It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Euro is doomed to fail

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Now I know this is probably gonna piss a lot of people off, but hear me out before you throw stones.

Has anyone realized whats going on in the countries of Europe? Some of the countries are in big trouble thanks to the value of the Euro. Countries with good economies such as Germany, Italy and Spain are seeing all kinds of inflationary pressures due to the value of the Euro. They are realizing that the goods they produce are harder and harder to sell.....or compete against those goods made in China and, thats right, in the USA. 2 Countries that can export at lower prices. 1 because of the the declining value of their currency and the other due the fact that it costs next to nothing to use slave labor.

This is going to be a huge problem going forward if the value of the Euro does not begin to decline, for countries like this. Before you know we will begin to hear calls of dumping the Euro in Germany and returning to the Deutsch Mark, or the Italian Lire in Italy or the Franc in France.

Could the US secretly be plotting such an event? I actually don't our government that much credit, but if the word gets out that the countries of Europe are unhappy with the Euro, I don't see the US trying to change things by buying back the dollar.

I know I am not providing any fancy links or using charts and graphs or anything, as this is an opinion piece.

OK, now please feel free to shoot away at me.

Have a good night, I will check for your response in the morning or sometime tomorrow evening as they recently blocked this website at work.




posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Stupid thread. that is just your opinion.

It has its positives and negatives

God you make it sound like the end of Europe. It's not anyhoo. It's fine.



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
There's a BIG problem trying to compete economically on a global market, when that market includes nations which employ slave labor.

How do you compete? You CAN'T. There's nothing you can do about wages or production efficiency that will enable you to make a buck when someone else will do the same thing for free (while looking down the barrel of a gun).

So what does this mean for most industrialized nations?

Either they must influence those other nations to just "knock it off" with the whole slavery thing,

Or they have to have NO agreements to trade with these nations and rely on themselves to supply the goods their consumers need.


Otherwise local economies will crumble, business and labor opportunities will dry up, financial stores will move to other nations, and there will be nothing left but an ashen cinder.

THEN

The only way to stay in business is to do it the way China does. Slave labor.


Western nations MUST fix their trade deficits or they will end up just like those they are trading with.



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe
Stupid thread. that is just your opinion.

It has its positives and negatives

God you make it sound like the end of Europe. It's not anyhoo. It's fine.


Wow, very positive answer. You repeated what I said when I said it was just my opinion. Care to offer a differing opinion????? Never said it was the end of Europe, but the end of the EURO...HUGE difference my friend.



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It's not the end of the EURO either...

I use it, do you?



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe
It's not the end of the EURO either...

I use it, do you?


Your going to make it far on ATS with that attitude friend, wow. Give an opinion or don't respond.

Its true, but the Euro will implode upon itself due to inflation just like the dollar has in America. No economy that includes such differing marketplaces can survive for long. If they do keep it, their economy will look less like a wave on a graph and more like a line that violently spikes up and down.



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Well, I'd put more elaboration into it. If the guy uses the EURO or is from Europe. I don't expect an american to say anything positive about our currency when the EURO is now 1.55 to the DOLLAR atm.

I feel he is using his opinion to manipulate or pan out that something like a doom would happen. I mean would people ever grow up.

I'm cutting it short of the nonsense. That's why my reply was short.

The Euro has been great for Ireland and other countries. New countries from Easturn Europe are eagerly awaiting to join the common currency. More free movement of people and goods, is good.


Of course it has it's negatives. B
But no harm in giving two sides to the story. It seems I'm only contributing a positive.



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Btw America and Europe are quite different.

In America its' 50 states and always one country and always one currency.

In Europe we are talking 30 countries from all walks, and all sorts of currencies.

it would be absurd to compare the two. They are quite different economies.



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe
Btw America and Europe are quite different.

In America its' 50 states and always one country and always one currency.

In Europe we are talking 30 countries from all walks, and all sorts of currencies.

it would be absurd to compare the two.



30 countries from all walks.........yet attempting to share 1 currency? Seems thats where the problem lies to me.



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You see this is what I don't get....

I'm using the money and its the best thing since the EU came together. we have not have one scratch of problems since the introduction. More countries are joining. It's working so far.


Yet I hear a yank saying we have a problem...


This is why my post is rather short.



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
You obviously don't understand why the EU came to being. If you did, you wouldn't be asking the question you just posted



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The Euro is doomed to fail.!!!!!

When America sneezes, the rest of the world catches cold.
This time some of them are catching pneumonia.

We are still the best and safest country to live in!



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Actually this is what is going on.. The United States, aka the Rockefellers and others, felt threatened by the middle east going to the Euro. They deflated the dollar on purpose, let people buy up american assets with Euros and are now inflating the dollar again which means those with Euros will completely be destroyed.... This will allow the United States to keep trading of oil to be done only in dollars.....

Don't you all find it a bit odd that he DJIA is going down but the value of the dollar is increasing and so is the price of Gold?

[edit on 6-10-2008 by GrndLkNatv]



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Actually the post is not that off the wall. A few months ago I posted an article analyzing the Euro-zone cleavage between the core economies and the fringe outliers, such as Portugal and Greece, which are being pushed into deficits that reach to 20% of GDP.

Being part of the Euro is strangling these countries' economies. Germany and Greece using the same money is fundamentally absurd. Of course, in times of economic expansion, the disparities can be papered over, but in this downturn you'll see strains increase and the Euro will indeed be under severe strain.



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
there is nothing wrong with all the different countries using one currency. One thing we gained with it is that we can go anywhere in Europe (some exceptions there, but they want the Euro too) without losing money on changing your money.

And yes...We Dutch complain a lot and want our Guilder back. But that's pure nostalgia and a little angryness about the higher prices.

But then i still don't see a problem. When i went to Greece, the food in the big city was the same price as it is in Amsterdam. And the smaller area's it was cheaper. Just the way it happens withing the borders of one country.

And cheap goods from China? In a few years they will be more expensive. I bet the Euro will heal itself when we are finally used to it.

One question...How long do you have the dollar and how is your economy doing at the moment?



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roosje
there is nothing wrong with all the different countries using one currency. One thing we gained with it is that we can go anywhere in Europe (some exceptions there, but they want the Euro too) without losing money on changing your money.

And yes...We Dutch complain a lot and want our Guilder back. But that's pure nostalgia and a little angryness about the higher prices.

But then i still don't see a problem. When i went to Greece, the food in the big city was the same price as it is in Amsterdam. And the smaller area's it was cheaper. Just the way it happens withing the borders of one country.

And cheap goods from China? In a few years they will be more expensive. I bet the Euro will heal itself when we are finally used to it.

One question...How long do you have the dollar and how is your economy doing at the moment?



indeed I agree with you. It's nice the treadstarter showed his opinion but thats all it is just another opinion. When you infact analyse the economy of europe you'll see it's really healty unlike that of america which is completly rotten from inside out. We can smell it rotten all the way over here in europe lol.
No really the euro will fall whenever the rothschilds want to period.



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
Has anyone realized whats going on in the countries of Europe? Some of the countries are in big trouble thanks to the value of the Euro.



More the EU than the Euro, the 4 big players in the EU have taken the brunt for growth of the smaller EU countries. These major players have economies similar to the US, to say that the strength of their currency is a problem is incorrect.
Germany, for instance, only really got their economy purring again in recent years while Italy, Spain and Ireland have been heading towards a recession for the last 3-4 years because their economies had peaked and the cycle was beginning again. While these countries in the Eurozone are admitting that they may be heading towards a recession, the US which is spearheading a possible global recession will not admit it.

By collapsing the US would be a strange way for the US to collapse the Eurozone, more of a lose lose situation. But then again, when you look at the men behind the curtain - Rothschilds & Rockafella's, nothing is impossible.

Anyway, my main point is:
The reason many countries in the Eurozone are slowing down is simply because of the global situation, not because of the Euro strength.

Ps.
BTW The dollar gained substantially on the Euro recently.



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by makaveli36




indeed I agree with you. It's nice the treadstarter showed his opinion but thats all it is just another opinion. When you infact analyse the economy of europe you'll see it's really healty unlike that of america which is completly rotten from inside out. We can smell it rotten all the way over here in europe lol.
No really the euro will fall whenever the rothschilds want to period.


Some of the most brilliant
analysis I have ever heard!

Keep up the good work. That Euro math is paying off!!



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If the American dollar falls the euro will be right behind it,at least in the US we are facing reality,but just saying something won't fail doesn't mean it won't,you'll notice as oil prices slide downward so does the Euro,this is a world financial collapse comming to your neighborhood soon



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
If the American dollar falls the euro will be right behind it,at least in the US we are facing reality,but just saying something won't fail doesn't mean it won't,you'll notice as oil prices slide downward so does the Euro,this is a world financial collapse comming to your neighborhood soon


Now this point makes a good bit of sense, i dont think there is enough of the worlds oil being sold in Euro yet for it to cause a substantial problem. But when all the problems add up, the Euro could be in for a few problems.



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join