility of an entirely new cauldera or megacauldera forming. It doesn't really have to be one already in existence.

Also check out the volcanic activity on here:
Its an emergency and disaster info service
hisz.rsoe.hu...

The ring of fire is lit up like a christmas tree with volcanic eruptions.

[edit on 3/5/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I agree with the two of you it's logical what you are saying. It seems they are locating new fault lines they didn't know that existed before also.

This is the first time I saw a quake listing for the Artic Ocean.

Let's hope the quietness today isn't the calm before the storm.

I am still trying to locate Nuclear Waste sites to see if any are in line with these quakes locations because this is the exact disaster Bush would need to issue his Executive Order to stay in Office.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by observe50]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Reno is rouglybetween two lakes. Does anyone know if they are natural lakes? If not then if would be interesting to know how those formed. I will classify this as weird. More investigation needed.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Just wanted to let everyone know that I deeply appreciate those of you who are keeping us up to date and informed. This is certainly a worrisome situaton. I'm a native Californian and have lots of friends/family in CA and OR who I am concerned about.
Please, keep those reports coming in.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Sometimes I am amazed how one thing leads to another and I learned something new today but first I want to say there was a 4.6 today off the Coast of Oregon so it hasn't settled yet.
Now to what I thought interesting.

You may know this I did not:

NASA InSar Satellites- Anticipating Earthquakes

science.nasa.gov...

And hiring for a job guess where Reno, Nevada

igscb.jpl.nasa.gov...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm makes me think.......................

Could you list the names of the two Lakes for me please.

[edit on 4-5-2008 by observe50]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

the 2 largest lakes are LAKE TAHOE & PYRAMID LAKE

TAHOE is scary, because a disater scenerio is the lake flooding the reno valley....at least then we would know what is at the bottom of lake tahoe!!

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Thanks for posting, I will have to read up on them.

Pyramid Lake interesting name.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
When I was listening to the John Lear tape I believe he mentioned there being a secret Navy Base at Lake Tahoe.

I looked Lake Tahoe up on wikipedia and looked under Geology and its interesting
en.wikipedia.org...

Lake Pyramid is also interesting it contains multiple generations of a Crystalline (thinolite) varieties of Tufa.

Calcium Carbonate and it seems everything is connected and they have fault lines. Seems like a good place to practice with new technology wouldn't you think.

plpt.nsn.us...

[edit on 6-5-2008 by observe50]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Doing some reading on Lake Tahoe what I thought interesting was where it said many Streams flow into Lake Tahoe Lake only drained by Truckee River which flows NE through Reno, hmmmmmm.

I think with all the sub basins in that area the overflows go to Carson Desert also.

I read where the faults there could produce a size 7 magnitude quake.

I also read and have to look up this extinct volcano named Mount Pluto cause it seems inactive volcano's such as the one in Chile supposedly for 10,000 yr's. woke and is raising cane.

On the Mix show I just listened to, I would be concerned with the release of the Sulfur which is coming from Lake Tahoe.

On the mix something raised a red flag and that was when it was mentioned that the government stopped with the maps... why? would they do this unless they had something to hide?

Also if we have NASA InSar Satellites why aren't we hearing what they know?

Something is fishy

[edit on 6-5-2008 by observe50]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join