It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gangsta Rap' Created to Convince Black People to Kill Each Other

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Be careful, this is uncensored for art's sake.

Now, anyone who tells me that this is government propoganda, used to cause blacks to kill themselves gives the government way too much credit.

No way that Reagan or Bush Sr are this smart. If they were, forget politics, they could make more money and be more powerful as record executives.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Enrikez]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomThought

LOL wow....out of all the conspiracies, this has got to be one of the most ridiculous ones. It's like saying emo music was created to make kids commit suicide. come on now

Actually it is well documented that when you crush peoples spirits and remove their individuality they are more easily suggestable and will just go with the flow of things. Notice that all emo kids dress the same, have the same style glasses and all talk and act the exact same. Kind of like little clones dont you think? They will buy into anything that relates to being emo (like the box style glasses) and will adjust their behaviour to match what is going on the mainstream.

This is exactly the kind of thing that governments and large corporations want to see. Every music genre has its own style and from each style its own demographic. All of these groups combined create a sort of balance that is part of the mechanism being used to control the populace.

The way this works is kind of like this:

- People who fit into the top 40 pop genre are usually the people who like to go out often and listen to the same crapola you hear at the clubs over and over. These are the people who are always into the latest fasions, buy the new, hip hybrid cars, and go to the movies every weekend with their friends who all text message each other whilst sitting beside each other in the same room.

- The gangster/rap/hip hop genre consists of a few sub groups. There are the ones who come from good families who buy the expensive clothes that pretty much turn them into walking billboards and all have the fancy chains and the 20 inch rims on their cars mommy and daddy bought for them. There are the rappers who made it big and buy all kinds of crap they dont need as to make themselves seem more important than the next guy. And then there are the street kids who think that it is a way of life and kill each other off at alarming rates. This portion of it is used as a form of population control as it reduces the number of poor urban youth and nobody seems to care about it as long as it isnt happening in their neighborhoods.

- People who consider themselves emo think that they are not buying into some kind of genre but in all actuality they are one of the worst offenders. Many of them think that they arent supporting large corporations and popular culture but the kicker is that there is a whole industry that they buy into that is cleverly disguised into thinking that they are not buying into it.

There are many other types of groups of people and genres and sub genres but the main point of this is that for every type of person, there is an industry that is set up to clean out their wallets and they all buy into it like crazy without even knowing it. It seems that most people belong to a certain group these days and there are only a small handfull of people who arent. In many cases these people stick together still but i see alot of people who are treated as outcasts and ridiculed because they simply dont want to buy into a cookie utter lifestyle.

SO you think music doesnt have an effect on peoples lives and behaviours? Think again. It is probably the most effective tool in use to control the populace.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Sure music matters, but it's not government controlled. That's the whole point from elvis to NWA to Marylin Manson. Government can't control the music, that's what has got them all up in arms.

Doesn't anyone remember their music history?

Check this out:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
The real taste test is this: Go to your nearest major metro area and find the largest night club that plays this type of music and stand outside just before 2am when they kick everyone out onto the streets after last call and all the boose is pulled...

Hahah, I used to work at one of the most commonly used small to medium sized concert venues in New Zealand. Every time they played that crap or had concerts of similar genre there were fights, intimidation, bottling, someone stole the DJs jacket once... etc etc - police called and heaps of bouncers and stupid carrying on. No glass inside the dance section and bouncers on the doors between bar>dance floor checking for it.

Now go to the black/death/whatever metal scene (which I'm part of as well..) in same venue or others and there is glass allowed inside dance floor, no fights, no problems and everyone has a good time. No fights outside the venue no nothing, no intimidation.
Big contrast against stereotypical 'scary black metal people'... hahaha. Usually the most peaceful and lovely crowds to deal with for everyone who worked there with me, up there with jazz and reggae crowds etc.

I can't stand the way that it's perceived to be cool and pretend you're a 'gangsta' like everyone else. It's cool to all be the same as you can't possibly deviate from the norm. For example one kid at the school I currently work at wants to get a mazda ute (mini truck thing) like everyone else and do the usual sack it out on its arse and put some lovely shiny wheels on it. Again, just like everyone else. He moaned that it's expensive and hard to find them. I told him possibly because everyone else already has done that too... hence the demand and price rise.
Also the whole 'gotta getz da bitchz and hoes/40oz/homies in the hood' crap drives me mental as well... to an outsider like myself or anyone else I've asked across varying demographics an opinion of, they just simply think it's degenerate and the people following the trend are utter idiots. Go figure..

That line of thinking [must follow the trend set] drives me nuts and I'm glad to have my school friends who can't stand it either, none of them are into metal either.. go figure. There are some free thinking people out there still.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by GhostR1der]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
SO you think music doesnt have an effect on peoples lives and behaviours? Think again. It is probably the most effective tool in use to control the populace.

Yep! If one were to believe in the whole NWO thing, you'd be as naive as can be if you didn't think that music isn't a tool at their disposal. Whilst I don't believe in this little conspiracy Alicia is touting (because as some people rightfully pointed out, it's a weak scapegoat - a way of not taking responsibility) I do think that music is as vulnerable a target as any other form of art or media for manipulation.

What's really interesting is if you look at this thread regarding hidden Masonic symbolism in hip-hop. The jury was still out as to whether those guys - Jay-Z etc - use Masonic symbolism because it looks cool or because they're genuinely involved in it, but I suppose you could tie Alicia Keys' claims in with this pretty well. Jay-Z is an inside agent helping to create a nihilistic negative youth culture for the NWO.

I realise I just argued against my own belief but what the hell - speculation is fun.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Enrikez

Sure music matters, but it's not government controlled. That's the whole point from elvis to NWA to Marylin Manson. Government can't control the music, that's what has got them all up in arms.

Sadly this battle is mroe or less restricted to heavy metal music. And if i recall metals glory days or over. Although still quite popular it is the most widely unpopular genre. The biggest battles against music were against rock and roll and metal. This is because it doesnt conform to anything specific, has unlimited sub genres and can include anyone from any walk of life. Rock and Metal create anti government, anti system, anti conformity, anti establishment attitudes among its listeners and promote free thought. MSM has constantly tried to demonize metal since the 70s.

The other genres have industries set up for people to buy into but for the rock/metal genre it is really hard to create a solid foundation for spin offs because of the anything goes attitude. Basically Metal is the ultimate weapon against the establishment. Modern rock has been tamed and is now watered down and broken down into sub genres that produce income for those who control it. Metal is considered unpopular to about 90% of the population. You cant imagine the infinate amount of dirty looks i receicve playing my music loudly while driving and you dont see the people blaring rap or emo or pop getting the same treatment.

If you think im kidding around consider this. F**k the police is a way of life someone can buy into but lyrics like from Machine Heads newest release are threatening to the esablishment. Ill give you an example.

Sing revolution’s song
When they say die
Die for America

Clenching the Fists of dissent - Machine Head

Always our souls entwine
Erase this vast divide
Deaf ears our voices rest
Tyrant, this is protest

A farewell to arms - Machine Head

This band was nominated for a grammy in 2007 for best metal album but lost to Slayer. Kerry King from Slayer reported said after the awards show that they dont know why Machine Head didnt win and that they should have. I could probably tell you why tho.

Either way the mentality of the metal genre is damaging to the establishment and therefor we are programmed to not instantly go for the metal. After all it is the LEAST played music on the radio and TV yet still has a huge fan base bigger than some of the more popular genres. I wonder why.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I don't think Gangsta Rap was made to kill each other. Would the goverment really make NWA to teach kids (white and black) to say F*** the Police? I mean they talk bad about Hip-hop in the MSM. Hip-hop and Rap was also political, not so much today in the mainstream but it still is.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If Robin Hood, John Brown, Malcolm X, Fidel Castro, Nelson Mandela had the musical inclination to invent a musical genra... It would be a highly anti-esblishement. The point Gansta Rap was trying to convey was... "Right these wrongs and get these crooked Cops, their violent unjust systems and negative stereo types off our backs!

We have the right to be humans too... Mr. Baton over the skull! Like any revolutionary ideoloy, it's main focus was to shock the draws off and bring attention to a cry for fairness & equality.... And any moron with any ethical bone in their body should understand why. How can you listen to Kool & the Gang, Prince or even Alicia Keys herself when Cops historically have targeted blacks and hispanic's for looking suspicious?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
im not gonna read all the replies...but that is the stupidest thing.

gangster rap isnt promoting killing

drugs in the streets = deaths = gangs = people rapping (singing) about their previous or current situation.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 30 Seconds

drugs in the streets = deaths = gangs = people rapping (singing) about their previous or current situation.

You are correct in thinking that but basically the point is and what the thread should really be about is that all music in general is a medium which is being used to profit from the populace while at the same time injecting ideas and feelings into us that allow the people in the industries to continue to control where the money gets spent. This basically is used as a form of control as it dictates styles and ways of thinking and also in a way seperates us through its genres. So while gangster rap may not be the direct cause of the violence, it does glorify it desensitizes us from it. So yes it does contribute to the violence.

Youth are especially suggestable to any kind of behaviour so if you fill their music full of glory through crime, drugs and violence, they will think this is the way it has to be. Sincle the creation of music youth have based their adolescant style on the particular kind of music they enjoy. This is fact. These days music tells people to buy lots of expensive things, spend allyour money on women, or treat women like garbage, sell/do drugs, commit crimes, injure/murder people, drink alcohol, etc.., they will do all of the above because hey, music wouldn't lie.... would it?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

The real taste test is this: Go to your nearest major metro area and find the largest night club that plays this type of music and stand outside just before 2am when they kick everyone out onto the streets after last call and all the boose is pulled...

There was a rather seedy club here in Chicago called Chromium. It wasn't a south-side ghetto club, it was just a hip-hop club close to downtown.

A lady that lived across the street set up a webcam after a shooting happened and caught several crimes of varying degrees of heinousness. They ended up closing the place eventually.

Article

And of course there was the Tank Johnson incident where his boy was shot outside of Ice Bar. Ice Bar is only a few blocks off of Michigan Ave, not exactly a bad part of town...

Article

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

I dont think thats why it was created, but thats what it is certainly accomplishing

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Yeah I have felt the same in the past.

Another thing that annoys me is, you go see some guy after a month and all of the sudden they talk different, all gangsta, so sudden, their accent and words haha.

Also It's not long at all since I've been in college and school and you know how everyone makes up new words, and people go along with it and add it to their main use of words, lol. Well I used to understand it all, being in college and all.

But now all of the sudden there are totally different words, and if you don't understand it they assume your not cool haha. So you learn these new words, then next month they come talking to you again, and you have no idea what they just said, guess what, they replaced last months new words with something else, that simply sounds damn stupid. haha.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
it's a crock of u know what...I have been listening to rap since the mid 80's, basically since before it became popular. And I haven't killed nobody white or black. I ain't gonna say it doesn't boost you up sometimes to maybe do something a lil on the crazy side, but not murder someone. And if it does, I would suggest to not listen to it.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Tupac and some of the early 90's performers had real talent. Today It's all about bling. Rap has influenced a lot of people to put expensive rims on crappy cars. It also, I believe, makes young people of certain demographics to think it perfectly acceptable to bust caps in someone for "disrespect."

I don't think it's a planned out conspiracy, but the cultural rot does keep the prisons full. Follow the money and realize that prisons are a major growth industry, so why mess up a good thing.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

I see where you are coming from, but Rap music used to have a platform to stand on and they did. Artists like KRS and public enemy tought multitudes of people about tolerance and knowledge. There are many artists like this in the golden age of rap. Now it's just comercialized garbage.

I'm also a big metal fan, just like I used to be a big rap fan. Probably because I can appreciate music with something to say.

BTW, I thought this might be a good opportunity to post a rap video that screams art to me. For those who dismiss this music for whatever reason, you have to give this song a chance, it's probably the best rap song to come out in 1994 and is still a classic in my mind.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Metaldemon I think you hit the nine inch nail on the head with your previous posts.

I too get the 'dirty looks' when I'm blazing some old school Metallica or Pantera. Most of their songs have a good message but because they are played in such a raw and powerful way most think "it's the devil's music!"

Of course the Govt knows of the powerful influence music has on society. Bush proclaimed Eminem "dangerous and damaging to our children." I don't think he liked the song 'White America.'

Tupac was like a black Elvis, black Jesus, Martin Luther King all rolled up into one. I'm convinced the Govt had something to do with his murder, as well as Biggie. They were worried his anti-gov lyrics would start an uprising, such was his influence. To this day they have not charged anyone with either murder, and Pac got shot on Las Vegas Strip! I bet they were jumping for joy when the whole east vs west thing started.

Corporate labels (many with govt ties) have so much control it's infuriating
If they don't like what your saying, you ain't playing. Most Hip Pop these days is utter crap with very little originality in the lyrics and the music videos. There are still a few class acts, Immortal Technique, Mos Def, Taleb Kwali to name a few.

I don't think gangsta rap was created to convince black people to kill each other, but I do believe 'they' nurture it to maintain a sense of hostility. Peace

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

then watch how aggressive they are...watch them fight each other over nothing...watch them go completely nuts on each other to the point where sometimes dozens of officers are called in and away from other duties to ride heard on these people...

I live two blocks away... except the local gangsta club closes down at 5 am. Friday and Saturday night you can expect to go without sleep. Its the type of situation that makes you use phrases like...

"those people"

They do circles around the block... systems thumping till dawn

n n m'f'r
n n m'fr
f dat b n n m'fr

Last week I set up my garden hose to look like a water main leak... turned on full bore; I aimed it at car window height and went back to bed.

Sri Oracle

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The government in no way created gangsta rap. The best way I've heard its creation described was an article I read in a journal last week. It compared the gangster lifestyle to that of older warrior cultures. Gangsta rap was simply created as another way for these people to boast about their deeds, just like tagging a wall. Like most criminal acts however, it became glamorized when the media caught on to it. However this does not mean it breeds violence. Psychological studies have shown that music cannot create the desire to cause violence in someone it can only stir feelings that are already there. If you go to a Slayer show you'll see plenty of violence, but you don't see anyone saying that Slayer was created for people to kill each other, it simply becomes an outlet for emotions that are already present in the individual.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Not that I find her statement valid in any way, BUT...I do find it pretty hilarious that virtually everyone here finds the proposal that whites have held down blacks in various ways offensive and moronic and yet SO MANY here can find it perfectly logical that the entirety of humanity is being manipulated by reptilian alien shape shifters...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join