It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flowers are Losing their ability to smell like flowers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Flowers are Losing their ability to smell like flowers!

www.livescience.com

Spring's bloom may not smell so sweet anymore, as pollutants from power plants and automobiles destroy flowers' aromas, a new study suggests.

The finding could help explain why some pollinators, particularly bees, are declining in certain parts of the world.

Researchers at the University of Virginia created a mathematical model of how the scents of flowers travel with the wind. The scent molecules produced by the flowers readily bond with pollutants such as ozone, which destroys the aromas they produce.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Another scary part of our changing world. I am starting to think it is too late to do anything to save our earth and us.

www.livescience.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The only reason they are losing their smell is simple!! It is man made flowers now. They took the seeds out and making them. The same way they do the vegatables and fruits and everything else!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Scary stuff! I know something serious is going on with our food, when they started the seed vault it was like a giant red flag!
I wonder now if there are any scientists that are working on a way to turn around all the damage already done by GMO's and pollution?!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This is kind of old news. Flowers lost their fragrance a long time ago. Fruit and vegetables stopped tasting good around the same time. Hybridization is the problem. I've had to go organic to get anything that tastes like it's supposed to taste.

Thank God for the small farmers. Without them there wouldn't be anything left of real food - home-grown beef and chicken, veggies, apples. Thank God for the small farmers! Without them we'd really be up the creek without a paddle.

top topics

join