It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Pregnant) Girl's drink spiked with abortion pill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm pro-choice, but thats for the woman. If she was going to keep it, and this turns out to be someone else, then it is murder, because it would have been born if thats what the mother wanted. ESPECIALLY if she wanted this child.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The first question that arises in my mind, is why not use RU486? A curiously named drug to be sure, but it’s got to be more readily available than some bovine hormone. I also find it much more likely that the girl did this to herself than that it was done to her. I knew girls in high school 25 years ago who had abortions with no stigma attached whatsoever, what’s stopping them today? Only if the father was potentially a high income earner would I believe the poisoning story.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by resistor

because RU486 not an abortion drug - it is a ` morning after drug ` - i have NO RELEVANT medical training - but the way i understand it RU486 prevents the fertilised egg developing - and inhibits placenta formation etc etc

once a featus is developed to the point that a woman knows she is preagnant , RU486 is useless

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I did some research on the drug named in the article and found a website for veterinary drug information.

I am very suspicious about this story somethings does not ring right to me.

Like how do they know what she was spiked with?

Here is the link to the site I found

www.drugs.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Firstly - spiking a drink needs to be a specific crime under law punishable by jailtime.

Secondly - since this pregnant girl is a teenager she should NOT be having a baby in the first place, if it is aborted then it will be for her own good.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
since this pregnant girl is a teenager she should NOT be having a baby in the first place, if it is aborted then it will be for her own good.

yeah who needs free will , and self determination when we have you to tell us who is ` allowed ` to do what , and what is " good " for us

i will go one better - you should not be left unsupervised - and should certainly NOT have access to the internet - it will be for your own good

apc

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

You're confusing RU486 with Plan-B. Plan-B is the Morning After pill. It prevents implantation of the zygote. RU486 is part of a multi-phase treatment that causes rapid and sometimes violent cramping and heavy menstruation, halting the pregnancy, detaching and expelling the embryo. It can only be used early in the first trimester and a followup exam is needed to ensure it was successful. It's no miracle pill... people have died from taking it.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
More to the story now. I trimmed out a bit already discussed.

From WJAC TV

According to police, the suspects are two male students at Williamsburg Community High School and one male adult, who wanted to abort the victim's child.

Police said the chemical and a syringe were stolen from a Williamsburg area farm a few days before the incident.

Investigators said the drink was given to the victim in school and she was later transported to the hospital. School officials alerted police.

The superintendent said the investigation is a student discipline matter that has not been resolved, but they are working with the Williamsburg Borough Police Department, Pennsylvania State Police, the district attorney's office, students, as well as the victim's family.

Police said they are still trying to figure out all of the effects of ProstaMate, but so far sonograms show that the victim's unborn child does still have a heart beat and the girl has returned to school.

According to police, the suspects will be charged with aggravated assault of an unborn child, but the penalty could be steeper pending the investigation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join