It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Green and Amber flashing lights in the sky

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Taken 13th September 2008 at 8:23 PM from the UK, If I understand the topic correctly your talking about the "stars" that all of a sudden decide they want to move. At first I thought "That's a stupidly high plane that doesn't flash" until I saw another that had been still for at least 20 minutes that began to move. I've seen them on most clear nights after a while of looking, same look as a star, usually pulsing blue red which gives them away at first. To my eyes this one was red and white, but my camera seams to think red green.

The photo is of one of these objects, originally I was looking at it sat in a 3 star triangle you know how they appear to group. The bottom "star" proceeded across the whole sky in a straight line. One theory that hits me is that the star is moving in the opposite direction to the majority we see, but it wouldn't appear still in a set to begin...

I've yet to see intelligence from the sky but what I have seen is not planes balloons plasmas swamp gas flying monkeys, nor the classic disk shaped craft, I'd love to meet the indifferent species, obviously rather than psychopathic killer species.

I also now know how hard trying to take a picture of something in the sky is, we need to start filming the sky's if we want an answer.

ps. heads up on the economy, friend used to work at bank, banks earn new business through mortgages, no lending, no new mortgages, no new business, no cash, assets are customers homes, say goodbye to your house if you can't lump sum your mortgage at will. I've heard Friday...as in this week...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I saw the same thing most here are describing in the sw sky about a year and a half ago, even through binoculars I couldn't discern a shape, but then my binocs are not very high powered ones. The object seemed to stay in the same place for a long time, so I know it wasn't an airplane, and I even went out the next night to see if it was still there, It wasn't like a star should have been.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheVault40
Just posted something similar on another thread, but I saw the exact same thing last night. Looked like a star, but something was funny about it. Looked like a star shimmering, but I've never seen one shimmer in three or four different colors. It really caught my attention and I've been thinking about it all day. I ended up getting distracted and when I walked back outside a few minutes later it was, of course, gone which only sparked my curiosity even more. I live in central Alabama and so far this is the strangest thing I've seen, but I also am seeing more posts about other people seeing the same thing. This was completely stationary the entire time I watched for about ten minutes, but I wish I could have seen how it moved. Oh well, maybe it will come back for another visit.

I had one of these a couple of nights ago ove Sutton in London UK, it looked like a star but when I got the binoc's out (their not too powerful) it was shimmering but the colours were very well defined, Red , white, green. It defintaly wasn't an aircraft because I jammed my elbows on the window ledge and the binoc casing against the window to steady it all. it def. wasn't moving even though I live under a main flight path for planes from Gatwick and there's a helo flying from GW to Battersea heliport a lot but it wasn't him either. This thing was way up, it was very bright, I went for a midnight biobreak and saw it just as I was about to get back into bed. it stirred my interest for sure. Didn't get any pics though as my camera battery is dead and I can't find the charger ( its an alien conspiracy to keep me from taking pics
.......)

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Right now my boyfriend and I are going in and out looking at these things in the sky. They are flashing like green, reddish, and white. They look like stars but they definatly arent. There are like 3 spaced pretty far apart and there is a straight vertical line of 3 of them that arent as bright towards the middle of them. We are really curious about them and want to know what they are. We are from PA.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Wow... Okay... Most of my post was deleted I think I used a bad tag or something.

I was basically saying I'm in London, UK and DataWraith was this on Monday/Tuesday this week around the hours of 10pm-1am?

I ask because I saw pretty much the same thing and wondered if it had been a star but, after re-thinking. On 3 seperate occasions in one night I had seen it. Twice between 9:45pm and 11:15pm in the same area of sky (south-facing) and once around 12:50am (East-facing). And each time it looked a little lower than most stars, as though it were more in our atmosphere than out in space.

Also I kind of wanted to say that Ma777's questioning OEOHOO about being a disinformant was a little presumtious... Those video's are not "obvious fakes" at all 0_o

They all seem to correlate one another and my own personal sighting.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by A55A551N]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

Hey...

I've been watching the "dancing stars" for about 2 weeks now. I have video footage and pretty good digital pics I took from a tripod. What is really cool about the pics is you can see Mars quite well. And in each photo the object appears drasticly closer or farther away from mars. With very intricate tracers around the lights. The video footage shows very rapid movement when zoomed in and there is a very distinct blue aura around it. The object when viewed through a high powered telescope shows Three lights (no flashing, no blinking) with huge cosmic dust cloud trailing behind it. Very cool to be witnessing what may be a once in a life time event!

Peace...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
We just saw two of these! We are in central Texas and we saw one in the south sky and one in the west. They looked exactly the same. Looks like a star but flashing or pulsating red, green, white light from far away. We got a telescope a couple of weeks ago, so my husband ran in and got it so we could get a closer look. The strangest thing I have ever seen. Way different than a plane! This thing had a red light that flashed across a line of white lights, very fast! They stayed almost in the same spot for quite some time. And then you could tell it had moved slowly because it would then be behind a tree or something. It eventually had moved farther away and you couldn't see it very well. I decided to look through some binoculars at a plane to see the difference, and prove to myself it was no plane.LOL It wasn't! The plane was moving a lot faster and it has lights but they blink on one side then the other, not like going in a circle really fast. Weird I tell you. It wasn't just me either, my husband, brotherinlaw, and our neighbors all saw it. We were all wondering what we just saw. We thought maybe satellite? Then we looked up satellites and most don't have lights. We will see, and continue to look. Maybe we will get some pics or video next time. If we do we will certainly post.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I too have seen these, however, they have never moved while I was watching them. It almost looks like something that has 3 different colored/lighted sides and is rotating very fast.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Live in central Oklahoma. I have seen a light in the NNW sky flashing red, green, and white between the hours of 2100 to 2300 for the past few nights. The object remains in the same position. I watched it for an extend amount of time to be sure it was not an aircraft. I also looked at it with binoculars and could see the flashing colored lights more clearly, but could not see the shape of the object. At approx. 0200 hours I went back out and the light had drifted to the NNE sky. Last night I went out at about 0230 hours and found the object in the NNE sky. It is not an aircraft.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I only got through the first page but I would just like to add that I saw the same thing over here in Northern California. Same colors and patterns of movement as described by the OP.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I have also seen the above mentioned lights. I Live in Pacifica, CA and was looking at Venus through a pair of Binoculars when I spotted the star-like objects flashing red and green lights. The object was in a vertical formation with 2 other -fainter lights. The obect stayed in the same area, only seeming to be moving farther away and not in any other direction. The time of the sighting was 1130pm. The object was not as bright but still in the same general area 1 hour later. This isn't a plane and the intensity of the colors are alarming. I have read the provided theories, and after seeing these lights and I am not staisfied.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

01/10/08 @ 2215 hours, Central Oklahoma: Red, green, and white flashing light has appeared low in the NE sky tonight. Previously, the light has been in the NNW sky at this time of evening. Appears to be stationary. Will check location in a few hours. This is strange as in the past the light has always been in the NNW sky at this time and not until approx. 0200 to 0230 is it in the NE sky. Have scanned W, NW, an NNW. No such light this evening in that part of the sky.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
We are based in npton in the Uk. We can see a star positioned in the north west sky. It has been in exactly the same position now for a week. It is flashing red and green.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Im seeing at least 2 of them on a regular basis now. Australia.

Red Blue Green Gold pulses.

I think it may be Mars and Mercury and may be Venus.

Look under the moon tonight (if it's clear) about 95-100 degrees below the moon, and at 1st I didn't think much of it, and you can see better with some binocs, but there is definately coloured pulses happeneing from that baby! Clear too.

Also the colors are almost metallic like, and luminus, think of christmas tree tinsel, well that's the best way I can describe it.

The other two stars I see are north east to Mars ( which I originally thought was Mars, but now I'm thinking this may be Mercury and it is dimmer, and this one pulses more Red and Gold. The other one I saw last night was tricky, about 1/2 way between the two I mentioned, and higher up, it was dimmer, but the light show was happening there too.

I'm glad others are seeing these, and it almost comforts me in knowing that these light shows may just be some form of comunication for ALL to see.

Z

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I noticed this star 2 nights ago, and again last night. Really odd to see a star this bright and flashing 3 different colors.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rm346

I have witnessed the same sight in the north eastern part of Illinois.
Two star like objects that appear to have Red, and Green blinking
lights. One stays stationary and the other seems to be able to move.
The two objects seem to be several miles apart. I feel it could be
satellites or early warning devices.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If these things were "real" UFO's, then don't you think that astronomers (people who actually know the night sky), would be going nuts over this?

The internet is a great thing - it enables like-minded people to contact each other, and share observations between each other. I personally receive emails from literally 100's of astronomers, night sky photographers, and observers.

If stars were upping anchor and moving around, generally doing non-starlike things, we would know about it!

Now I'm not saying every single post on this thread is definitely not a UFO, but from the descriptions, most of these "UFOs" sound like ordinary stars doing what they always do, mixed in with people who obviously have little experience watch the night sky. It's understandable that some will mistake normal night-sky phenomena for UFOs.

For those of you who are only seeing the flashing here (the vast majority), please stop thinking that you are seeing UFO's - at least check with astronomical software before you post here. It's not that hard, and perhaps, rather than deluding yourself (and others) you might learn something! Waveguide has already posted a link explaining why stars appear to do this - I suggest you look at it.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rm346

I am having the exact same question because i just noticed the exact same thing here in Utah Valley. There are several, 4 that i've spotted, of those stationary flashing red, green, and amber colored lights in the sky and I was wondering what they were as well. have you received any info on them yet?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join