It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manufacturing Fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
For five hundred years Capitalism has ridden roughshod across the planet, plundering and enslaving entire continents, exterminating entire cultures and peoples’,all in the pursuit of power, domination & ultimatley profit.

It has done this until the 20th century with virtual impunity by use of overwhelming military power and control of international trade, itself protected by overwhelming military force.

But following the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991, capitalist corporations (the real world goverments) were stripped of their justification for continuing the pillage of the planet. They needed a new enemy behind which to could continue their operations, thus under the guise of fighting the ‘war on terror’, new wars of conquest, new wars of acquisition were undertaken. However, these wars had to be conducted largely without the support of the domestic populations.

As was portrayed in the BBC documentary 'The Power Of Nightmares', a new climate of fear had to be engineered to justify imperialist wars of conquest. Above all what was really needed were actual deeds with corpses and culprits.The creation of crises, the creation of an enemy:

History is littered with lies invented to justify wars, including the Tonkin Gulf Incident which led to the war in Vietnam, or the mythical Soviet MiG jets allegedly supplied to the Sandinistas in Nicaragua as well as the non-existent WMDs of Saddam Hussein’s Iraq.

Behind the rhetoric lies the real reason for the creation of the ‘terrorist threat’, the mundane world of economics, for ultimately it all comes down to power & money.

Herman Goering (Hitlers right hand man) said at the Nuremberg trials(Nazi Germany):
“Of course the people don't want war. .......Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater
danger."

George W Bush echoing these words said: "You are either with us or you are with the terrorists"

Henry Kissinger said “I can think of no faster way to unite the American people behind George W. Bush than a terrorist attack..."

Just as Bush openly states "A war without end is required"
Figures of fifty years are bandied about just in case we don’t get the message.

Creating fear, allows the fearmongers/scaremongers the ability to control the people. The public themselves welcome draconian laws, welcome the arrest of their neighbours, the torture of their fellow citizens all in the hope that this will keep them 'safe'.Manufacturing fake terror alerts, manufacturing fear....to keep the people on their toes, the bombs dropping & the rich richer

Fear And Misinformation Archive

The Pentagon opens a new department to make up & plant propaganda and misleading stories in the international media.
news.bbc.co.uk...

US Air marshalls report that they are being forced to continously report innocent passengers as suspicous in order to make the terror threat seem ever present. Every flight has to have a terrorist on it:
www.thedenverchannel.com...

Politics drives decision to raise alert level, not facts
www.prisonplanet.com...

In an effort to justify funding the US Justice Department's major statistics on terrorism cases are highly inaccurate, federal prosecutors routinely count cases involving drug trafficking, marriage fraud and other unrelated crimes as part of anti-terrorism efforts.
www.washingtonpost.com...

Britain accused on terror lab claim, story of find in Afghan cave 'was made up' to justify sending marines
observer.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Macedonian authorities gunned down innocent people as terrorists to win US support
www.guardian.co.uk...

Terror alerts manufactured? FBI agents say White House scripting 'hysterics' for political effect
www.prisonplanet.com...

The politics of fear (or how Tony Blair misled us over the war on terror)
news.independent.co.uk...

George Bush announces a plot to fly a plane into the LA Library Tower was thwarted in 2002 and within minutes news networks in an effort to shock are showing footage of screaming people & the same building being destroyed in the movie Independence Day
www.prisonplanet.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/2285638.stm

Manchester United bomb plot hyped up but ultimatley ends in farce
observer.guardian.co.uk...

The KGB upon the order of Vladamir Putin planted Bombs in Russia, killed their own citizens & blamed the Chechens....an easy way it seems to justify the Russain destruction of Chechneya
www.telegraph.co.uk...;jsessionid=4T2IGWWTJJWUZQFIQMFCFGGAVCBQYIV0?xml=/news/2004/01/13/wrus13.xml
video.google.com...
www.prisonplanet.com...
www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2004/03/13/wruss13.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/03/13/ixnewstop.html

Bombing Las Vegas...Er no
www.trinicenter.com...

The Bush administration periodically puts the USA on high alert for terrorist attacks even though there is no evidence to justify raising the threat level.
www.usatoday.com...

U.S. administration finally admits that it is paying Iraqi reporters to write what it wants. Newspapers, TV & radio all caught falsifying documents & inventing the news, to bolster the US agenda.
www.ft.com...
www.nytimes.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...

The abduction of Private Jessica Lynch & her susiquent rescue from the hands of her Iraqi captors. The media reports of her mistreatment & torture provoked much anger. The story of her heroic rescue by US special forces galvanised support for the war. Both it seems were untrue
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.smh.com.au...
news.bbc.co.uk...

German intelligence claims that the CIA misinformed them about an alleged planned terror attack on Hamburg hospital.
pub.tv2.no...

To justify an attack on Iraq the fake tear jerking story of Kuwati babies thrown out of their incubators & left to die by Iraqi soldiers
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.counterpunch.org...

THE American general who commanded allied air forces during the Iraq war admits that Iraqs army was not agressive but in fact the coalition airforce waged a secret air war against Iraq from the middle of 2002, bombing Iraq for nine months before the invasion began in an effort to provoke Saddam.
www.timesonline.co.uk...
www.timesonline.co.uk...

US terror alert a hoax
www.prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 14-4-2008 by pinrelief]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
President Bush used fake terror attack to scare congress into passing legislation to spy on US citizens
video.google.com...
www.youtube.com... er%20troops%20cop%20police%20security%20military%20operations%20cia

The canary wharf plot...that wasn't
www.prisonplanet.com...

Musharaff travels to the US or a US offical travels to Pakistan.....Quick! someone needs to be arrested, someone, anyone. Hurry up there almost here......
Welcome, Yes sir, we Pakistanis are working hard against the terrorists
www.prisonplanet.com...

The Bush administration issued a spate of terror alerts in recent days to mute criticism that its national security team sat on intelligence warnings in the weeks before the September 11 attacks & let it happen.
www.prisonplanet.com...

Be skeptical ... be very skeptical
www.atimes.com...

Forest Gate raid, a mistake? Ok....but why did the police mislead the public that they never shot anyone but that his own brother shot him
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...

US administration was on Cipro (Anti Anthrax drug) one month before Anthrax attack. How did they know what was going to come, why didn't they tell anybody or try to stop it...before it happened
www.prisonplanet.com...
prisonplanet.com...

US and UK troops used as political pawns to justify war
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.prwatch.org...
www.youtube.com...

keep the people fearful
www.youtube.com...

The Downing street memos
downingstreetmemo.com...

Bush administration 'planted fake news stories on American TV'
news.independent.co.uk...

History Channel reports Anthrax Attacks are an Inside Job
www.youtube.com...

Former Cheif FBI Agent-In-Charge of Los Angeles, Memphis and Dallas Operations (who had 700 agents working under him) says there is no doubt that his organisation was behind the 1933 attack on the World trade centre. The bombing killed 6 people & injuried over 1000. The reason was to have a disaster that would make the public receptive to anti-terrorist legislation which would have the effect of neutering the U.S. Constitution.
www.youtube.com...

Further evidence that the US administration carried out the bombings
www.youtube.com...

The mainstream media tried to water the story down but you can still see what happened. But the accused have no right to see the evidence...how sad!
www.youtube.com...

Fake stories to justify Iraq War

news.bbc.co.uk...
www.channel4.com...
www.propagandamatrix.com...
www.prisonplanet.com...
www.prisonplanet.com...
www.timesonline.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.prisonplanet.com...
www.prisonplanet.com...
www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
First of all welcome to ATS. I'm relatively new but the way you're starting out is with a bang

Some excellent information there you have cobbled together and I thank you for it.

One thing I personally do when considering a news story is keep a few thoughts in the back of my mind. Few of which are:
- The more sensationalized the story the better the authors career can get, better the ratings, better then money etc etc.
- Always two sides to each story.
- US court ruled news can be made up www.netfeed.com...
- Stories can reach through into levels of the government which of course can influence many things, one of them being the news. Some are created by govt

- Much news is there to keep you in fear, as your post has correctly pointed out. I know a few people scared of (for example) terrorism, sharks and getting raped everywhere they walk etc.

It's better to live in knowledge, than to live in fear.

Thanks pinrelief.

edit: starred and flagged.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by GhostR1der]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pinrelief
For five hundred years Capitalism has ridden roughshod across the planet, plundering and enslaving entire continents, exterminating entire cultures and peoples’,all in the pursuit of power, domination & ultimately profit.

As far as "manufacturing fear" is concerned, I think the people who taught you this viewpoint were doing a little of it themselves. Capitalism has always been feared by people who would prefer to have their king or their emperor or their dictator decide things for them, rather than taking responsibility for their own well-being. Capitalism is anathema to the lazy, who want their bread and wine with a minimum of effort, and don't feel a need to improve themselves, their families, or their societies.

But to those with intelligence and ambition, Capitalism has freed many more people than it has enslaved. As for cultures, yes, it may have hastened the fading away of many, but are cultures best and bound to be stagnant? Should American Indians continue to live in teepees? They still can if they want to.

So listen carefully to the charged words of the people who would like to drop a little poison in your ear about Capitalism. See what their agenda is. See how they are the ones manufacturing fear. Because at its heart, Capitalism requires trust that they other guy is dealing with you for his own good, so he's not going to prevent you from doing the best for yourself.

Enlightened self interest proves that fair dealing is much more profitable than slavery or deception.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Fear Is being used to enslave the masses. The sheeple give up liberties believing the governments will protect them from the fabricated enemies. Unrestrained capitalism Is being used by corporations to enslave workers. Global corporations have no problem with child or slave labor and working to eliminate labor unions. Profit over the prior year is required. After 9/11 Bush told America to keep spending and spending.... It is about corporate profit and bailing out banks, robbing pensions, propping up the stock market.
Global Corporations do not care about people. People are disposable.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I suppose i could add a few points on fear, considering i've studied the subject in both personal and in abstract terms.

The first question we need to ask is what is the cause of fear?

Now, it might be exciting and fun to go overboard and start saying that the CIA and other nefarious evildoers are manufacturing fear for the purposes of keeping the meek where they want them, instead of inheriting the earth, but that is not the primary method of spreading fear.

The primary method of spreading fear is synonymous with every single aspect of your life - After all, If you have something, then that something can be taken away.

Hench the "i've got nothing to lose" mentality you sometimes see with members on internet forums.

But how would this be manufactured?

Simple; Money is the indirect tool of the Elite, to cause fear.

If you want to make people more afraid of what the future holds, all you need to do is slap a few taxes on them - after all, the government wouldn't dream of just taxing the masses unnessecarily, right?

Naturally, if you don't pay your taxes, you stand to lose everything - from your property to your family (if your relationship isn't very well structured - i.e; based on materialism).

Fear is not something that comes directly from the source, Fear is something that is in all of us, from the smallest child to the most sage and wise Hermit (After all, even once one has distanced himself so far from society that he no longer cares about what society is doing, One could still care about whether or not Society is going to go down the drain - which would be Fear).

If it were not for our deeply materialistic and financially driven way of life, I somewhat doubt that fear would be such a potent weapon at keeping people down in the gutter.

Of course, it is because of that fear that we hesitate to address this problem - By committing to change, there is a risk that you might lose something (Not something i've ever been particularly worried about, considering the nature of Chaos).

You can spend your time harking on about how the Government is making us afraid, but in my honest opinion, they cannot compete with how Afraid we can make ourselves.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm not scared

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
FEAR. Stands for "False Evidence Appearing Real", or even better, "F*ck Everything and Run".

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Gosh you guys! Get off of this republican vs. democat crap.
It's not about right or left, they are both two sides of the same coin.
Capitalism didn't inslave anyone, people did.
Capitalism is a financial thing, it's free trade, it's saying "Hey, I can make as much money as I want to!", it's not about concurring other countries and crap like that. People who follow evil did those things, not capitalism.
All your doing by labeling some political side as being the culprit, is adding to the disinfo.

There is no right, there is no left.

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

There is no right, there is no left.

Sure there is. If you start on a circle and go either way, you end up at the same point. There is a left and a right, they're just directions to the same place.

As to this subject, of course the powers that be are instigating fear! That's what the War on Terror is all about, fear of an attack. That's what Global Warming is, fear of planetary destruction. The War on Drugs is about fear of our children being harmed. The Health Care Crisis is fear of disease/death.

Why are religions under attack? Check them out... the religions attacked by the MSM are usually those who allow individual thought and preach against fear. The ones who receive a free pass are the ones who instill fear.

Look at my handle. The only group in the world who can claim no protection against bigoted comments. Why? Because I DO NOT FEAR.

Well, maybe I do fear one thing... myself. But that's another story...

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

join