It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aristarchus Crater Galileo Image (lights on?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
astrogeology.usgs.gov...

astrogeology.usgs.gov...

these are from Galileo

and these from the The Living Moon

note the square shape in both photos around Aristarchus in the 2nd and 4th images posted

the date these photos were taken the Galileo ones sometime after 1989 and the ones from the living moon 2006 or 2007 if someone could help me with the dates of both photos that would be great, but they are at least 15 years apart

what you are looking at is the Aristarchus crater on the moon

"The region of the Aristarchus plateau has been the site of many reported transient lunar phenomena. Such events include temporary obscurations and colorations of the surface, and catalogues of these show that more than one-third of the most reliable spottings come from this locale.[5] In 1971 when Apollo 15 passed 110 kilometers above the Aristarchus plateau, a significant rise in alpha particles was detected. These particles are believed to be caused by the decay of radon-222, a radioactive gas with a half-life of only 3.8 days. The Lunar Prospector mission later confirmed Radon-222 emissions from this crater.[6] These observations could be explained by either the slow and visually imperceptible diffusion of gas to the surface, or by discrete explosive events."

^^This is said about the "lights"

[edit on 14-4-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Why is this in Skunk Works with only the OP?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
Why is this in Skunk Works with only the OP?

i don't see a problem? where else would it go?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
AMAZING!

What am I looking at exactly?

Good find!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
AMAZING!

What am I looking at exactly?

Good find!

updated the first post, sorry about that

video from nasa i was asked for username and password?

Enter username and password for "SVS Development Web Site" at svsdev.gsfc.nasa.gov...

is what it says

another video from nasa that asks for a password and username

and another

these are NASA videos of the Aristarchus crater, but to see more than a few seconds of them you need a username and password

in the 2nd video i posted there is some highlighted sections, highlighted by nasa...in their own videos...they are square shaped, i can't get a screen cap though photos keep going black when the video does

i was able to record it while it was still and upload to youtube though

Uploaded (processing, please wait)

there we go

[edit on 14-4-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

join