It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Ala. Governor Turns Tables on Justice Department

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Former Ala. Governor Turns Tables on Justice Department

www.washingtonpost.com

In the two weeks since his release from prison pending an appeal, Siegelman has sharply increased the volume of his assertions that he was railroaded. He says that Karl Rove, who was a White House adviser, targeted him for prosecution to ensure he did not win reelection to the governor's office and displace a Republican there.

Siegelman is seizing on a theme that is newly popular with politically connected defendants: turning the tables on a Justice Department vulnerable to accusations of interference because of missteps last year under then-Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Could this guy finally be the person to take down the ever-criminalistic Karl Rove? Rove is no stranger to having his name tossed around in circles of vote tampering and obstruction of Justice---This case may finally be the one where he's held accountable! Go Siegelman!

Yet Siegelman has not petitioned the court to hear his allegations of political tampering, choosing instead to make them on television programs and in newspapers and magazines. He asserts that Rove, two Republican U.S. attorneys, the son of his successor as governor, career prosecutors and former leaders of the Justice Department's public integrity unit conspired to manufacture a case and thwart Siegelman's ambitions to return to the governor's mansion.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Rove, through his attorney, said he would testify if given a subpoena.

I too have been watching this since it aired on "60 minutes" when he was still in prison.

I am so hopeful that this will pull the thread that unravels this corrupt administration....

Nothing would make me smile more than to see Rove indicted for numerous counts of criminal conduct.

I was hoping that Libby was going to be the "watergate" start but that didn't pan out did it? or even Abernoff??? (sic)

Rove would be the next best thing next to Cheney or Bush himself....I sure hope this turns out to be the one.

Great post and I hope more people pay attention to what happens with this and that especially goes for the MSM.(wishful thinking) but Hopefully Oberman will get a hold of it and show the tenacity he did with the Walmart suit.

(((((((oh, yeah, star and flagged:up
))))))))

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Res Ipsa]

new topics

join