It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Green and Amber flashing lights in the sky

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This thread and the videos in it are exactly what I have been seeing around my house (along with other strange lights) for a couple of years now. Videos here look like mine and it's a comfort to know others are seeing this as well. What are these things? Years ago star gazing these things were simply not around. I live near a military base in Ontario Canada but I've noticed these objects in other parts of the world as well. In this area they can also be observed landing and moving erratically. I just wonder if there is anyone out there who has some idea what they might be. Come on people these are not stars or planets. All these people all across the country and all these different videos are not fake (maybe some) but not all. Is there anyone out there who knows what they are? Is there a reasonable explanation?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
YES!!! I was hoping this would be brought up again, as the past week i have been star gazing and for hours each night and have seen these "flashing" stars(and more, we'll get to that).When i look through my video camera zoomed all the way, they do alternate colors, and they seem to spin. I live in Central Indiana and they are straight up, NorthEast, and Northwest - You'd think if they were stars they would be in the relative same parts of sky most nights, but thats not the case.

When i first started seeing these stars i captured on video a very big, bright, orb object flying over. It was the same night as the ISS went over, but as you can see in the video, its under the cloud cover and about an hour too late for where the ISS would be. now i am seeing these UFO orb objects all the time, even twice during daylight(sorry camera wasnt with me at time). 2 nights ago i saw one of the orbs fly just above the "flashing" star to the Northeast and disappear, almost as if it went inside. i've even called people standing outside not looking to look and they saw the "orbs" in movement.

I just posted this video in another thread-Im not trying to get more views, just trying to show you all on this thread what im seeing. I also havent been able to upload any new videos due to me selling my Pinnacle Studio hardware on Ebay, darn recession.....

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
*double post! sorry

[edit on 27-5-2009 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This is a great video and there are lots on here these things are out there everywhere...they can be seen if you just watch they sky on a clear light they are not planes seen from certain angles ( I've seen planes fly right past them) they are not planets they flash different colours and move quickly at times, other times they are still. Sometimes there are other lights around them or in the sky nearby and they do land. Military or otherworldy they are something and there are suddenly many of them all around, why more people aren't noticing I cannot explain...just because they can't be bothered to look, or maybe in large cities they are just harder to pick out with city lights interfearing...who knows.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'm in KY and I spend most of my nights outside staring at stars, there are no city lights to block out the view, but however tonight while I was gazing I came upon a rapid flashing object in the lower horizon of the north eastern sky. I thought maybe an airplane at first till I looked at it through a telescope I never seen a plane flash so rapidly in four different colors, red, green, amber, and white. I been keeping an eye on it all night and it has not changed its position in the least and its been many hours now.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I have seen the same thing in KY, USA, the reason you don't see stars towards the horizon is because the milky way our galaxy runs in a straight line across the sky so not many stars are visible above or below this line. The flashing lights I have seen were not inside of the cluster of stars either.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheVault40

yeah theyre called traffic control lights

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

www.youtube.com...
check out this traffic control light. it is garenteed to make you stop dead in your tracks.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I see the same lights here in Europe. I just took some pictures (posted in my own thread ) I've seen one since I was young, and now there are up to six of them (usually three, one north-west, two north-east)

Whe visiting a friends house in the city-outskirts, I got to see one of the north-eastern lights from the other side. This thing is actually hovering over the 23rd district all night long!! (light-pollution makes it less visible from my place) And yesterday I was walking in the city-center, and noticed another one above.

Kind of reminds me of the movie 'Signs' wtғ?!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Carlthulhu

www.youtube.com...
best ever pics of ufos, watch and pause to check out their hardware scarey.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I've read repeated comments on this subject and am vexed as to what it is and why there is no definitive answer. About two years ago I saw something identical directly above. This, as previously and repeatedly reported in the west by southwest sky.I live in Rome, Ga. I am a real person. This is a real,... whatever, and I will find out what it is.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rm346

Hi, recently new here.......um just sitting out side to look at the stars and all of a sudden my dad goes look at that. We look up and see a shimmering light flashing many many colors. We take out binoculars and telescopes and see that we were correct about it flashing red, blue, green, and white colors. We didnt know what it was and we haven't seen anything like it. I went inside for a little bit and came back out ten minutes later to find it moved about 3 inches from my perspective. What also intrigues me is that what you have mentioned here is that we are experiencing mild rainfalls, coldfronts, and storms to go along with it. I am also located to the Southeast in Northwest Florida. Anything you would like to ask im still watching it now......message back if you like!!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hello everybody.

I've been seeing the same thing for three weeks straight every morning now (I wake up at 5:00), in the south. I live in southwest Florida, and the HST satellite was supposed to be over this area this morning (but now it is above Australia) - though this is the first time I checked satellite positioning over these three weeks.

Does anybody think it might be a satellite? I haven't been seeing 2-8 of these, only one single 'star'.

I would take a picture, but it's flashing red, green, yellow and white, and I can't capture the blinking. It would just look like an ordinary star.

It also seems to be blinking brighter lately. When I first saw it, it was very, very faint blinking, light green, almost no visible red, yellow…and tonight I was shocked when I saw the neon colors, and also the larger diameter of the blinks themselves. I haven't actually noticed any movement of the 'star' as you guys say…but there have been more and more Yahoo! Answers questions about the subject, and threads, etc.

I really do hope it's not a satellite, and I'll be watching for movement and more of these objects.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I was searching the Internet and was looking for answers and came across this thread and had to sign up to post what I am seeing. Firstly I live in southeastern Florida and I have just begun to witness these "lights" the past 2 nights although my mom who brought them to my attention has seen them for a few months. From what I am seeing these lights are blinking and to my eyes appear to be red white and blue. The point I have to make is that what we are seeing isnt just 1 light. Like I said we live in southeast Florida and our house faces to the north. Starting at around 7 O'clock PM EST we can see a flashing light that is just above our sightline to the north. As descried it flashes red white and blue. It will be just above a roof and smaller trees that are just across the street from us and this paticular light will appear to gradually get higher. Tonight we started watching this light and within an hour or so this light that was just in our sightline over the roof moved what appeared to be higher up. Then as that one had moved to its "posistion" and remained stationary in the sky then a "second" light appeared tonight to the right or east of the "first" light. While we were observing the "first" light I would look over to the area of the "second" light because the night before I knew that this "second" light was in this posistion I was looking the night before and wanted to see it appear. Finlly after looking at the "first" light for an hour or so I looked over at about 830 PM and it was there. This "second"light also starts lower and over time moves up and flashes the same colors. Now I haven't woken up this early to test yet. But my mom has said if you come outside at 4 or 5 am those 2 lights will be in the same spot still flashing. So for now I see the light to my north appear and move higher over about an hour period where it seems to stop and stay still then a second light appears about 830 pm and will also move up to where it will remian the rest of the night. As far as how far these things are moving the only thing i can say is if you put your hands a couple feet in front of your face and put two fingers about 6 inches apart from each other and that is about how far these lights appear to move up. Also have to say that there also appear to be a couple more lights to the west of these 2 and they also seem to flash the same way but they are so much further away and are very small where these 2 lights seem to be on 20 miles away.

so for me 4 lights I can See

Light "1" appears to our north about 7 pm gradually moves up and remians stationary.

Light "2" appears at about 830PM and gradually moves up to where it will remian for the night.

Light "3" To the west of light one and seems to be far away so is much smaller but seems to flash same way

Light "4" west of light 3 and is smaller than light 3 possibly further away but can just barely see it flashing.

will observe more and keep you posted.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Hey there everyone. I live in Ontario, Canada and have been observing theses "lights" since February 2009 when my girlfriend pointed out to me while we were watching tv. In my apartment we have a clear view to the East and we saw exactly what has been described here. We have seen them multiple times and at different times in different places i nthe sky. I have also seen them in differnet locations in the samw city and in a smalelr town.

Finally tonight I was able to spot one close enough to catch on camera. Typically they are way too far away. Here are the videos that I was able to take:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I know the quality sucks but this is way better that other vid i have tried to take. If any one with a telescope can get a better shot omg that would be wicked! I don't have a telescope but look with my palin eyes and sometimes thru a pair of binoculars. The seem to stay generally in the same postition but the earth seems to rotate occasionally they move away to the east but more offten they "rise" east to west liek the stars and the sun. HOWEVER they flash and blink red, amber and green and seem to spin.

No idea what the hell it is .. but i do want to know !

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bseven

I also live in Wisconsin and we too have been seeing these "stars" that flash red, green and white lights for the last 5 or 6 months. Every night there are at least two of them and we once counted twelve in one sighting. They are usually spread out across the sky and do appear to occasionally move very, very slowly. They look to be about the same height up as an airplane. They are NOT stars! I've been something of an amateur astronomer for over 20 years and I have never, until this year, seen these lights before. I also question why no one else seems to be noticing this??

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I live in the UK. I used to be sceptical about "E.T's" per-se but am definitely not anymore.

About 3 months ago I was cooking at a BBQ at my dads house, as my dad walked into the house he looked up and pointed at 4 red/amber glowing "stars". Everybody looked and walked into the house with my him as it was getting cold. I was in awe!! So i stopped and looked for about 10 minutes one by one the lights would move far left of the others and all of a sudden they would get dimmer and dimmer.
I noticed it wasn't dimness, but they were going upwards sort of, then would they disappear, as would the others one by one. I have been looking for some explanation and some theories and many people have seen these lights. Are they readying us for 2012 ?(This is just my point of view) or is this coincidence, this is one of few extraordinary things to of happened to me in my life.
(Meaning extraordinary is that that can not be explained by me or somebody else i know)

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Hmm thats not a bad vid actually, the object is bellow the cloud level, its not flashing with no real navigation lights to give it away as a plane, its pretty bright. my only problem is you mention you've got film/studio hardware... along with the name ziggyproductions. At least you mentioned/indicated that openly.

Its interesting this threads popped back up to the first page again since the last few nights ive seen a couple of things not a little unsimilar to the flashing stars people in here have seen.

Apart from 2 magnificent blue-green meteors leaving nice trails the last two nights ive also seen some interesting stuff (which may or may not be natural).

The first one was 3 nights back, completely clear sky, no moon, it was at first appearance a satellite, first noticed it as a small flash out the corner of my eye, and thought hey an iridium flare, so i continued to watch it. I followed it with my eye it was fairly dim and quickly faded out after a second, a second latter it flashed again and i though hey its still there!, not a steady build up like an iridium but an instant flash.

So I started following it again, for about 2 minutes from the time I first saw it, it would periodically flash, with the 'satellite' point occasionally fading out completely then fading back in over the span of a second or three. The flashs ranged from typical weak star sized (but larger than the actual point of light I was visually tracking) to very bright 'Oh thats impressive' types in all id say it flashed around 8 maybe 9 times. Around the 15 second mark I ran in side and grabbed my binoculars which took about 10 seconds since I knew I was watching something I hadnt seen before, it also helped me to track it since it was easier to see.

The thing I found most interesting was that the object was moving in a northerly direction, but in the last 8 or so seconds of tracking it with the binoculars it flashed, dimmed out then reappeared but heading in a direction about 30 degrees further to the east than it should have, i was anticipating its course using the visible stars based on it previous heading, so seeing it suddenly not appear where it should have and traveling basically down, rather than to the lower right made me scratch my head. It faded out over about 4 seconds and that was the last i saw of it.

The next night I saw two 'satellites' traveling parallel, one slightly behind the other, about a centimeter and a half apart at arms length, traveling in a north easterly direction, while not as good as the L shaped cluster of 4 I saw a few years back it was nice to see something like that again. Then it brings me to last night.

Fully clear night sky, very minor light pollution in my area, no moon again. Given the decent activity the last few nights I made sure to start watching last night, saw a few nice shooting stars but nothing interesting until I started tracking a south easterly traveling satellite that was at about 35-45 degrees off the horizon it was dim and only visible for about 10 seconds about halfway through watching the satellite I saw what i thought was a point meteor about a centimeter or less flash behind it. Thought nothing of it, until 10 or more seconds latter i saw another point meteor flash in roughly the same location. No activity for about 30 seconds then another point meteor flash but about 20 degrees to the left of the first 2, at about 50 degrees from the horizon... thought to my self hmm busy night, then another flash, this time slightly lower than the last, not as bright... 2 seconds latter another slightly lower again, then another... and another... each flash varied from decent to at least venus bright, the gaps between flashs varied from about half a second to 6 or so seconds and the distances between the flashs varied from a few millimeters to a good centimeter or more.

In all there was about 12 flashs, and they followed an almost vertical down path and covered a good 30 degrees distance in the vertical, with a slight angle to the right. During this there where a few more point flashs in the old location I initial saw the first one near the satellite. Now while they could be point meteors the fact none of them streaked and they covered such a decent segment of sky it was definitely something I hadnt seen before. Given that film of hale bop striking jupiter, it could easily have been a string of meteors, although the earth nor myself wouldnt have moved far enough in the roughly 2 minutes it lasted to spread a trail of rock impacts that wide in my opinion, and a cluster of meteors wouldnt be string out in an orderly line like that.

About 10 minutes after the 'point meteors' i got to see something that im still mulling over. I live close to an air route, and see a good 40 plus planes a day with alot of them being at night and ive learned to recognize a good deal of em. However, last night I saw what I first thought was a plane low in the horizon, typical white flashing navigation light. However it was quite bright and seemed to be on a flight path I hadnt seen other planes take before, so i gave it a gander with the binoculars. At first I thought hmm just a plane, but kept watching, it appeared to have the typical red nav light on it also, but then i noticed that as i watched, the nav light went out and two red lights one above the other flashed in a little to the left, then the bottom light disappeared... then the right red light popped back in and the others disappeared, all the while the white light flashed near the right red nav lights location with a very varying intensity (dim to very bright) and it didnt seem to always appear exactly in the same place, it shifted slightly but that could be a an optical trick. So basically I watched this blinking white light with randomly blinking red lights in a small right angle triangle formation for a good 5 minutes until it moved out of sight... it stayed level with the horizon, unlike the usual planes that take routes that bring them within a few kilometers of my town which makes them angle up as they fly over.

More than likely I saw tumbling space junk, a pair of satellites, an impressive show of clustered point meteors and a plane with a rather interesting set of nav lights... or maybe somethings else. I personally dont know, but im sure as hell gonna be out tonight

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hey looks like there may be some sightings in Ohio! check out this YouTube video that shows and MSNBC interview.

I've been seeing these things for over a year now! But havent got any good footage becasue of my crappy camera.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Devinster]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I caught one of these on video last year, will have to dig out the dv tape tomorrow and upload it here...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join