It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gangsta Rap' Created to Convince Black People to Kill Each Other

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
...according to Alicia Keys. Interesting idea.

NEW YORK — There's another side to Alicia Keys: conspiracy theorist.

The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter tells Blender magazine: "'Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. 'Gangsta rap' didn't exist."

Keys, 27, said she's read several Black Panther autobiographies and wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead," according to an interview in the magazine's May issue, on newsstands Tuesday.

Another of her theories: The bicoastal feud between slain rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. was fueled "by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing."

Keys' AK-47 jewelry came as a surprise to her mother, who is quoted as telling Blender: "She wears what? That doesn't sound like Alicia." Keys' publicist, Theola Borden, said Keys was on vacation and unavailable for comment.

Though she's known for her romantic tunes, she told Blender that she wants to write more political songs. If black leaders such as the late Black Panther Huey Newton "had the outlets our musicians have today, it'd be global. I have to figure out a way to do it myself," she said.

The multiplatinum songstress behind the hits "Fallin"' and "No One" most recently had success with her latest CD, "As I Am," which sold millions.

source (fox)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
She doesn't seem to have much faith in her own race if she believes that the evil white man was able to convince black people to kill themselves off by creating gangsta rap. Since aids and crack (the other things that white people created to kill off black people) didn't work, the obvious next choice for keeping black people down is gangsta rap.

Hell, more white suburbanite kids listen to gangsta rap than anyone else these days. Looks like the man missed the mark on that master plan.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Hell, more white suburbanite kids listen to gangsta rap than anyone else these days. Looks like the man missed the mark on that master plan.

Yes, absolutely true. However, here in London, the vast majority of teenage gang-related murders (according to the MSM at least) are black-on-black. These stabbings have been increasing at a frightening rate. So it seems that whilst white kids are drawn to gangsta rap, they're perhaps not as strongly influenced by it as black kids.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

That's interesting. As an outside observer, who rarely sees much about London crime, I was under the impression that most of the crime you guys were facing was from the hoodie wearing low life white kids. I didn't realize there was a lot of black on black gang crime. I honestly don't watch much TV though, so I am out of the loop.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The real taste test is this: Go to your nearest major metro area and find the largest night club that plays this type of music and stand outside just before 2am when they kick everyone out onto the streets after last call and all the boose is pulled...

then watch how agressive they are...watch them fight each other over nothing...watch them go completely nuts on each other to the point where sometimes dozens of officers are called in and away from other duties to ride heard on these people...

After a sample of around 10 nights of this or so monitoring the gansta rap / hip hop club croud, then go find your nearest "hi-energy" and / or "diva house" bar and watch how those folks behave at closing time for around 10 nights or so.

After doing this, then come back on here and tell us what your observations are...I would bet the farm your mind on gangstah rap will have changed...

It has been my observation and thoughts regarding this topic many times that if you wanted to invent something to inject in a certain demographic (racial motivation? possible...what about their voteing patterns...this group tends to vote change and more progressive and so if you were Karl Rove for example, you woulnd't want these people to show up and vote) with something to get them devided on and fighting amonst themselves and being totally obsorbed by it to the point where they are so distracted and messed up that significant numbers somehow fail to show up on voteing day or to even notice there is/was an election, then gangsta rap pop culture is the way to do it. Expecially in close elections this can make or break it for the conservative candidate

>>>On a side note, and it's not gansta rap, but look at what happened to John Lennon? Also, another angle to this is that the pop stars of the 80's were getting way to big and popular (both expensive and threatening) and so a new style was promoted like crazy to crush the huge 80's followings (although skeptics of this angle might argue the demo's who bought the music got older and tastes changed while at the same time the artists did too)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
...according to Alicia Keys. Interesting idea.

"to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead,"

^^Kind of ironic that quote isnt it^^
Black gangs were around and killing each other well before gangsta rap got big.As for the feuds between rappers in the media its mostly hype which = record sales.With people like Dr Dre and Jay Z as owners and producers of there own record companies you can hardly blame whitey for them perpetuating feuds between rappers/labels.

Edit to fix quote tag.

[edit on 4/14/2008 by Djarums]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Well like I said, this is according to the MSM. Some people think the MSM deliberately downplay black crime, some think they over-exaggerate it. I'm not sure which is true.

All I know is that we're presented with info like this image showing murdered teenagers a lot. Granted the chart doesn't show the ethnicity of the killers but generally reports seem to be that it's mostly black-on-black. As you can see, the majority of these murdered teenagers are black.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Crap! Put my post in a quote.
I cant believe alot of people take gangsta rap so seriously anyway.Its gone from a social statement to a spectacle "look at me im so tough and badass"

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

So, is your answer to why there is such a violent reaction to the gansta rap in the hip hop clubs that the music is engineered by white people to cause black people to kill themselves? Are you making a statement about the music or the demographic?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The idea that the big bad government cooked up gangsta rap is pretty funny. Take a good look at who works in the government. For the most part it is a bunch of stiff stuffed shirts. These are usually old white dudes that have no imagination.

I mean it would take an evil genius on the scale of Dick Cheney to evolve such an idea. I however cant wrap my mind around a Dick Cheney type listening to this crap to see if it will actually work for blacks to kill each other.

Alicia Keyes is an expert on what? Because shes black and a singer, it must be true. I think the conspiracy here is people believing a nit-wit.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisInfo
Alicia Keyes is an expert on what? Because shes black and a singer, it must be true. I think the conspiracy here is people believing a nit-wit.

Mate, no-one so far has said they believe in this conspiracy. I posted it because I thought it was pretty fascinating that such a cooked-up conspiracy theory came from someone like Alicia Keys (although I'll admit I've barely just heard of her - I know nothing about her or her music).

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
While Alicia is immensely talented, she is a complete moron.

She went to Juilliard and runs around with rappers trying to be "gangster." Yes, Juilliard is very gangster, so is yale and harvard. And yes, "gangster" is the only way to describe the way she portrays herself since her ascension in music.

I recommend she listen to Kanye West's "Can't tell me nothin'" where he admits, that as soon as he became rich he thought he could say anything he wanted.

The sad reason for this to happen to the genre is that everything was always a competition. Once someone had a contract and some money it was always about the cars they bought or their bling. Once competition becomes too heated, it turns to war.

Rapping has sadly always had a very violent side to it. If it took any talent to become rich then maybe we wouldn't have the type of people rapping today. Don't get me wrong: Kanye West, Mos Def, The Roots, Bone Thugs, Talib Kweli, and Tupac are just some of the great talent in this genre, and most of them are not violent rappers, but for the most part, they'll take anyone off the street.

And before you cry racism, this is coming from someone who has produced a lot of rap, and it is a fact that you do not need to be talented to make it big, as long as it will make money they'll take you. And violence very often equals money.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
While Alicia is immensely talented, she is a complete moron.

My point exactly, I couldnt have said it better myself.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Rap did not "always have a violent side to it" as stated above. If you listen to some of the earliest songs out of NY circa 82-83 (and up until about 1985) rap and hip-hop was mainly about parties, "sign of the times", respecting/disrespecting other artists or about girls. You didn't have any violence in the genre until "West Coast" style came about in 85 or so.

What was originally a form of expression and artistic ability ("rapping" was a skill) became an outlet and later became an excuse. When record-execs saw the potential and viral ability of rap/hip hop and the money to be made, they got involved and pushed it's content to the limits (at the sacrifice of creativity and quality IMHO).

"There's no such thing as BAD PRESS" was definitely the norm as gangsta-rap spoke of killing cops, 2 Live Crew praised the ultimate degradation of women and shows like "Yo MTV Raps" pushed the worst of the worst into the spotlight and helped to fuel the extreme.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well, I am sorry to have to disappoint some people, but music DOES have great influence on kids/people, especially if they are high on alcohol or high on drugs.

It changes your mood; Gangsta rap.
And I do not mean all the commercial pussy-gangster rap, but the REAL gangster rap, the RAW super aggressive, hyped up coc aine/crack rhythms are outright anger-inducing.
I have been working with psycho-active sounds now for years and I have experienced the effects of sound on humans, I have even experimented with some people.
Some types of sound/rhythm definitely get yer blood cooking. Rhythms that are entraining and intruding, sounds that penetrate the cells.

Armies have been using sound to bring down airplanes for a long time and we all know the stressing effec t of loud noise.
There are frequencies that can rupture the eardrums at very low volumes; sound that can make your nervous system go haywire.
Sound can make psychotic people have an episode, can make people nauseous, sound can make you # yer pants.

EDtcetera, etcetera.

Also there have been so many instances that we have seen connections between organized crime and gangs, between government officials and crime/gangs corporate hiring of gangmembers to 'punish' not-paying clients etcetera etcetera. Involvement of government in Music-industry is undeniable. I do not have the links to websites for this; I am writing this from memory, lets say. But investigation of this matter should prove easy; I have chanced upon this so often.
While not fully endorsing the Alicia Keys claims, I do find it important to investigate these types of claims, because we all know that the factions in government that would do wrong take any chance to influence and cause schism in any group of people.
Many people even claim that the Illuminati are responsible for creating gang-culture in the USA and elsewhere; as they have created most revolutions/counterculture. They maty not always have succeeded in their goals with that, but they at least have had a disruptive effect on regular society.
Not that regular society is anything good, but i guess you know what I mean.
As long as the public is scared and guessing at the truth; they have reached their objectives.
I will be searching the web for evidence of what I have claimed so I will be writing more later here.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dervishmadwhirler

This is pure garbage.

All talk of government 'creating' gangster rap and that the tones and sounds of gangster rap cause people to kill (which is what you are insinuating) is ridiculous. Alicia Keyes is pretty much saying that NWA, Getto Boys and the like are creations of the government? Give me a break.

Remember what C. Dolores Tucker had to go through trying to ban gangster rap? I didn't see Alicia standing up for her before her death when rappers were lambasting her name in public and over the airwaves, calling her a slut, bitch and much worse. Where was this brave Ms. Keyes then?

At some point people have to take responsibility for themselves. How anyone can sympathize with a person who claims 'it's not our fault we kill each other. The government invented poverty and aids and crack and gangster rap to cause this to happen to us because white people hate black people.' is beyond me.

Hey Alicia ... Instead of whining about moronic things like this and blaming others for black people killing each other, why don't you join up with the other millionaire and billionaire black people who grew up in these neighbour hoods and subsidize their housing? Why don't you open up subsidized grocery stores in those neighbourhoods? Why not open up some not for profit education systems to help people get into college? Why don't you spend all that money to help black people instead of blaming white people?

What an idiot she is.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If the government is in the drug game, then I wouldn't be surprised if they would have some covert influence over gangsta rap music, since that glorifies the life of a gangsta. Gangsta life style revolves heavily around the drug game, so the government gains a whole lot of drug dealers to do their bidding and to give them a scape goat to point the finger at.

I don't think there's any racism behind the government's decision to target minorities. White people turn a blind eye to gang related crime in this country. Now if the thugs were white instead of minorities would this be the case? The government picks minorities because they know they can exploit minorities while the majority just sits back and does nothing.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePiemakerWhite people turn a blind eye to gang related crime in this country. Now if the thugs were white instead of minorities would this be the case? The government picks minorities because they know they can exploit minorities while the majority just sits back and does nothing.

First off, minorities do the same thing. Do you see Latino's all up in arms over black on black crime? Or blacks protesting the incarceration of a wrongfully accused Chinese man? Of course not.

Second, you just illustrated something that is very disturbing in the way of thinking of CT'ers. You posted The government picks minorities because they know they can exploit minorities. Huh?

As if exploiting someone is the true goal of government. And minorities got picked. Give me a break, there has to be a reason for minorities to be exploited, not just because the government can do it.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
She is, after all, a light skinned black that grew up playing non tradtional black music that required an actual musical instrument and was probably called an Uncle, er, Aunt Thomasina for not keeping it real.
Keys is just feeling guilty and wants to redeem herself.
I know Libs and Repubs are like Bloods and Crips but
White Man did not create this stuff. think about it, it's called Gansta Rap, not Ganster Rap.

Gansta Rap is a Black thang, people that think otherwise are just falling for the "banana in the tailpipe thing".

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
She's actually mixed race, Jamaican, scotish, irish and italian.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join