It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Green and Amber flashing lights in the sky

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Venus tends to flicker when its low on the horizon
These lights your seeing are most probably venus
I have seen these tonight and was intrigued so I did a little research
I personally think its venus

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rm346

I'm looking at one of these right now in Tennessee...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rm346

I believe they are stars with the color u mentioned, the moving is just the clouds that come in front that gives it that moving effect.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have just recently seen a few blinking red and green lights in the sky with a loud thundering noise like a plane but due to its manoeuvres it cant have been one flew in a complete circle the other flew around for a while then hovered for about 10 minutes then disappeared this is not the fist time I have seen this can anyone tell me what this could be?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Me and my cousin have noticed that recently at 00:01 flashes of purple starting apearing but like very mild lighting, it was like every 5-6mins and is very wierd, then starting going different colours like: yellow,orange, white.etc. (plus now is going red as im writing this!) we were able to catch on media and will try and post the video on! plus seeing very wierd like star/chinse laturn (thingy!) floating around but not like a star though! then my cousin saw one of these things bounce off a building!
me and my cousin got really worried! we can not hear any thunder at all but are just wondering what it could be! friedns just found a website called "storm tracking UK" which tracks the lighting

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
We saw a light flashing last night in central Texas sky near Lake Buchanan...me and sis were sitting out on her deck. I wanted to watch the skies as I am the one who is into looking for weird stuff in the night skies. My sis not so much, but she sat out with me. We leaned back and began watching.
She finally said that she kept seeing a flashing light, not consistently flashing, but it flashed like every few minutes.
Sis guided me where to look above the last star on the Big Dipper handle. It was very strange. Not a twinkling star as we saw plenty of those last night. It moved a bit sideways the whole time we watched which was around an hour.
It was exciting to watch it...it did flash a light out every so often...not hugely bright but enough to take notice. And again...we saw twinkling stars pulsating lights..this was not that kind of light.
We are going to look again tonight to see if we see it.
Also, we saw a couple of moving across the sky objects high up...might have been the ISS or satellites; also saw a few meteorites.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Ok now i am pretty shocked at how many people have seen this. I know this thread is old but i hope people still view it. Last friday night the 3/6/11 me and my flat mates saw the star flashing red green blue and white moving very slowly. after watching it for 10 mins i got my video camera and got some very good footage off it i just posted it up on you tube it is a 16min video 2 parts the 1st part is abit shaky because i didnt have a tripod but the second part we sat the camera on a bin on som cardboard and as i zoomed in and the camera auto focus we can see the shape of the object and the pattern the object is flashing. and the weird thing is it looks like a similar shape of the drawing that was posted up.
Here are the links the best part is part 2 i put the whole video in because i wanted to show people it wasnt a hoax.

Part 1. www.youtube.com...

Part 2. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by eluder

the videos look a lot like those
produced by Dorothy Izot which
many claim that the shaking
of the camera makes these squiggly
lines.

Congratulations, I think you
captured Venus.

Here is my pics of me capturing Venus

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/870e50535848.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 6/9/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
reply to post by eluder

the videos look a lot like those
produced by Dorothy Izot which
many claim that the shaking
of the camera makes these squiggly
lines.

Congratulations, I think you
captured Venus.

Here is my pics of me capturing Venus

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/870e50535848.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 6/9/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

Well done hope you are proud about your shot of venus. Here is a snapshot of "venus" from my video... Its funny i didnt know venus could flash green red blue white flash in diffrent patterns and move in different directions.

As i said in the description that i did not have a tripod and that on the second part of the video we were able to put the camera on a bin and stop the shaking so before you jump to conclusions please watch all of part 2 of the video
edit on 9-6-2011 by eluder because: adding a picture

edit on 9-6-2011 by eluder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
lastnite i also seen it around 12 or 1am just a small light flashing red then green repeatedly i thought it was weird i went back out around 3am it was gone
i also have been seeing green stringy lights fall from sky any idea wat that could be?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
lastnite i also seen it around 12 or 1am just a small light flashing red then green repeatedly i thought it was weird i went back out around 3am it was gone
i also have been seeing green stringy lights fall from sky any idea wat that could be? btw im in alabama

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
To be perfectly honest I've seen these for almost 6 years now. I was 15 when I first noticed them and now I'm 21.

When I was 15 my mom had just bought me a New Telescope to better view the moon with because she knows I enjoy studying it. I decided to test it out. While we were playing around with it noticed one of these particular blinking lights. It kept going from red, to blue, to green, and then to that amberish-white. We stared at it for over 45 minutes and it DID NOT move. We even had our neighbors take a look at it. Not even an hour after we witnessed this thing, and after a few ufo jokes, all the power on our block went out. Which I'm not above saying could have been a coincidence.

Ever since then watch the skies at night. Over the years it seems to have multiplied. From my vision I can see 3 very distinct ones and about three more rather subtle ones. The first three I can see with normal vision now, no binoculars or telescopes needed. I still have no idea what they are but their movement seems a bit random. Sometimes they will move with the movement of the sky, other times they stay stagnant for rather long periods of time.

Someone in one of the earlier posts mentions seeing three distinct ones as well, one in one direction and two stacked on top of each other. This is how I see the three bright ones.

I live on the East Coast, right on the beach in fact. At the very end of the pier the horizon is so dark that it is very easy to see the night sky and it's astronomical layout. When I first viewed the original "twinkler" (As it may apparently be called), I was much further inland. To be specific, the Piedmont in NC. I now live in Kure Beach. NC.

To this day, I still have no idea what they are but I sure as heck keep an eye on them.

*On a side note, my mom did a little research after the initial sighting and her conclusion was that it was Saturn. And the rings moving give it the twinkling effect. However I never really believed that. And now that there are multiples in the sky at the same time I feel pretty certain that that is not the case.

Just thought I'd share my own story with everyone else's. I wish I could get pictures of them but as of right now I am camera-less thanks to a House Burglary. If I get one soon, I will post up the best pics that I can capture.

EDIT: I should also note that my mother's latest theory is that they are galaxies. I could see this as plausible but not a for sure explanation.
edit on 17-5-2012 by kuroivega because: Theory offered by someone else and Site rules state that you cannot post one-liners

edit on 17-5-2012 by kuroivega because: Fixed a Typo.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have been watching these things for over a week and they are very strange. Along with that though, on one night I saw a gray orb, no lights. at first I thought balloon, until it took off faster than any plane I ever saw. Not long after 3 orbs came over ,zigzagged across each others path and took off!! My son almost lost it, he was freaking out so much. Last night my youngest was on the phone outside, he hasn't taken as much interest in all these sightings as me and the other son. But he was alone, and saw something shoot across, he said it was not a shooting star, hes seen many of those, it was not an airplane, as airplanes don't go that fast. It been really weird in the sky at night. I live in North Central Arkansas. As far as the blinking lights I can see them with the naked eye, I can see them a little better with binoculars. I can say there's a lot of them. And they are in a different location somewhat each night. If there was a giant telescope near me I would sure be there looking!!
edit on 18-5-2012 by ozarkbees because: spelling

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ozarkbees

It was around late May of 2012 when my sister awoke my freind and me at the house around 4 o'clock Eastern Time. It was quite late, but very strange. We were watching as it seamed a uniformed group of red lights moving across the Sky from the West towards the east. They reache about half way toward our view of the east when the one by one dissappeared. Then about 15 minutes later there was another group. We were freaked, and almost forgotten about this experience do to our lack of UFO knowledge. We are still freaked, but freaked because the truth just might be that we are not the only living bipedials well human like creatures that exist. The Christians called these Evil Constellations, because well we all know most Christians are STUPID. What are these things in the sky?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I can see that same dot of light in the sky right now. It's weird cause I've never noticed it before and I look out the window every night when I close my curtains. It flashes red, green and amber in that order (as everyone else has said). The position of the object is just west of the 'plough' constellation, about 30 degrees above the horizon. It's very bright and it definitely darts very quickly in random patterns but in the same very small area of the sky and then it's stationary for a few minutes and starts darting again in the same small area. This is why I'd hope to believe it was the theory that it's a star low on the horizon so it's light is getting obscured by the atmosphere, otherwise I'm gunna be freaking out tonight!

I'm in County Durham, England by the way and I first noticed it at 1am, it's half an hour later and it was there 5 minutes ago, but now I can't see it. I can still see other stars in the sky but maybe it's clouded over nearer the horizon.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eluder

That's an amazing video! It doesn't look like a star at all! This has completely freaked me out cause I've just noticed the same thing out my window. It actually looks like a set of lights on an object that are flashing rather than just a star flashing. It is weird how it moves side to side...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I live in Texas,we have seen red,blue,amber lights going around a craft or something,there are several of these things but are always in a different place's the next night,we are perplexed,can anyone tell me what these are?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Ive been watching these objects for the past few months as well. I watch them every night, sometimes for hours at a time. Im from Missouri, and where I live I see 3 different ones each in their own consistent resting place each night. They linger in the sky, occasionally they appear to slightly move, weather it be intentionally or an effortless drift. They consistently shine a white light, and spontaneously flash vivid colors of red, blue, green. From the objects ive been scrutinizing over the past months. there's no logical explanation for this to be caused by dust, air, nor any other form of turbulence in our atmosphere. And for something so mysterious to be seen by so many people around the universe, and for so many years, describing it as a simple "optical illusion" seems highly unlikely. Im not saying they are UFO's, but i do know is they are certainly not stars, not the 1st brightest, 2nd brightest, 3rd brightest, you could lis them off until you have name named every star known to man, and it still wouldn't change the fact that these are not stars. The biggest/brightest one I observe is always lingering way up high, it appears as if its right in the middles of the entire universe. The other 2 are less bright, and located on each side of the first. Early this morning, i observed a little earlier into the morning than I usually do. At about 5:50am, just moments before the sky began to slowly reclaim its light, the bigger/brighter object of the 3, without any indication, swiftly took motion.. It was so unusual and strange. It glided away, so swiftly. with such a sudden speed, but yet moved so gently, so smoothly, without the slightest sound. It was definitely something that was exciting to experience.
This world is so complex. There's so many things that are yet to be discovered. Sometimes you need to open your mind a little, give yourself room consider possibilities. So many people these days would rather ignore all that and stick to the black and white that they raf out of a textbook. If you limit yourself, abs your ability to see outside the box, you'll never fully experience life, so live a little abs imagine all the things these objects "could be"
Have a beautiful day

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jennp212

So happy to read your post,still not knowing is causing me to wonder and although some would love to say it is our government I really don't think so,I saw something the other night that has me a little scared,call me crazy but I took a flash light and blinked at this object in threes several times,as I was standing there a orange colored orb small shaped like a tadpole came flying in front of me very very fast,if only I had a camera at the time!Now what was that?It is all beginning to be a little crazy!😱

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join