It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heaven and Earth Shall Pass Away but my words shall not

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
my father has a big problem with this quote!

i do too because i cannot explain it?

can any one tell me what it means?

heaven and earth will no longer be?

i would love to be wiser!

i know it is staring me in the face, but its secret is being hidden from me?

if heaven and earth pass away, what is left?

God's word?

sorry for being so blind

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Words = worlds like of persons

In man's world, in woman's world, in the rock world, in the short man's world, etc.

A world can be by language, class, breed, gender, citizenship, etc. The overall is "the" world which implies just mankind in a way you think to disreguard the other worlds which exist in it.

^^Those are words. They will pass away in a sence while still remaining yet and still in a basic, more better sense. The corrupted will be cast off as the better comes forth.

Heaven and earth will melt away as it gets thrust out as it departs from us who are far from wicked. The wicked will depart with heaven and earth only to be revealed raw after it melts away.

There will not be another heaven and earth for us, but instead there will be the ideal all to each person that is as words. Each person is as more than one word (world). How? By lang, breed, etc altogether.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
sorry mabus!

yes you know what you are takling about!

but i don't?

heaven and earth will pass away? but my word shall not!?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by meremortal
sorry mabus!

yes you know what you are takling about!

but i don't?

heaven and earth will pass away? but my word shall not!?

Well they wont pass away on their own. It'll take a higher authority to make them go away and make us remain in some better way. Ever wonder about what will happen to persons when it all passes away? The answer lies in "my word shall not".

That's as simple as it gets.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The physical heavens and earth are solid and are here to stay. They are permanent. God is saying that the words he speaks are more permanant than the physical creations he made.

In Isaiah 40:26 God says that none of the stars will fail to give its light. No created star will be extinguished by his word. Psalms 104:5 says that the foundations of the earth shall remain forever.

By these words the heavens and the earth will not pass away.

Edn

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Nothing in the Universe is permenant, eventually our sun will expand and possibly engulf this planet destroying everything on it, then when the sun dies most of the solar system will likely be blown to bits.

gods word will only survive if theres someone left to tell it.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Edn

Not unless the Electric Sun model proves true. Check out the thread below.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
some scriptures that might give you some context.

eccl 1:[4] One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

psalm 37:[29] The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.

psalm 104:[5] Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

so we see it's god's purpose that the earth last forever.

the scriptures that say it will be destroyed by fire.

2 peter 3:[7] But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.[10] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

rev 21:[1] And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

so we have 2 sets of scriptures in obvious conflict. however....

gen 11:[1] And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

1 cron 16:31] Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice: and let men say among the nations, The LORD reigneth.

psalms 96;[1] O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth.

1 kings 2:[1] Now the days of David drew nigh that he should die; and he charged Solomon his son, saying,
[2] I go the way of all the earth: be thou strong therefore, and shew thyself a man;

with these scripture, we can see that heaven and earth could mean the people.

also interesting to note the context of 2 peter 3:7. if you read 5,6

[5] For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
[6] Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

it parallels it to noah's time, the "world" was destroyed didnt mean the literal world because its still here, but the people of the time.

there is another scripture that points to the heavens as being the political enitities of the world but im pressed for time at the moment so ill sift through my notes later

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

thankyou Miriam,

thankyou all!

there is hope for us then its not the end

MM x

top topics

join