It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Author Puts Controversial View on Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Author Puts Controversial View on Jesus

www.cbn.com

Not one Jesus, but three. That's how popular health and wellness author Deepak Chopra sees it.

In his February released book, "The Third Jesus: The Christ We Cannot Ignore," Chopra says Jesus comes in three forms: a historical Jesus, the Son of God and, most importantly, a "cosmic Christ," which embodies Jesus as a way of thinking.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
|---JESUS UNDER A MICROSCOPE---|

WHY do people-authors-scholars-historians keep trying to put a different spin on Jesus?? NO OTHER FIGURE IN HISTORY has been put under the microscope more then Jesus.

Why is it so hard?? There is so much spin placed on the historical Jesus. Jesus existed. What is so difficult about that??

www.cbn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Snoopy64]

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Snoopy64]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Oh Deepak Chopra is one of those new age guru types. This does not surprise me very much coming from in.

Deepak said
"I revere Christ, Buddha and other enlightened masters," he said.

C.S. Lewis said he was either a mad man, a liar, or who he said he was. Not an enlightened teacher.

He said he was God incarnate!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
He said he was God incarnate!

EDITED after clarification

Jesus didn't exist. Yeshua ben Yoseph existed. There is no man named Jesus. That is a bastardized version of Yashua/Yeshua depending on how you spell it.

There's no J in hebrew

As for the "son of god" that's all up to your opinion. I don't believe god has one son, but we're all sons and daughters. Its pretty ridiculous the whole religious spin people put on Yeshua's existence.

He was a prophet, not a god.

NO OTHER FIGURE IN HISTORY has been put under the microscope more then Jesus.

Maybe when people claim him to be the son of god, that statement should be scrutinized extra carefully. I have not claimed to be the son of god, and I'm not even sure he said that. As a religion, christianity has said that.

Yeshua did not write the new testament. Most of the book was written past 70 AD, years after his death.

Bigwhammy,

I apologize if I seemed to jump the gun. I did not try to attack your faith. Sorry.

[edit on 4/13/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I meant Jesus claimed to be God incarnate not Deepak

" Before Abraham was I am. (John 8:58)"

Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I have some of Deepak books and audios, I think he is to commercialized to be spiritual anymore.

And for his splitting of Jesus, I see it this way, is Jesus the man ( he may have been real but stolen to make it divine).

Then is Jesus the Divine that Christians support with their faith.

But the Cosmic Christ is new to me and I can only imagine that is Deepak own interpretation for publicity reasons.

That cosmic link makes Jesus and ET.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I have seen deepak speak. He is indeed very spiritual. Do I agree/believe everything he says? No, I do not. He had a very powerful speak in San Francisco though at the green festival, likening us all to an emerging planetary consciousness.

He speaks with truth, but I do not expect everyone to agree with him (I don't even agree with most of the things he said).

What is the number one all-time sold book? The bible.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
|---MARG6043---|

THAT IS WHAT I MEAN Thank you for pointing that out. Jesus was an alien. Jesus was a Buddhist. Jesus was a Hindu. Jesus was a magician. Jesus lived in France-America-Britan-Africa-Tibet.

What's it all about? Propaganda-conspiracy theory-lies-distortion. They can't even get their stupid theorys to be cohesive and they all contradict with other theorys. They're obsessed. A new "guru-mystic-scholar" pops out of the looney womb every 2 seconds.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
In the end he, like all of us, will be measured against his words and deeds. Whether it be in some cosmic sense, or through the more mundane crystal of future history.

As the Jesus that persists in our collective memory, evolves with us, we will reinvent him again and again. Is he not real, (does his actual 1st name change who he was or is to us?) is he myth? My heart tells me one thing. What this man's heart tells him is for him. I'll take what mine tells me for myself.

All the different faiths, all the different teachers, they all seem to agree on the subject of gurus. They are no better than we are, to grow spiritually you must become your own guru. Have faith in yourself and in your heart.

As for me and Jesus, well, shouldn't that be between me and him?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
" Before Abraham was I am. (John 8:58)"

The perfect response.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by resistor

From John, Chapter 10:

"34": Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Jesus Himself calls us Gods. What now are we to do with this???

TheBorg

[Edited for clarity.]

[edit on 14-4-2008 by TheBorg]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
My brain just doesn't translate bible speak very well.

Before Abraham was I am. (John 8:58)"

Why is that so difficult for me to wrap my brain around? Before Abraham was I am??? Doctor Seuss has a more logical meaning to it than statements like that. I tip my hat to people that can find so much meaning in statements like that, but my mind just doesn't work like that. I guess that is why I have never been able to read the bible. Perhaps I am a heathen and I am not meant to understand it.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
|---Before Abraham was I am---|

It means two things::

The Jews considered Abraham their father and founder. Jesus was telling them even before Abraham existed as their founder he (Jesus) existed.

I AM is an allusion to God's OT name he gave to Moses. "I AM."

Putting it all together Jesus is telling the Jews he was greater than their highly esteemed forefather Abraham.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy64

And that makes sense to you. In order for me to read the bible, I would need someone to explain every line to me like you just did. Then I am not reading the bible, I am being taught someone elses interpretation of the bible. I feel as if I have biblical-dyslexia (I should trademark that).

Thank you for the explanation. It makes sense, but it just seems like the most non-sensical way of saying it.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy64

I agree that the seed of life or the evolution of humans as we know it today had some alien beginnings, is that means ET that is fine with me.

And yes the Christian God that is Worshiped today in our Christian nation is one of the Gods that Abraham took with him when he left his place of birth and started his journey, lated becoming only one God.

Jesus has become an item that one size fits all, it has been made possible to link him with anything and everything.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I never understand the anger some people have on subjects like this.

If people are being brought to Yeshua, and that is what Christians are so hip on, why would they be angered at the possibility of bringing more people into the fold? I don't see that as the foundation for the destruction of faith, I see it as a stabilizer to bring more people to faith.

Tomorrow we will see the thread on how some evangelical is screaming about how they are losing Christians and its a vast conspiracy by Marilyn Manson and Peter Pan. It is simply not a winning situation, no matter what someone is going to be upset by either the loss of faith, or the increase of faith depending on whether it fits in their comfort zone or not.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg

From John, Chapter 10:

TheBorg

[Edited for clarity.]

I want you guys to see this here.. Borg posted way before me so i will bold the important part.

This is saying god is a part of all of us. He isnt someone. He is all of us..

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I always remind myself that when discussing ancient texts we have little choice but to accept the translators' limitations in translating. Languages always carry within themselves, the seeds of bias. This is not evil, it's simply a function of how we digest information and try to effectively pass that information forward to others.

"I am" is one of these phrases that seems to cause difficulties for some. "I am" in this case is being presented to us in the pace of a proper noun. Nouns have gender, verbs have tense.

Unless we can engage the scholars who look upon the writings, we can't be sure of exactly what 'expedient' linguistic freedoms were taken. We certainly can't be sure if in fact, they are correct at all.

But the hirearchies of religions seem 'bent' on ensuring that their translations are considered 'golden.' And then of course, there's the faith one must place in the social order that determined what was to be part of the collection of scriptures we call the Bible, and what was unworthy.

Sorry to say - I have grave misgivings regarding the 'chain of custody' of the 'word of God'. The compilation of that which reaches men as 'the good book that is in all things infallible' was the product of political negotiation, power brokering, and a degree of 'quid pro quo'. Somehow, I think that's a relevant factor that should be at the forefront of all 'Biblical' debates.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

That is a topic that I tried to stay away from as much as I can in an effort to be unbias.

But this time I will bring my personal view on that, we all know that the bible teachings has been used to fit personal and religious agendas.

Even when the bible in the begining tells that we are all made in the image and resemblance of God we all like God itself.

Yes I agree with that quote also and its many other quotes in the bible that many experts in Christianity and scholars seems to ignore because it doesn't fit in their religious agendas of servitud an blind worshiping.

Interesting.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg

From John, Chapter 10:

TheBorg

[Edited for clarity.]

There is another interpretation of this as well -- the personal possessive -- you BELONG to God.

[Edited for spelling.]

[edit on 14-4-2008 by RedmoonMWC]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join