It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Green and Amber flashing lights in the sky

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
For the last three nights we have noticed objects that look like stars in the sky.

They move, randomly, and then sit in areas for long periods of time. They flash a very distinct pattern of red, green, and amber/white which is visible through a binocular when the object is somewhat closer.

This is in Southeast Florida. There are anywhere between 2 and 8 of these objects at night.

Anyone have any idea what it might be?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Just posted something similar on another thread, but I saw the exact same thing last night. Looked like a star, but something was funny about it. Looked like a star shimmering, but I've never seen one shimmer in three or four different colors. It really caught my attention and I've been thinking about it all day. I ended up getting distracted and when I walked back outside a few minutes later it was, of course, gone which only sparked my curiosity even more. I live in central Alabama and so far this is the strangest thing I've seen, but I also am seeing more posts about other people seeing the same thing. This was completely stationary the entire time I watched for about ten minutes, but I wish I could have seen how it moved. Oh well, maybe it will come back for another visit.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
sounds like a traffic light!!!!

sorry, couldn't resist!

did you notice anything else? strange smells, weather? anything?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by realism
sounds like a traffic light!!!!

sorry, couldn't resist!

did you notice anything else? strange smells, weather? anything?

Haha, it was a confusing outerspace traffic light.

No strange smells or weather, per say, although a cold front is moving today. To be honest it's quite frightening, it's been going on for days now.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rm346

i live in central florida and i have seen what your talking about about four months ago.

it was like 4 am when i seen three light objects in the southeast sky and they were not the planet venus.

really spooked me

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rm346

For the last three nights we have noticed objects that look like stars in the sky

Three nights and no pictures?

It might help if you would show some pictures, since nobody here saw what you saw
Its almost impossible for anyone here to tell you what it is, w/out some
At least IMHO

[edit on 13-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
My very first post here at ats was about the same thing.I was just out looking at the stars when I noticed some moving across the sky.They were almost impossible to pick out unless I looked out of the corner of my eyes to find one then tracked it.When I saw one start flashing (pulsing almost) it freaked me out to the point I went back into my house.I'm in Wisconsin btw.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
If it's stationary and still flashing,then it's a star. Big stars,when viewed through certain angles through our athmosphere look like they flash different colours. Some do red and blue,some green and yellow,some a combi of all 4. And I'm sure there's more. But as you say,they're moving about,so they may well not be.

Get out there with a camera!!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Add me to the list. Saw the same thing last night over Texas in a south westerly direction.

I even took a chair outside and sat there watching it in relation to the other stars. This "star like object" was very bright with a predominant "star like" white glow that would randomly seem to cycle through Red, Green, Amber and a violetty blue. The star would also sit very still for quite a while and then begin to jitter "down the sky.

After about an hour, this "Star" moved to a point behind another apartment and thus out of view. The other stars however did not change position in the sky (orbit) significantly enough to be measured but this colourful star slowly but surely covered a significant distance.

It was really subtle.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Why hasn't anyone got pictures/footage of these objects? Surely it'd be easy enough if they're that visible.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I don't get it. How do you guys see the color(s) of something as small as a star, that you have to look from the corner of your eye to better see it? Are these lights much brighter than any star, maybe as big and bright as planets?

Thanks for helping me understand what you're seeing.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
I don't get it. How do you guys see the color(s) of something as small as a star, that you have to look from the corner of your eye to better see it? Are these lights much brighter than any star, maybe as big and bright as planets?

Thanks for helping me understand what you're seeing.

I haven't seen the objects in question but surely you see the different colours of stars? Some are red (mars) some are yellow, some are green and some twinkle all different colours.

It is always easier to see faint objects from the corner of your eye in the dark because of the way the eye works but you see less detail. It all depends how good your meat pies are.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Unless you have super-human vision, the colors of stars should not be visible. If you include planets, not real stars, much bigger/brighter, they sure are. Just wanted to ask how it is possible to see the color of star-like lights.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
about 2 thirds of the way down this page,is a little explanation about stars and why they change colour

www.astro.wisc.edu...

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Rereading the OP, I see rm346 mentioned using binoculars. I got the (wrong) impression you were all watching without any enhancing equipment. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Isn't this is a different effect, alternating colors much faster than described by the OP? Atmospheric turbulence makes star colors fluctuate so fast that you can't say: now it is red, now it is blue. It's changing maybe 5-10 times per second.

[edit: smelling pistakes]

[edit on 2008-4-14 by nablator]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
reply to post by Acidtastic

Isn't this is a different effect, alternating colors much faster than described by the OP? Atmospheric turbulence makes star colors fluctuate so fast that you can't say: now it is red, now it is blue. It's changing maybe 5-10 times per second.

[edit: smelling pistakes]

[edit on 2008-4-14 by nablator]
Well,maybe so,as I can't see what they OP is going on about (not linked to his/her eyes),I can't say for sure. We'll have to wait until the OP gets his ass in gear and cracks out the camera (nudge nudge,wink wink,hint hint,cough cough)

[edit on 14/4/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

I have 2 videos of this object.
The first video was shot in California about a month ago.
www.7flagscarwash.com...
This second video was shot on a recent trip to Orlando, Florida on 4/10/08.
www.7flagscarwash.com...
Both videos were taken with a hand held Canon PSS5 at 50:1 zoom. It's difficult to manualy focus the camera on these points of lights but the blur is revealing as well as the focused images.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
A few people around the world have seen these, similar looking trapezoid-shaped, color-shifting and shimmering orbs;

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Edited to add a couple more, daylight ones this time ..still the trapezoid/diamond shape with a horizontal slit across the middle dividing the object into two triangle halves, top and bottom;

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 29-4-2008 by OEAOHOO]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I've heard them referred to as 'twinklers'. Very distinct red, blue, purple flashes at a constant rate every so few thousands of a second. Used to see on in the eastern sky low on the horizon every so often just after sundown in Ohio. The thing is, it almost seems like they try to blend in like star. They do not adhere to planetary/star traverse of the night sky. Mostly stationary for a time, or even go eastward, or just blip out. There is something almost hypnotic about the flashes. I believe I have heard them mentioned on C2C.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join