It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
1. “That’s George Washington, the first president, of course. The interesting thing about him is that I read three — three or four books about him last year. Isn’t that interesting?” — During an interview with German newspaper reporter Kai Diekmann in the Oval Office, May 5, 2006
2. “I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake.” — On his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, May 7, 2006
3. “You know, when I campaigned here in 2000, I said, I want to be a war President. No President wants to be a war President, but I am one.” — Des Moines, Iowa, Oct. 26, 2006
4. “The only way we can win is to leave before the job is done.” –Regarding Iraq, ,Greeley, Colo., Nov. 4, 2006
5. “This morning my administration released the budget numbers for fiscal 2006. These budget numbers are not just estimates; these are the actual results for the fiscal year that ended February the 30th.” –On the fiscal year that ended on Sept. 30, Washington, D.C., Oct. 11, 2006
6. “I think, tide turning– see, as I remember, I was raised in
the desert, but tides kind of — it’s easy to see a tide turn. Did I say those words?” — Responding to whether the tide was turning in Iraq, Washington, D.C., June 14, 2006
7. “That’s called, A Charge To Keep, based upon a religious hymn. The hymn talks about serving God. The president’s job is never to promote a religion.” — During an interview with German newspaper reporter Kai Diekmann in the Oval Office, May 5, 2006
8. “People don’t need to worry about security. This deal wouldn’t go forward if we were concerned about the security for the United States of America.” — On handing over U.S. port security to a United Arab Emerates company, Washington, D.C., Feb. 23, 2006
9. “You never know what your history is going to be like until long after you’re gone.” — Washington, D.C., May 5, 2006
10.”I’ve reminded the prime minister– the American people, Mr. Prime Minister, over the past months that it was not always a given that the United States and America would have a close relationship.” Washington, D.C., June 29, 2006
Dishonorable mention: A few runner ups for the Best (and worst) Bush quotes of 2006
“Anybody who is in a position to serve this country ought to understand the consequences of words.”– Interview with Rush Limbaugh, Nov. 1, 2006
“You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror.” –George W. Bush, interview with CBS News’ Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006
“The point now is how do we work together to achieve important goals. And one such goal is a democracy in Germany.” -George W. Bush, D.C., May 5, 2006
“I’m the decider, and I decide what is best. And what’s best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the Secretary of Defense.” -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C. April 18, 2006
“People don’t need to worry about security. This deal wouldn’t go forward if we were concerned about the security for the United States of America.” -George W. Bush, on the deal to hand over U.S. port security to a company operated by the United Arab Emirates, Washington, D.C., Feb. 23, 2006
“He was a state sponsor of terror. In other words, the government had declared, you are a state sponsor of terror.” -George W. Bu sh, on Saddam Hussein, Manhattan, Kan., Jan. 23, 2006
Secondly, the questionnaire that she filled out is an important questionnaire, and obviously they will address the questions that the senators have in the questionnaire -- or as a result of the answers to the questions in the questionnaire.