It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Green and Amber flashing lights in the sky

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Pretty sure what some of you are seeing are airplanes from a distance headed straight toward you. You would be suprised the amount of time an aircraft will stay on a direct heading. In that time the aircraft will move slightly in any which way, left, right, up or down, very slowly. The beacon lights are what cause the flashing color effect. Our eyes (and cameras) cant focus in on the small lights at such a distance so they merge together into one color changing orb. This also explains why so many people have reported seeing the exact same thing.

Having spent a lot of time at and around airports, ive seen a lot of this. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying what everyone has seen has been an airplane but I think that it is a common optical illusion.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I live in nor cal and one has been showing up sporadically for a couple of months now. It changes colors (red, yellow, blue, green, white) very rapidly.

Actually in retrospect when I first saw this "object" I distinctly remember it moving across the sky into its position. Its stayed in that general area ever since.

Seems like I always get an odd feeling when I look at it..

[edit on 8-1-2009 by zetamafia911]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I live in arizona and i have been watcing this star or whatever it is for months now .It flashes every color you can think of and its directly below orions belt and moves with it keeping the same distance away from orion the whole night im not an expert but i have never seen anything like it in the sky and it literaly came out of no where .... weird xD

i love it !!!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I live in arizona and i have been watcing this star or whatever it is for months now .It flashes every color you can think of and its directly below orions belt and moves with it keeping the same distance away from orion the whole night...

That is most likely the star Sirius. Orion's belt points almost directly to it. Check the DIAGRAM and follow the arrow.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I live in arizona and i have been watcing this star or whatever it is for months now .It flashes every color you can think of and its directly below orions belt and moves with it keeping the same distance away from orion the whole night im not an expert but i have never seen anything like it in the sky and it literaly came out of no where .... weird xD

i love it !!!

And you have never seen this before in the sky? How fast does it move, do you suppose?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
OMG i have noticed those exact flashing stars (what ever they are) for the past 3 weeks here in eastern Australia. They are usually in a different position every night and you can clearly see the difference between a star and these flashing objects. A star (or satellite, which a lot of people you show these to seem to think they must be) does not rapidly flash different colours. I have never seen these before so they are most probably a recent phenomena. Also it appears they are located closer to the horizon than stars (if you look directly up in the sky you will see a lot of stars and the further you look down to the horizon the less stars you can see) suggesting they may be in our atmosphere or very close to our planet. Anyone called an observatory to check them out? Maybe they know what they are? Maybe we are all getting excited over nothing and its just a natural phenomena?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Saw two of them on the way home from date night with the hubby last night.

They were very active and seemed to be wanting to be noticed.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
one word... comet. (not star)

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I seen the same object last night 6th Feb 2009 11:30pm
Red...Green...Blue & White. I live in Derbyshire, U.K

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I have been reviewing the posts on this site and I am not any wiser as to what I was looking at. I will descibe what I saw and perhaps someone may have an idea.

I was just west of Collingwood, Ontario on Saturday night. I was watching what I thought was a twinkling start at about 9:15 PM on February 14, 2009. I was looking towards the eastern sky at about a 30 degree angle up. I watched this light for about 15 minutes, thinking that it might be a plane or helicopter. The light didn't appear to move at all. I looked at the light with my binoculars and noticed that there were coloured lights flashing from the object which appeared to have a considerable size to it. The lights flashed alternately top and bottom, left and right. The colours I remember seeing were green, amber, white, red and I'm not sure if I saw blue or not. The lights seemed to flash in a kind of rhythm of alternating colours and locations on the object. I couldn't tell how far the object was away. I mentioned it to a couple of other people I was with at the time and they thought it might be the space station. After quickly researching the space station I noted that it moves across the sky quickly. This object appeared to move at the same rate as the stars. I notice after about 3 hours that it had moved a bit further south, that's if my directions are correct. The reason I say that the object was substantial in size is that the flashing lights appeared to be in different locations as if a square. As I stated I'm not sure how far the object was but appeared to be a good 20-30 miles away, at least that's the impression I got.

Thought it might be a satellite but not sure. Does anybody have any clue?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Sounds very similar to what I saw last night as well as tonight. However, I saw an airplane flying in unsually low as I was driving. Since it was so low i paid close attention and suddenly the plane opened and appeared to drop 2 of these lights out the bottom. My friend and I were shocked so we got out of the car and watch to what happened to these 2 objects. They were very bright, much brighter than the stars and appeared to be closer to the earth. The objects seemed to slowly drift apart but then became stationary. We than relocated to our original point of sight and noticed that they had moved east quite a bit. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what this was. My best guess would be the military preparing for Obama's visit as I live in Ottawa Canada.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
i noticed these same red.green,amber lights a few years ago. everyone that iv'e told thinks im nuts. im in northern minnesota and i can usualy see one to three of these most nights. i have a good pair of bino's [$600.] and its hard to make out the exact shape. it apears to be tall with three rows of lights verticaly, red, green, and amber. they flash very fast with no pattern at all. the bottom is dificult to make out and apears to be at 90 deg. horizontal to the upright, this also has rows of lights that flash randomly. the bottom of these objects seem to be diferent from one night to the next. i think this is because of the varying angles. even on the clearest of nights they are not always there and seem to show up in random spots. i live in the country and have no city lights to deal with. most people ive talked to about this think they are satelite's, if they are i would like to know why they put lights on them, they are amazingly bright. I just want a logical explination no matter how simple it is. these things are not stars and I totaly reject that theory. this is very interesting to read that so many people are seeing the same thing!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I have seen the same thing here in Denmark, last Thursday At 23.30 and it was the amber color, that surprised me.
I thought initially that it was a hellikopter, but I've never seen a hellikopter flash in these colors before, and there was no sound.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
No way that this was a plane or helicopter. The object or lights seemed to stay in one place for a long time. I'm talking hours, not minutes. I could still see the lights and they appeared to be almost the same distance away after 3 to 4 hours. I watched these lights occasionally all night long. An airplane would have been long gone by then and I would not have been able to distinguish that the lights were separate after such a long time period. The object appeared to have moved in a southerly direction. I can't say if it moved slowly over time or not, but I think that was the case.

To better describe the object: Imagine an object with lights on opposing corners that flash different colours example a square object. I can't tell what the shape was. I could tell that each colour came from a different location on the object. I have seen a couple of videos where the same object flashed different colours, this was not the case here. I have continued to research the web and still have not found any answers.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I found this site accidentally while searching for Red Green... lol, and thought I would add a reply. I don't believe we viewed the same thing, from what I have seen in videos and such, but back in around 1994 I viewed an object in the Southern part of the Northern Michigan sky.

I've given an image drawn on the high tech Microsoft Paint, for others to compare. This one was what I consider the most interesting out of all I have seen in my lifetime.
FWIW, this is not the first object I have seen, and they are very frequent in MI. Each object AFAICT was a different shape, however, each one, but three this one time, was completely stationary until they left view.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
What I meant by the "but three this one time", was that back in the late 80s, I viewed what looked to be three bright stars around the moon, all with what appeared to be beams of light light stretching out toward the moon. When I mentioned it to my buds, they couldn't see them. About the time I directed them toward the lights ("Follow my arm to where I am pointing!"), the beams of light vanished and at that point I surmised that one out of the three was behind the moon and the other two were on the Earth's side. After they turned away, the beams of light returned.

In about 1992, I picked up and began reading a book by Time/Life, that belonged to my girlfriend's parents. I think it was Unexplained Mysteries, or Mysteries of the Unexplained... something to that effect anyway. Low and behold, I see a picture of what I saw including some early dates of the first reported sighting... LOL, and my buds nearly convinced me that I was hallucinating.

Summary, those objects never moved. They hovered stationary and with the exception of canceling the beam of light, which has been explained as a possible mining operation, they didn't change/move in any way at all.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Okay, this statment that you made is freaking me out!
This is why...I am in Cibolo,TX which is right out of Sanantonio and the date is March 13,2009. Anyways my Mom and Grandma were sitting outside and they were saying that they had seen some twinkle things in the sky and it is like around 9:10,but as we sat and watched, I got some binoculars(I think thats how you spell it) and all i could see was these YELLOW,RED,AND GREEN LIGHTS!, and the weird thing is that they were spinnging really fast...but there wasn't just one....THERE WAS 4! But following it was this but trail of like smoke and it never changed its shape. Also the figure of the ship or whatever it was,was staying in the same place for about a good 30 minutes.I was so spooked out but as I was looking in the binoculars, out of the ordinary a HUGE flash of light just flashed which just wanted to make me pee myself! (just a statement of my fright) So today is March 14,2009, the day after this sighting. I will see if it does it again.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
starting in January 2009, I began to notice that the stars looked brighter and there was more of them than there usually is. I then started noticing that the brighter stars were moving in a way that I had never seen. It was like they were swimming through the night sky like a jellyfish. Once I saw them moving,I became almost obsessed with watching them. I would lay out and watch them for hours every night. Then I realized that EVERY star is moving! It's just easier to track the brighter ones,but they are all moving the same weird way. I watched continously, trying to find a pattern in the directions they were moving in, but couldn't. I am a big believer in God and try to read some of the bible every day, so when I saw this, it immediately reminded me af Acts 2:19 when God is speaking of the time of judgement and He says"AND I WILL GRANT WONDERS IN THE SKY ABOVE AND SIGNS ON THE EARTH BELOW, BLOOD, AND FIRE, AND VAPOR OF SMOKE"(New American Standard Bible). Also,the book of Enoch (which isn't in the bible,but should be) could explain what's going on as well. Enoch was Noah's great-grandfather. In Genseis 5:21-24 it says this about Enoch:'21Enoch lived sixty-five years, and became the father of Methuselah. 22Then Enoch walked with God three hundred years after he became the father of Methuselah, and he had other sons and daughters. 23So all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years. 24Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.' In his book Enoch says that while he walked with God, he was shown and explained by the angels all the secrets of heaven and sheol (the abyss,hell). I can't go into the whole book of Enoch here, but if you are interested in reading it for yourself you can read it free at www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe. I personally believe that a person needs to read AND UNDERSTAND the book of Enoch before he/she can even begin to grasp how things work and God's plan for us.
We are going to focus on the stars here though. Now according to Enoch, stars come forth to earth through portals in heaven. Each individual star by itself, according to their number and their names, their courses and their positions, and their times and their months. Through each of these small portals pass the stars of heaven and run their course to the west on the path which is shown to them and God has appointed. And he calls on them by their name and they hearken unto Him. Each is weighed in a righteous balance according to their proportions of light. And Enoch asked the angel what this mystery was and the angel told him that the stars are the holy who dwelt upon the earth and believe in the name of the Lord of Spirits for ever and ever. It also says that He appoints a judge for each of them so none will hinder. So, basically they have a little bubble that they have to stay in and follow their appointed paths, but they can move all around in that bubble. Now, knowing that stars are the righteous that have been here on earth and worship the Lord day and night, another verse comes to mind that might make sense of things: Revelation 6:9-11 says: 9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne. 10 They cried out with a loud voice, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” 11 Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow bondsmen and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been. Could it be that the stars moving in the sky is a sign that the souls have awakened and are asking when it will be time? Just a few thoughts to ponder on. Sorry it was so long, but it's hard to speak of a complex subject as this one in only 4000 words. I hope at least someone gains some knowlege from this. Thank you for your time.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
holy!!!! it seems like everyone in the u.s. is seeing this. I saw it too nd im in new york!!! Maybe one day we will hear something in the news paper about this article

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join