It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Green and Amber flashing lights in the sky

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OEAOHOO

OEAOHOO,
Are you into disinformation? I looked at the videos from your YouTube links. Obvious fakes, all of them.
The two links to the videos I posted were shot by me. They are orginal and uneditted. Don't get me wrong I'm saying what I recorded are UFOs. I'm sure someone knows what they are, but they are unknown to me.

Orbs? hahahaha OK fine whatever

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Alright now im deeply bothered . OP please tell me you didn't see them in a triangular star formation similar to an isoclies triangle.. ive been seeing that in upstate ny and central for the past few months also a few assorted ones that are just single but flashing clearly green amber and a few other colors. one can barley make it out but its there.. I really thought i was seeing things, then i had my girlfriend check it out .. shes skeptical of things and she clearly saw the changing colors. 1am to 3 am time frame est -5 gmt
joe

[edit on 30-4-2008 by Localjoe3]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I am always on ats reading post but i never really post on threads.. But when i read this thread the hair on back my neck stood up.... Me and i my girl friend have been staring ant these things for the past 2 mounths and there freaking us out, i cant belive other peope are seeing em too.. they are sooo bright red white green very bright trying to blend in as a star but the move very slowly.. I live in upstate ny and last march I saw a freaking unexplained event From my back deck.. It started as one of these freaky bright star looking lights I was Noy paying attention to it much cause I was Playing 2nba 2k 7 online and threw the corner of my eye I noticed the light moving slowly they my glass sliding deck door I notice it was moving cause it was going between my blinds that hang down moveing from beetween one blind to the next , so i droped my joystick and went out on the deck to see what the heck it was and i swear to god on my mom the freaking thing started shooting a bright beam on the ground and started scannning the ground it was very far away but man the beam was so bright sparke were coming off the ground. I was in shock at what i was looking at no sound but very bright and the thing just disapeared over the horizon i was about to call 911 i mean if this thing was shooting the light on you house at night your whole house would of light up in every room real freaky stuff.. Im not saying there light were are seeing now are the same thing i saw last march but they do remind me of it.. I had my camera to but i was ro freaked out to film it plus i have no night shot but all i was thinking was please dont come over here toward my house and it went over the horizon slowly.. never forget it..

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Just great... im not nuts and they are coming... who woulda guessed..

Please dont be a panzy if your in central or upstate ny and see this stuff please comment so we can get a list going possibly topo map with blips
Joe

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I just read through everyones post on the odd flashing "stars" I first saw one the other night (6/8/08) At first I thought it was a shooting star cause it looked like it had a tail, then when I turned to look at other stars I saw another, then another!! Iwas freakin out. My boyfriend kept telling me I was seeing things, but I asked my son to go out and tell me what they saw, and without my saying what I saw, they both told me they saw the same things. They kind of looked like a check mark, some in the far distance were flashing but looked only white in color, we saw 2 others that seemed to be a little closer and moving, and they were flashing in the same colors as described. Blue, red amber white. I thought of UFO's, but then I thought of Iraqu. are they watching us from the sky? Is it the military? There are too many of them to call them stars. pretty scary if you ask me.
I live in New jersey

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

I live in Dixon Illinois. Its now about 330 am on July 4, 2008. Went out on my balcony at about 300 am sat down and saw I guess a flashing star. It was slowly changing from blue to red to green. I got a little well excited and woke up my wife to come and look at this. Just to make me feel better. She also saw the same thing as I did. I tried to view this phenomenon through a pair of binoculars but all they did was prove that this object was infact changing colors. I then started scanning the skys in search of others like it. To my amazement I saw two more off the west of the original. These two were stacked ontop of one another. The lowest of the two seemed to be very far off in the distance, barely visible even with the binocs. The one perched above this one was much brighter and more visible. So if anybody as any thoughts on what these things are please let us all know.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
my ex gf called me the other morning feaking out at what she saw when she got in from work. Like what has been discribed this is what she saw aswell - for round an hour in the same location and then it just dissapeared....what is it we're all looking at?!?!?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i have seen these lights for the past two nights. I couldn't believe it they are visable through binoculars. They scare me ufos

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Here's a video I made of a twinkling star as seen through a large telescope. This image is magnified around 450X and was captured with a CCD camera attached to the scope. You will see that I defocussed the image several times to get the disc-like image seen so many times when people use a camcorder on point light sources like stars. The defocussed images show the color flashing particularly well. Note the central 'hole' in the disc. This is equivalent to the 'STS-75 Tether UFOs' promoted by David Serada. The object itself didn't move about. In all my time looking at stars, I've never seen them shift position, other through the Earth's rotation.

Twinkling

WG3

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rm346
For the last three nights we have noticed objects that look like stars in the sky.

They move, randomly, and then sit in areas for long periods of time. They flash a very distinct pattern of red, green, and amber/white which is visible through a binocular when the object is somewhat closer.

This is in Southeast Florida. There are anywhere between 2 and 8 of these objects at night.

Anyone have any idea what it might be?

Not to be condescending, but I see red green and amber lights every day, hovering above my car....

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I live in SE Wisconsin. Here's what I saw. I was out smoking a cigarette and looking up at the stars. I looked NNW I noticed one that looked like it was flashing red and blue so I decided to go in and get my binoculars. I saw that it was spherical and flashing not only red and blue, but green, purple and orange also. I went back in to get my camcorder. It was very hard to keep in the viewfinder and it kept getting fuzzy when I tried zooming in, but I did manage to get some shots and also I think I got some clearer ones with my camera binoculars. The thing stayed put for a long time and slowly started moving toward the horizon (this was about 10-10:30pm last night). So then about midnight or so I went back out and started looking around the sky again. Sure enough, when I looked NE I saw another bright flashing light. Went back in to get the binoculars and here was another one. Same flashing colors. I stayed out for about an hour and it slowly moved across the sky, not downward like the first one. I am going to examine the video and post what I saw. Also will post the binocular photos once I installe the software to download it. I have to say it was kind of cool and creepy at the same time. But I sure wish I knew what I was looking at.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I live outside of Morgantown, WV and noticed the same thing last Thursday night. It is very clearly flashing red and green, last night my wife and I noticed it in a different part of the sky, however I have not seen it move. Could it be the space station?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Wish someone knew what this light show is we are having at night, rather early morning for us. Im in Mississippi and my boyfriend an i saw the lights aroung 4:30a.m. yesterday morning. Like i read in one of the previous replys it was extremely cool last night here. We got blankets an sat out there an watched it till 5:00a.m. It would sit still for a while the it would slowly move across the sky. The color pattern or speed never changed.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Wish someone knew what this light show is we are having at night, rather early morning for us. Im in Mississippi and my boyfriend an i saw the lights aroung 4:30a.m. yesterday morning. Like i read in one of the previous replys it was extremely cool last night here. We got blankets an sat out there an watched it till 5:00a.m. It would sit still for a while the it would slowly move across the sky. The color pattern or speed never changed.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'm an English guy living on the Mediterranean coast of Turkey and the sky is particularly clear here at night. I see maybe half a dozen of these things exactly as described (red, green amber/white alternating lights) and I'm pretty damn sure that they are man made satellites. They are all stationary i.e. they appear to move with the stars (but it is really the earth that is moving while the stars remain stationary).

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I found this thread because I was searching for more information to explain what I had seen this weekend.

Saturday, September 13 2008. 9:30 pm - 4:00 am

Went camping with my b/f at Harrison Lake, in British Columbia, Canada, and we stayed up all night star gazing. Perfectly clear night. I saw the 'stars' that everyone is talking about, flashing beautiful colors. They were unlike any of the other stars in the sky. I watched them for hours, and compared them in relation to the other stars in the sky. 1 of them actually completely blinked off and disappeared. The others, 3 in total throughout the night seemed to keep the rotation with the other stars, but they did appear randomly (were not there, and then suddenly were there) and stayed the entire night, except for the one that completely disappeared (not due to the rotation because it was in the middle of the sky). 4 other people witnessed this. Unfortunately I did not have a camera to video it, however, whoever shot www.7flagscarwash.com... that is exactly what we saw.

I am back in the city now, and I do not know how well I will be able to see the stars again, however some nights before this I have gone out on a clear night and seen many stars but nothing like what I saw this weekend. I will keep a lookout though in the future because this is extremely intriguing.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I noticed one of these when I was taking my dog for a walk around 9pm a few nights ago. It was very strange.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I think they're iridium flares.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rm346

i am in vancouver canada and over the past five days i have seen two flying objects: one that looks like like a xmas tree, hovering near a remote part of bc for an hour (we were camping) and now tonight - a large red object passing over vancouver core - like a red splotch of colours with no discernible shape moving quickly and is now on the outskirts of vancouver as i type this with a rapidly blinking light - it seems to be attracting other objects that rush toward it and then disappear it. it is the craziest thing.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I am also from Vancouver and have seen strange things in the sky the past weekend. Yesterday I posted anonymously but then decided to sign up for an account so hopefully we see my post here soon.

I've been seeing the blinking 'stars' with crazy intense colors. Have never seen them before. 3 at a time in the sky. Anyways, no use in repeating what I already wrote.

I wish I had seen what the above poster spoke about as I was downtown at around that time but did not look up at the sky.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join