It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on in Oregon with Earthquakes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm currently in Oregon.

I'd say a volcanic eruption is presumeably the answer to this.

Or maybe a nuclear fallout? In the sonoma area? I heard that from a 'colleague'

I don't know, but get ready for the ride cowboy.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Fox news is on now and they are saying is this a precursor to a major quake in the West Coast.

Said 600 that were detected could be thousands that are to small to be detected. Thinking a new Fault line is occuring or there might be a volcano they didn't know is there.
[edit on 14-4-2008 by observe50]

I'd say there is a lot of these things we don't know about... And there is always a chance of a new one forming too... I really don't think we can predict anything like this, just like we can't predict the weather... We can guess, but that's about as good as it gets... Hopefully a huge volcano doesn't open up in the middle of Oregon... Hey are you guys by Yellow Stone National Park? Because that is basically a huge volcano waiting to blow up...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I was within a mile of the epicenter in the 1989 Loma Prieta Quake in California.
I remember the night before the quake there was so much energy it was hard to sleep.
There seems to be a lot of energy being released. Although I am sleeping fine I have
friends who are having trouble-unusual for them.
Plus the animals are acting funny-cats and chickens and wild birds.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I woke this morning and turned on Fox to see what they had to spout about today and low and behold they are showing a volcano that has erupted in Indonesia. I also noticed that The Aleutian Islands had a 6.5 earthquake.

Oregon Coast- Aleutian Islands and Indonesia is a very wide range of an area do any of you think there is any possible way this can be connected. Can the volcano underwater off Japan have any connection.

I will keep a check on the volcanos in the Cascades range and of course Yellowstone.

Also keep a look out for anything especially new reports of UFO sightings in the Ring of Fire and surrounding areas and Yellowstone web cams also, they have a tendency to frequent these places.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Well, I believe the volcano in Japan is in the ring of fire, so it would be connected to volcanic activity in Oregon.

I live in Oregon as well and to be honest, I have not heard a single person mention these quakes here. All I have read about it has been on the net, primarily here on ATS. Like someone said earlier, 600 small ones beats 1 huge one. I hope it is just letting off energy to give us some more time before the big one hits.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Therealyoda7,

Something you said is what brings fear to me. Nuclear Fallout.

I don't know if any one here in this thread has ever read about my experiences with ET's I know this might shy you away but on one experience I was shown two Military men they were underground. One was sitting behind a desk and the other standing. The one sitting was very upset and telling the other that if the volcano blew they would have a disaster on there hands because they would be dealing with a radio active volcanic eruption.

Unfortunately I don't know where they were or what volcano they were talking about.

Worst yet I got the impression that it wouldn't do any good to check waste locations because this stuff is illigally stored there.

I can only hope/prey that this is not so, I will leave it at that.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Again I'm not finding any new news at this time. If you live in the area just be aware. If you live there I don't think this is exactly close enough or large enough for you to even feel.

I do think its good to become aware what is happening in your area. As I see it if I see it on the news once or twice a day here on the East Coast that they would broadcast this a little more in your West Coast areas to keep you informed.

Keep us posted to anything new you might here.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Okay a 5.4 hit the US mid-West and this takes me back a bit to be honest. It seems Fox news is making light of it so far but I watch the IRIS map

www.iris.edu...

and you just do not see this. I checked Yellowstone for any recent earthquakes and found nothing unique there.

To me it seems that quakes are hitting new areas or areas that haven't had activity in decades.

I think we need to keep a check on volcanic activity in the Cascades but nothing yet that I see.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by observe50]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm going to continue to update this thread as long as activity is taking place. It seems that aftershocks have been ranging up to the 4.6 range which is a good sized aftershock. Many states are reporting they felt this quake and Fox says this is the Fault line that goes up the middle of the USA.

Now, if you keep up with news experiencers have reported that the US will split/divide into two down the middle.

I'm still attempting to figure out why fifty+ years ago I was shown the Arc of St. Louis and it wasn't even built.

Interesting times but I think this is taking place to ease a situation later on down the line.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
We've had a few little aftershocks here in Illinois since the 5.2 earlier this morning. Last time there was a 5.2 it was in 68, had a 4.1 in 84 though. People in the midwest tend to freak out about these things since they forget they are sitting near a fault line.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

David Wilkerson's The Vision. In this book, he predicted the near bankruptcy of NYC and the huge earthquake 9.0+ hitting our mid-west.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
There are Yellowstone Biblecodes available on www.exodus2006.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Everyday there are earthquakes somewhere. There have only been a few 24 hour time periods when the IRIS map was almost absent of quake activity. Small quakes are not reported/listed.

What has caught my attention is some of the unusualness such as the quakes off of Oregon the one fairly large one in the Aleutians and now in our mid-west.

I keep check on volcanic activity/earthquakes. Many know that there is connections with this type activity and ufo sightings. I know that everything here on Earth is recorded and unusal happenings will bring forth sightings.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
THere hasn't been any new earthquakes since the last one a few days ago. It'll be interesting to see what happens with that area in the coming days/months..

Tela

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I can understand the quakes off Oregon but I will admit the quake in the Mid-West concerns me, baffles me.

When I was little (in the 50's) and on one of my experiences I was shown the Arc of St. Louis which hadn't even been built and the location I believe has meaning not yet understood at least by me??????

Having a quake in this general area wakes me up and I hope it doesn't mean anything much at this time.

I also observe and will continue to do so like yourself.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I have heard many mentions of YellowStone...

but are you guys forgetting about the big supervolcano Long Valley Caldera in CA? Which is connected to the San Andreas Fault Line I believe?..

I'd be much more concerned about this one over YellowStone, considering these are west coastal quakes.

Long Valley Caldera @ Wiki

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
No I never even heard of that, thank you for posting it.

I did check out Yellowstone but didn't see anything listed in the recent activity.

I just can't imagine why the mid-west quake it seems so very out of place.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Yesterday (Sun.) it seemed to be quiet no quakes in mid-west or off Oregon but checking this morning it seems that a quake of 4.5 (aftershock) hit them close to midnight last night.

It also seems a small 4.2 hit off the West Coast more toward Vancouver Island.

I was beginning to think this activity was done with but is it calming or building for something more?

Time will tell, I would make sure I had some type of kit prepared for safety you never know.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by observe50]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Seems that everything is quiet so far. Today is Tuesday, Earth Day and the IRIS site has been quiet in quake activity in Oregon and the mid-west.

Wouldn't it be something if Mother Earth did a good shake today saying, wake up it's Earth Day plant some trees.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Ironic if Earth would use that means to say it, as earthquakes can uproot trees hehe

Even more impressive would be a super volcano going off today (Earth Day)!..

*knocks on obsidian*

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join