It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange on desktop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Ok so in the top left corner of my desktop I've been seeing this wierd looking box that just kind of sits there. The wierd part is when I don't have IE running, it still makes the sound of popups being blocked. When I right click the little square, the only option showing is the one where it asks if you would like to allow pop ups from the site.

This square is acting like an IE browser window, and one time I even got a pop up that replaced my background image. Very strange. Well here is a pic of the top left corner of my desktop, does anyone know what this is?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
That sure is strange.

Did you activate "Active Desktop"? I remember that there was one way of doing something like that but I don't remember how.

I am not using Window XP (I suppose that is what you use), so I can not see how to do it.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes I use xp on this laptop, and I have no idea what to do lol. I tried a few things but this comp is kind of old and probobly has more problems that I don't even know about yet.

This one just struck me as so odd, I've never seen anything like it. Doesn't even show up in the task manager or anything.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

See if you have "Active Desktop" activated.

Use this page as a guide to see if it is activated.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

W00T! It worked, thanks for the help!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

Great! I wasn't sure if that could be the reason.

top topics

join