It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain 'would confront Russia and China'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

John McCain 'would confront Russia and China'

www.telegraph.co.uk

In a recent foreign policy speech, Mr McCain advocated removing Russia from the G8 group of major industrialised powers, while this week he announced he would not attend the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics if he were in office because of China's suppression of Tibetan protest.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse. Is it even possible to beat that war drum any harder? I diddnt know they even made war drums that strong any more. From my perspective, while what we are doing in Iraq is NOT war, we would have our hands quite full if China and Russia decided to join the mix with Iran. I honestly dont think we should even be tempting fate with Iran alone, and I am sure both Russia and China are just watching this unfold, knowing that Bush doesnt have a clue what he is doing.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

the imperialist and genocidal american leadership has lost its head and is running into the abyss of economic recession ...

man, USA=fourth reich

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Reading the article, he is critical of Russia for employing similar tactics to what the Bush administration is using to consolidate power. Mind you, Putin seems to be a bit more brash about it.

He also is wanting the US to be more up front about calling China out on its human rights violations. I think that one of the reasons that the US is staying hands off on the issue is that we don't want to be called out for similar issues.

I just wish that we could just take a break from world politics for a little while and focus on our own country. Clean house for 4-8 years, get everything up and running in a proper and ethical manner, stop corruption and then focus on the rest of the world. Then we could lead by example instead of being the hypocritical bully that we are now. I know that won't happen though and that our country will collapse from the corruption that has killed us to the very core before we ever take measures to right the ship.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
For some reason, this makes me think that he wants you american voters not to vote for him.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I just wish that we could just take a break from world politics for a little while and focus on our own country.

So do I but the problem is that the policies and politics of China DO effect our economy. And all our dealings with China on a poliical level will effect our economy as well. International trade being what it is and all ....

BTW - the reason Bush is going to the Olympics is because if he doesn't, then China will take offense and slap up upside the head economically. They can do it. They hold our loans and they make our products.

It's all connected. Unfortunately.

top topics

join