It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gangsta Rap' Created to Convince Black People to Kill Each Other

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

No the governement created AIDS to kill of homosexuals, although for some reason it spread into Africa. THat is horrible and I am just kidding.
I am pretty sure that blacks started the whole gangsta rap thing, but like most other things when a race is unhappy with their lot in life and are killing each other in the streets it all comes back to Whitey, I am sick of that idea some people just need realize the truth of the matter, NWA started it and everyone jumped on the band wagon.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254it simply becomes an outlet for emotions that are already present in the individual.
Ahh, I have always said people listen music they relate to.

Originally posted by vehemes terra eternus
Corporate labels (many with govt ties) have so much control
True that's why most mainstream music have no meaning. You'll never hear something political on the radio. Best example you WON'T hear...

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Thread348867]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
What a load of BS. First of all, more young white suburbia types buy and listen to rap than do blacks, so the demographics on this would have to include white teen deaths along with the blacks. Sure, Tupac and Biggie went down, but it was not neccessarily becuase of rap, it was more about a woman, Tupac sang to Biggie in a song about doing his woman, the speculation is that song got him killed. A lot of rappers are bad news, a lot aren't anything like they present in their music. Some of them wouldn't get caught driving near a hood, let alone involved in hood violence. This article is wrong, underresearched, dirt slinging.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Thread348867

Songs and lyrics are expressions of a culture's time and tribulation, you dont hear any more black slave songs do you,,,,
Gangster Rap came out way after the fact, to express another facet of their culture. It is the actions of the artist that made the image of "gangster" life "cool". The repercussions of this immortalization of "Gangster" life style, has in my opinion had a negative impact on society on a whole. It never bothered me to have a car pull up and Barry White, Oris Reeding, or James Brown come blaring accross the traffic lane,,I cant say the say about Snopp Dogg and the lyric's "Gotta Kill all the M--F..s, which is to me threatening and an attempt at intimadation,,
So as a white person I've gone from enjoying pervious music from the prodominatly "Black" American culture to being offended and defensive.
Being a prior military,,I dont do intimedation well..
Rap in general as a lyrical expression has been around a long time and not native to black Americans. They did adopt this style and develope it into a musical art form of its own.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
wow talk about trippy....I had this thought enter my brain years ago when my destestment for all rap was prevalent. I hated any form, but then I found hip hop and opened my mind to the positive aspect of hip hop. But check this out...on new years 08 I was at the mars volta extravaganza in SF and DJ Peanut Butter wolf was spinning up classics and I was heavily shroomed out. I had these premonitions of mind control thru rap music and that there was an upper level to the Bill Graham Civic auditorium that ''masonic'' dressed individuals were luring kids up to, in order to perpetrate horrific crimes to satisfy their carnal lusts and desires. It was a #ed up vision and I almost left, but then TMV came on stage and all that energy dissipated.
The trip is that I just recently learned about the franklin cover up and hunter s. thompsons involvement in it...
and that vision parallels the accusations and alleged truths mr. DeCamps investigation into the franklin cover up. and it also parallels the gangsta rap vision of monkey see monkey doo....Talk about a trip

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

Starred!!! I just read up on this thread from where I left off....amazing; all valid points to various lengths of the extent...

Of course there is anger among the black race...of course they were oppressed and in some cases continue to face this...however, taking this anger and fueling it and whipping it up along with perpetuation themes of: abuse or rape of women, hating gays, killing cops, trafficking hard core drugs, capping your rival, obsessions with material show (there's a name for this and I can't remember what it's called) etc, is completely unethical...even some of the higher up black executives and performers in the genre have said so and spoken of it / written about this same thing...and of course the wealthy white men who run the labels at the top cash in and ride off under the sunset in thier rolls royces to their homes in the gated community up on the hill...and by the way ya-all, the govn't absolutely is involved in western entertainment; do some research on it and you will find agents and members of various military branches working with the industry in Hollywood...so if you say they didn't create it - there might be some validity to that, however they certainly gave it their blessing and helped it along...This campaign on promoting the format and culture was just as much pushed as it was pulled, and anyone on the inside will tell you so.

When you watch these people (not to single it out on race, but rather the followers of the gangster music culture) come out of the clubs after hours of hard core rap and hip hop music, they fight, yell, break glass windows, jump on cars, break tread, run the red lights, put everyone on the roads or sidewalks at risk, even shoot at one another in many cases, and as a previous poster pointed out, play the music at decibel levels so loud they wake people up blocks away at 4 or 5 in the morning....this kind of thing...they sure as hell aren't talking about pulling our troops out of Iraq, or bringing in health care that covers us all, or getting food out to the hungry children, or housing for the homeless or just how in the world is America going to recover from the $trillions in debt the Bush govn't have delivered us....Ha haaa, yeah right they are thinking of this!!! LOL, their busy fighting one another and over some very very very trivial s*#t...

I'm saying (and so have many others btw...) there is a motive by one party/ideologs (who go back to the Nixon era even if you can believe it), clearly, to promote anything and everything possible to prevent this block from becoming fully informed, and participate (ie: show up on election day) in the democratic process. Their whole entire strategy envolving among other things, voter cageing, lost ballots, long lines at the polls, media infultration and propaganda agendas etc... a little here, a little there, some more over there, some disinterested distracted ganster wana'bes over there....it all adds up and pretty soon you've thrown an election. We simply have got to wake up and not let these people contine to steal America. Look at Lennon, JFK, RFK, MLK etc... someone did these folks in and the motive patterns fit with these same interests that to stand to gain by a culture devided and distracted. Nothing better than gansta' rap could have fallen out of the sky and kissed them on the cheek that this, and it's being used as a tool for political gain IMHO...

Less drugs dealing, rape, gay bashing, cars that thump and hop every night at 3am, people knifing or shooting one another for gold chains and rings and instead: more education; more upward mobility access in society...more healthcare for everyone, more jobs, family planning, aids prevention, neighborhood watch programms, community events, more fairness, less oppression of the working class, more equity in wages etc.....we need real community building, not destruction, and this country needs it everywhere! Why can't we get music with these themes in them? Why when someone tries with a huge following they end up dead or completely so far out of it? Coincidence??? To quote the whipping boy GOP media darling: "we report, you decide".

[edit on 15-4-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hi Everyone.

I think she has got a bit confused somewhere down the line because it goes without saying that crime and violence are linked and if you are living in poverty you would turn to crime.

The simplicity of it is no matter what colour your skin is you are going to do what ever you need to do to eat. It just so happens that the black race was the race of that era had to turn to crime to make money and with crime comes violence and so forth.

I believe the Theory in Boyz in the Hood is alot more credible where he preaches to the kids that on every corner of the hood there is a alcohol outlet and a gun shop because the government want black people to get drunk and kill each other.

Well thats my opinion anyway!!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Britishmanwithaplan

I believe the Theory in Boyz in the Hood is alot more credible where he preaches to the kids that on every corner of the hood there is a alcohol outlet and a gun shop because the government want black people to get drunk and kill each other.

But of course. But to get the ball rolling, lets make killing each other seem fun and rewarding so that people will not only not feel bad about it, they will have fun doing it. I think you can see where i am going with this.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
more education;

You've got a signature line... I'm using mine

more upward mobility access in society...

The pathway to Heaven is open to all.

more healthcare for everyone,

And God saith, 'Lo, I have given to you every herb sowing seed...

more jobs,

Last night I met a man who lived selling trinkets he carved out of bones left over from the meat he ate.

family planning, aids prevention,

Keep it in your pants until you are ready to give freely to; love a new born child.

neighborhood watch programms

Look out your window... something you don't like? Don't call the cops... Just go out your door and say, "hey man.... I'd appreciate it if..." It works.

community events

live band, laser light show, and 300 people expected at my house this weekend.

happy 4/20!

more fairness, less oppression of the working class, more equity in wages etc...

barter

..we need real community building, not destruction, and this country needs it everywhere!

Since 2003; with these 2 hands and the hands of my wife:
I've tacked on 7500 sqft of roof
plumbed 6 marble bathrooms and 3 granite kitchens;
sanded 11,000 sqft of wood floor
painted 5 houses in and out
planted 100 trees; 200 bushes
wired 2 houses; service panel to ground
framed 5 rooms
wood sided the exterior of a house
installed 2 huge wood cathedral ceilings
re-glazed 40 antique windows
hung 50 doors
established barter relationships with my neighbours

You have everything you'll ever need, just do.

Why can't we get music with these themes in them?

torrentz -> discography:

willy mason
jack johnson
sinatra
bob marley
phish
johnny cash
dubconscious
matisyahu
peter tosh
the beetles
buju banton

plenty more good vibrations where that came from... seek and ye shall find.

I wanna speak louder than Ritalin
For all the children who think that they've got a disease

willy mason

Be the change you wish to see in the world

dubconscious

Sri Oracle

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

I think there is some truth to what she is saying I think artist's like 50cent, Jay Z... I don't know any of the other big gangster rappers cause I don't listen to radio or watch MTV. But I have heard something about it being a CIA operation to promote those gangster rappers CoIntelPro I have heard it called. I really love hip hop just none of the commercial crap. Immortal Technique, Non Phixion, Sabac Red, KRS One, Mos Def, Akir, Critical Madness, Organized Konfusion, Poor Righteous Teachers, Public Enemy, Cage, Sage Francis, Dead Prez. Psycho Realm. None of these artists are part of CoIntelPro Infact Psycho Realm have a track called "CoIntelPro" which is about what we are talking about here. Anyway that's my first post on this site so I hope it is readable. Nice site with good point's from all sides from what I have seen so far.

Here's a spoken word by Taalam Acey over "Dead Prez - Hip Hop" which has good lyrics in itself but check this song anyhow.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by paddz420]

[edit on 16-4-2008 by paddz420]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by paddz420

Thank you for that input. Starred. I'm surprised I'd never heard the term CoIntelPro before, and I'm even more surprised it hasn't been used in this thread before (that I've noticed). There's no doubt in my mind that the government has secret measures to subvert groups, subgenres, and scenes who have the potential for revolutionary tendencies.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I think she's a little confused, blaming white man for gangsta rap.

The underlying problem is most of these kids dont have their parents to support them. They need role models, they need to feel like they belong, so gangs are where they go.

Theres a story I heard about, a single black mother who had to raise her son by herself, lived in a bad gang filled neighorhood. She kept her son in doors everyday afterschool, she made him read and give her book reports every week. He became a surgeon when he got older. A very smart compassionate man whos talents could have been wasted if it wasnt for his mother. Amazing story. His life could have very easily been gangs, drugs, and violence.

Theres so much talent wasted with these kids, the parents could make such a huge difference.

Then these gangstas have kids and arent around and their kids get into the gangsta life, and on and on.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
wow a wow a wow!!!!

now I know what alicia is spending all her money on...crack. the crack she must be smoking.

since when did the white devil invent gangsta rap? besides never. she can't admit that most of the black on black crime is just that. black induced black created. blacks fighting each other over nothing. how can anybody with a brain claim that the white devil, aka the man, aka louis rich created gangsta rap as a tool for genocide. and a pretty bad method at that.

PS alicia is talented but not impressively so in fact she sings so flat on "no one" that my trained ears can't even stand to listen to it. So let me get this straight ms poindexter goes to julliard learns some chopan. rips it off so that most of her firsts albums "brilliant" piano playing sounds like a kid trying to learn the piano, then she goes around wearing a medallion of and AK 47? wow what a poser. and the western media is actually dumb enough to buy it. damn we are a gullible lot.

also gangsta rap is fueling black on black crime. I didn't know england had enough of a black population to actually cause black on black crime. what do the do take the train from two counties I mean shires over just to find some other black guy they can beef with? Last time I went to london it was just a bunch of lanky white punks wearing hoodies causing problems because they haven't found themselves and were insecure, not blacks.

alicia you need to get some better friends because the douches your hanging out with are obviously as ignorant and hopeless as you seem to be.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Rap is no different from punk, or from rock, in the way you describe. It is angry. It is anti-establishment. It gets in your face to challenge your preconceptions. And white people hate it because angry anti-establishment black people getting in their faces and telling them, "look again" scares the holy bejeezus out of them.

Are there idiots that crank out rap? Absolutely. Snoop Dogg is worthless. These kid rappers are probably the most asinine, artistically void things I've ever seen. But hey. Rock has Kid Rock and Nickleback, so what damn room is there to talk from that angle?

I used to hate rap. Which in hindsight was funny, because I'd never actually listened to it. Like a lot of people here on the board, I heard loud noise and expletives every now and then, so I just tuned it out and made the assumption it was all crazy people talking about killing bitches and drinking 40's - again, like a lot of posters here.

And then, for some reason I can't really explain, I actually heard this song... or rather, saw it on MTV. Go figure.

I heard it, I felt it, and, to be honest, I wanted more. I started actually listening to rap. It's simply amazing what you can find.

To find it though, you have to dig through the layers of manure pumped out onto the radio by the RIAA. Nobody seems to realize... Britney Spears? Toby Keith? Beyonce? Li'l Bow-Wow? Matchbox 20? Nickelback? All the same music. Every ounce of it. Plastic cutout crap designed solely to be an advertisement on the radio for the RIAA.

Yes, rap carries a lot of anger. What do you think music is about? Singing about lolipops? Buy a Raffi CD if that's what you want. Music is passion, It is fury. A man with no pain, no rage, somewhere in him cannot make music. I believe the term is "heart" because that sounds nicer than what it really is. No artist makes music so he can feature on "Greatest Party Tracks Vol. XXVII"

You want to say rap has no substance?

Rap is angry, because there is a lot to be angry about. If it makes you uncomfortable to hear, then good. It's doing what it's supposed to. Does it cuss? Does it speak of violence? Absolutely. So does much other music. Why the double standard that Rap, alone out of musical genres, needs to "play nice"?

Perhaps we'd all be more comfortable if "those kind of people" just stuck to singing "swing low, sweet chariot"?

Alicia Keys is an idiot who doesn't understand the subject she's talking about. People don't kill each other because of music. And though the government may have it's tentacles on the RIAA, it doesn't exercise nearly the level of control some would think. Music is awful propaganda medium - It's hard to control, and people can tell what's fake and what's not.

And let me just leave you with two more rap songs that might surprise you, because they don't "fit the mold"...

[edit on 16-4-2008 by TheWalkingFox]

[edit on 16-4-2008 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
also gangsta rap is fueling black on black crime. I didn't know england had enough of a black population to actually cause black on black crime. what do the do take the train from two counties I mean shires over just to find some other black guy they can beef with? Last time I went to london it was just a bunch of lanky white punks wearing hoodies causing problems because they haven't found themselves and were insecure, not blacks.

You obviously came to London a loooooooooong time ago my friend, or perhaps managed to hop from Kensington to Richmond to some other more upper class area of the city. London is vastly non-white (although white's aren't yet the minority). Granted, a lot of the non-white population are Middle-Eastern, but there's a substantial black community - and not just in London.

If you jump back to the first page of this thread, a few posts down I posted a picture showing recent murdered youths - almost all of whom are black. Guns and knives are rife in the UK. Sure, we're probably just following in the footsteps of America but if US Gangsta Rap was justifed 20 years ago, it's certainly justified here. We're only a few years behind.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I was always under the assumption that RAP stood for"retards attempt at poetry" That should get me in hot water Fo Shizzle

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

In other words, the lanky white guys in hoodies killing each other have been replaced by lanky black and middle eastern guys in hoodies killing each other.

Same thing, new demographic.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Here's couple of lines from "Dead Prez - Hip Hop"

"It's bigger than hip hop, hip hop, hip hop, hip hop
Uh, one thing 'bout music, when it hit you feel no pain
white folks says it controls your brain
I know better than that, that's game and we ready for that"

"In the real world, these just people with ideas
They just like me and you when the smoke and camera disappear
Again the real world (world), it's bigger than all these fake ass records
Where poor folks got the millions and my woman's disrespected"

"If you a fighter, rider, ?bout'er?, flame ignitor, crowd exciter
Or you wanna just get high, then just say it
But then if you a liar-liar, pants on fire, wolf-cry agent with a wire
I'm gonna know it when I play it"

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by paddz420

Here's couple of lines from "Dead Prez - Hip Hop"

"It's bigger than hip hop, hip hop, hip hop, hip hop
Uh, one thing 'bout music, when it hit you feel no pain
white folks says it controls your brain
I know better than that, that's game and we ready for that"

"In the real world, these just people with ideas
They just like me and you when the smoke and camera disappear
Again the real world (world), it's bigger than all these fake ass records
Where poor folks got the millions and my woman's disrespected"

"If you a fighter, rider, ?bout'er?, flame ignitor, crowd exciter
Or you wanna just get high, then just say it
But then if you a liar-liar, pants on fire, wolf-cry agent with a wire
I'm gonna know it when I play it"

Dude, that's a cool song and everything, but it is blatantly racist. In fact, Dead Prez are scum-sucking racist bigots who deserve nothing less than to be called out on it.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Enrikez

Funny how you're saying that it's racist, in a thread full of white people claiming that rap brainwashes black people.

Go figure, huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join