It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dalai Lama is "anti-human rights": Chinese media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Dalai Lama is "anti-human rights": Chinese media

news.yahoo.com

BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese media denounced the Dalai Lama and his supporters on Sunday as "anti-human rights," and branded top U.S. politician Nancy Pelosi as "the least popular person in China" for her stance on Tibet.

The belligerent commentaries by the official Xinhua news agency came the day after Beijing said nine Buddhist monks had been arrested for bombing a government building in Tibet.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Man, everybody is pissing China off this year. I think all hell will break loose if countries start to boycott the olympics.

I also find it to be funny that CHINA is accusing others of violating human rights.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13/4/08 by wisefoolishness]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
this doublespeak is starting to get to me. I met the Dalai Lama a while back when he came to speak in arizona. I also read two of his books and studied some of his teachings, while at the same time applying it to my life. one of the books I read was the art of happiness which almost overnight completely changed my life. I went from a frustrated angry selfish individual, to a loving, compassionate, and giving human. Now those adjectives might stir up, within your mind, connotations of sappiness...but I kid you not my friends...The Dalai Lama is a powerful illuminated being.

One of the most powerful things I learned from Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama is that the two things that can destroy our lives are FEAR and GREED. Those two emotional elements are everpresent in our society and are continuing to grow. We need to rid our minds of fear and greed. The more one hears about the boogey man and depressions/recessions/food shortages/riots/mind control/fascism on a global scale/KBR detention facilities, et c the more one allows fear to enter their mindset.

Do not fear anything except fear....you are eternal

join