It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If someone had the money...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
If someone had the money, what would stop that person from hiring the right personnel to send a rocket into space to record and transmit live images or movies back to Earth via satellite?

NASA obviously won't do this.

How cool would it be to have a "Live from space" website on the net to monitor and record live images as they happen? I'm not talking about some of those 2 cent telescope sites, I'm talking about the real deal.

What would the Government say about a project like this? Would they be afraid that someone might actually have the means to provide visual evidence of UFO's on a global scale?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
They wouldn’t stop you. They may even encourage you.

Russia has a large amount of satellites in space, as do China. They have no affiliation with NASA.
There is nothing to stop an independent organisation from doing this and there are a couple of them around. They do have to pay attention to international regulations though concerning orbiting craft and where they travel. Not always because of what they may capture via images, but because of other orbiting craft, including the ISS.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by maya12-21-2012.com

Paul Allen (co-founder of Microsoft) has helped fund a SETI project in the past. Maybe you should start a petition? Put some satellites (with high resolution cameras) in orbit with quantum computers emitting the human genetic code in a binary code signal.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I started a thread like this a few weeks ago. The responses were interesting. I too believe/wonder why no private interest has not jumped on this.

My Post

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I think its a great idea but the physics of keeping a human in space for long amounts of time are still in progress. Because of the loss of gravity, most human bones become brittle and break when exiting the craft upon landing back on Earth.

Russia's space program was surprised to find that when landing on Earth after a mission in the 60's, cosmonauts leg bones were fracturing and breaking just by walking. Those were brave men. I dont think the Russian Space Program ever got enough credit for alot of their discoveries and sacrifices.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by VisionQuest]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think Robert Bigelow is your man! If anyone would be interested in doing it, it may be him! If you don't know who he is, just think of the character John Hurt played in "Contact" and your getting very close.

He's got a lot of interesting things in the pipeline ATM including inflatable space stations! LOL

This guy wants to make space travel etc cheap enough for the average person.

I guess when those things become a reality, it will be impossible for NASA etc to hide the reality of Alien Craft (if they exist in our space) as it would take their explicit cooperation!

IRM Out!

top topics

join