It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chevron, Total seek oil deal in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

BAGHDAD - Oil giants Chevron Corp. and Total have confirmed that they are in discussions with the Iraqi Oil Ministry to increase production in an important oil field in southern Iraq.

The discussions are aimed at finalizing a two-year deal, or technical support agreement, to boost production at the West Qurna Stage 1 oil field near Iraq's second-largest city of Basra.

The Iraqi Oil Ministry has said it is also negotiating with Royal Dutch Shell PLC, BP PLC, ExxonMobil Corp. to increase crude production in four other fields and under the same agreement.Iraq has the world's third-largest oil reserves, totaling more than 115 billion barrels. Iraq's average production for February was 2.4 million barrels per day and exports averaged 1.93 million barrels per day

news.yahoo.com...

Surprise surprise. The US invade Iraq, put in a pro western iraqi government, then steal the oil right under their noses. Seems fair to me. I'm sure Chevron, exxon, bp, and shell will bring thousands of jobs. For some reason I dont think this will set well with the Iraqi people.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Master_Wii]

join