It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Sale: 13-Year Old Virgin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Wife burning has been outlawed, and same with the caste system, but there is every now and then someone who does it anyway. Judging an entire country because of an act like this is not very wise. Indians are extremely civilized. Many come here to the US to get doctorates and continue on to obtain an education that 90% of Americans wouldn't even have.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

parents selling their girls online to the highest payer.

If you're referring to that website that was discussed here a few weeks ago, that was a proven (and rather obvious) hoax.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Judging an entire country because of an act like this is not very wise.

Of course it's not.

But every other country in the world is also subject to the same unfair rule.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This is atrocious!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
But every other country in the world is also subject to the same unfair rule.

Does that make the act any more right to do so? It's always easy to judge a culture from outside the box, without ever seeing it from the inside, but that doesn't always mean what one can assume is correct.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I thought India was one of the more civilized ME territories...

Ahem.. a... India is not in the Middle East.

Its in South Asia.. so big, so populated, most just call it India..

Anyways, terrible for sure, but now that the whole world knows shes a virgin and still for sale we should all be expecting the Indian government to do something to help her?.....

But I doubt it..

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Reading # like this sure makes me happy I live in America, and you can quote me on that.

You know I don't know what this infatuation men of the world have with virgins. Frankly I find it apalling. Yes I was 16 when I lost mine, and the girl was a virgin too. After that though, I aint nerver wanted anything that wants to be gentle or is going to bleed during sex.

I love em loose and rough! Maybe that is highly inappropriate, but I just cannot understand why a man with a normal libido would enjoy a virgin. Frankly I find it disgusting.

[edit on 4/15/2008 by DYepes]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Since when is a 13 yr old mature enough to know what's best for her or how this may effect her life as an adult. How many of these women long to be married as adults but can't because of a choice they made as a child?

Why do you think we have a different set of rules for minors?

As for a culture that is long standing, where it affects children it's not right no matter how long it's been going on. Children should always be protected no matter what.

Here we go, another person who thinks they know what's best for other people. Another one who touts 'the rules.' Who's rules? Your rules? That's one of the main things wrong with the world today. Too many people thinking they know what's best for others. Where do you live? North America? Western Europe?
I think it's best that you live in poverty for the rest of your natural life. You and all of your family as well. You will not have any luxuries and not even the basics like enough food, water, a roof over your head. How would you like that? I'm guessing you will probably ignore me. Am I right?
Now get off your high horse and stop condemning other peoples ways of living. I'm thinking if the Indian authorities aren't doing anything about it, then who are you to condemn them? It seems tolerance is still a dirty word, even here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Since when is a 13 yr old mature enough to know what's best for her or how this may effect her life as an adult. How many of these women long to be married as adults but can't because of a choice they made as a child?

I am compelled to respond.

Well, actually, for 4000 years 13 year olds have been mature enough to make such decisions for themselves. It is only in the last 200 years that we've decided that Adults are a new class of Children, that they are incompetent and incapable of maturity, and that they need protection and to be treated as the equivalent of a 8 year old because 8 year old and 16 year old are exactly the same thing; "Children".

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is not sad ... This is the way that 80% of Indians think .... About life in general ... They don't want one wife ... they are promised much more than just a virgin ... in heaven ... YOU GUYS ARE SO redundant and do not ever get the point on much ... Most issues lead back to the same thing ... I figured some of the smarter on here would have already figured it out ... Who knows maybe they know and realize that its just over some people ... anyways .... MORALITY ISSUES are

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

I'm not on any high horse. I tabled some questions and gave my opinion. I don't see where I am judging anyone.

It is my opinion that a 13 yr old girl is not mature enough to make such choices. that's my opinion. I am in no way trying to impose rules on anyone.

I think it is you who are on the high horse. I don't agree with everything you say so you throw a tantrum. Furthermore you make the roundabout claim that prostitution is the answer to poverty. Many people live in poverty and don't feel the need to prostitute 13 yr olds.

As for the poster below you that makes his case on the merits of what was done 200 yrs ago, there are many factors involved with that reasoning. 200 yrs ago people died much younger and had to mature at a much younger age. Most lived hard lives and had to grow up quickly. That is possibly the case in India today. However, none of that makes their lifestyle right.

Again, JMO!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

I do have a name, friend... and I wasn't making a case as to what went on 200 years ago. I made a case for what has gone on throughout ALL of history except for the last 200 years. Remember that all cultures don't share the west's view of teenagers being children, American's especially love to be outraged at foreign countries where 12 and 13 year old's get married off or prostitute themselves.

As if western morals should somehow count for the entire world. I'd be more appalled if it was in America that this happened, since just as this example I'd be taking into account the relative cultural values.

I'm certain you don't believe such things should happen. I'd claim that's a naive view of the world, as well as Moral Absolutism from a Culture-Centric Ideology.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

No offense ColdDragon and I wasn't arguing with you nor do I expect any country to adopt our culture.

Again, my opinion is that a 13 yr old should not be expected to grow up so fast and I suspect that eventually things will change in India in that respect.

Why is everyone so touchy?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Oh, I hope you didn't feel my response had a contentious air to it. I merely feel that you are letting your emotions attach themselves to your cultural morals. As I said in the post, I'd be more appalled if it happened in the U.S.

It's perfectly normal in other parts of the world, and I don't feel at all appalled about it. The same is true of topics which are uniquely cultural for me.

You did, however, contend with my comment concerning the history of man versus modern sensibility.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
In Southern Asia, 48% of girls are married before they are 18.
In Africa, 42%.
In Latin America and the Caribbean, 29%.

Places like Niger? 76%

Bangladesh? 69%. 37% before they are 15 years old.

About 1 in 7 girls in the developing world (excluding China) gets married before her 15th birthday.

In 'modern' society, we tend to think of marriage in the context of romantic love. But it's seldom been so historically. Marriage was a contract not only between individuals, but families.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I hate sociology, and sociologists, its such a pretend science. Moving on, a 13 year old, from India, America, Canada, China, or anywhere else, doesn't have the maturity, intelligence, experience, or understanding of an adult. A case could be made that some will never have that at any age, and thats true. However, even thinking back to when you were 13 to when you were 18-20, your veiws on EVERYTHING change. Your experiences change, your Knowledge expands, nothing is the same. To suggest that a 13 yr old Indian girl is somehow different then a 13 yr old anywhere else is ridiculous. A child, and I am aware that there is a recent designation as a child, is not capable of that decision. Also, in America, Canada, and Europe, we have underage girls do everything but sex on tv all the time for our enjoyment, and people think it's fine. When Miley Cyrus humps on stage and dances on a pole or does a Maxim Shoot no one cares, they get hot and think its great, there is only one more jump to her screwing people, so try to realize that before you condemn others, remember she is 15 and has been doing this since 13.

Second of all to the people who think others are on "high horses". I'm sorry but everyone isn't equal, that includes people, countries, cultures, and so on. Sociology is fake, I'm sorry to break it too you. In an example, Canada is superior to Niger. Niger has a 90% illiteracy rate. Niger has roving rape squads to rape and murder women from babies to the elderly. The elderly in Niger are 40, because they pee in there hands to clean them, because they believe that germs are an invention of America. That last line isn't a joke, most of Africa does not "believe" in germs, as if it is something that can be believed in. Canada, which I've been too numerous times, is superior to Niger. I won't get in to what culture is superior, world wide America is the dominant culture by far, Japan is up there too. It isn't an opinion, its fact, try traveling the world, then tell me there aren't places better then other places, because that is the height of pandering idiocy. Squatting over a cement hole standing in others feces and ejaculate while going to the bathroom, like in Africa, Asia minus Japan, and parts of Europe, is not superior to sitting in a clean environment and going. It isn't I'm sorry. You can pretend they are, people do, but we all know it isn't true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join