It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Pregnant) Girl's drink spiked with abortion pill

page: 1/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

(Pregnant) Girl's drink spiked with abortion pill

www.centredaily.com

State police are helping Williamsburg, Blair County, authorities find whomever spiked a pregnant teenage girl’s drink with a drug used to abort pregnancies in cows, a drug they think was stolen from a Williamsburg farm, according to a release.

The pregnant girl’s beverage was tainted with Prostamate sometime between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. March 31 at Williamsburg High School, police said. Troopers are considering the act an aggravated assault upon the girl and her unborn baby, police said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
While I am pro-choice on the abortion issue, I am not ok with an outside trying to take away a woman's child. This is a really demented act and whoever responsible should be jailed. I don't know what kind of punishment his would warrant. Is that considered attempted murder if the child isn't born yet? I mean abortion could be considered murder for some people, but I don't think it is.

In this case maybe because the woman wanted to keep her child. I hope the baby and mother are alright.

Troopers are considering the act an aggravated assault upon the girl and her unborn baby, police said.

I guess my question was answered in the article. It would be an assault charge, which may or not be harsh enough. Attempted murder might be justified in this case. The person was trying to poison the woman's body and according to the article, kill her child on purpose without her consent.

State police think whomever was responsible was trying to abort the girl’s unborn child, the release indicates

A disgruntled ex-boyfriend perhaps? Or a current boyfriend who did not want to have the child?

Before people jump all over this woman and say she shouldn't have been at a party, stop and read the article. This happened at SCHOOL of all places.

The pregnant girl’s beverage was tainted with Prostamate sometime between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. March 31 at Williamsburg High School, police said.

I guess poisoning isn't above high schoolers. Nice one. Maybe Obama's remark about PA being depressed wasn't too far off?

www.centredaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

this is more like atempted murder
since the un born child could have been killed
or worse effect something bad could happen

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I would tend to agree with you, but we're not the judge, jury, or executioner. First the prosecution/police have to build a case to find out who had the incentive and motive to carry out such a deed, then there's the whole jury selection process, and then the trial.

It'll be months before anything happens. The damage is already done, if there was any. I hope not, but abortion pills can't be good for anyone pregnant or not.

Attempted murder may be the correct charge. Stupidity and ignorance as to what may have happened is probably also involved. A teenager doesn't think through their actions and would not see the consequences (maybe that's most people in the world, I'm not trying to blame teenagers).

I'm sure a cow abortion pill is much stronger than a human abortion pill, which is what is most worrying. Could it actually work? I hope not.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I hope both the girl and the baby are alright, that is a very scary situation.
I would think that beyond the loss of the baby a cow abortion pill could cause the mother to bleed out and hemoragge or cause other damage to the uterus or even cause internal bleeding in other organs.
I think damage would also depend on how far along she is in her pregnancy but i could see something like a partially separated placenta being an issue here which is dangerous for both mom and baby.

I am pro-choice.
although i dont like abortion i also dont want the state to interfere with reproductive issues or girls to have to go to mexico or back alleys or go back to the days of coathangers. But even being pro choice i think this could easily call for attempted murder charges teenager of not anyone above the age of 6 would know it is wrong to try and poison a pregnant girl with abortion drugs.

apc

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That's just odd. By far not enough info to go on here but I wouldn't put it past the girl poisoning herself. Just speculating based on how strange this is. Usually though you hear of girls using rosemary or something and taking too high a dose. Otherwise it can't be that hard to figure out who would know about and know where to get the drug.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Its quite possible she did it to herself. I am not ruling that out.

However, whoever did it knew about cow abortions and what kind of pills to use in such a case.

The drug and a syringe also were reported stolen from a farm in Huston Township, Blair County, police said.

Someone has either been reading their farm journals or lives on a farm and knew how to obtain the drug.

Fishy situation no matter how you look at it.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Based on the assumption that this substance was actually 'given' to the girl without her knowledge or consent, this 'could have' qualified for an 'attempted murder' charge. The only purpose for the act would be to kill the unborn child.

However such a charge would open the doors to a completely ancillary issue
(one that Pro-Death, and Anti-Choice proponents are chomping at the bit to begin, I'm sure :p ). I guess I would have opted for the assault charge myself. If the girl miscarries however, look for a civil suit coming down the pike.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Yeah this story falls along the lines of a forced abortion, as well as "food"-poisoning of the mother.

If the girl did it, she's one sick cookie. If it was someone else, they're even more messed up.

I really have no right to comment on how deranged someone is, but this is something that really bothers me.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I know what its like to have your food and drink messed with. Personally i will never eat in resteraunts etc... again. It certainly puts you of.

If this is true, its just sick, but what do we expect in this sick world.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm curious to know how they found out this was in that girl's drink.

Somehow I don't see her drinking something and going, "OH, this tastes like abortion pills!"

Something just seems fishy about all this.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

this is more like atempted murder
since the un born child could have been killed
or worse effect something bad could happen

If the court sees this as attempted murder then wouldn't that officially make abortion murder?

I'm also thinking if this drug was stolen from a farm it should narrow down the suspects quite a bit.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

The article didn't mention how she knew she'd been drugged, but I'm assuming the woman felt ill and went to the doctor. She was pregnant after all and any little pain could be related to a miscarriage.

reply to post by Umbrax

This case would not set a precedent if the baby dies because abortion involves a consenting mother, while this case would be a forced abortion.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This could be a touchy case because if you put too much emphasis on the assault to the fetus then it validates pro-life arguments that the child is a legal entity that should be protected under law even before it breathes its first breath... in other words... a person to be protected under law.

At the same time, however, when someone actively tries to abort a fetus from a woman's body without their permission or knowledge then it is completely wrong. I think the assault is more to the woman and her own autonomy of choice and control over her own body than the unborn fetus. From the sounds of it, though, the fetus wasn't actually aborted which is a good thing seeing as the whole thing was involuntary.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

I agree, this issue is only of interest because it questions whether an attempted forced abortion can be tried under the umbrella of "murder".

I'd be more inclined to try the agressor for attempted murder on the mother (using the haemorrage possibility as medical backup), assault and a whole host of other charges that may be pinned on him/her.

It does raise a very odd question though, of whether the man could be charged with attempted murder against the fetus if he were to specifically target it... I dont know what the ethical and legal answer here is, I hope to use some considered posts here to make up my mind hopefully.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I tried to find more information on this subject in the net but it seems that only can be foud on small board sites and small news sites, the information is the same and not more added to it.

Interesting that I found many other information on men using the after morning pill to cause abortion on their girlfriends without consent.

On this particular drug it causes abortion and other harmful site effects to humans be female or male.

WARNINGS

Not for human use.

Women of child-bearing age, asthmatics, and persons with bronchial and other respiratory problems should exercise extreme caution when handling this product. In the early stages, women may be unaware of their pregnancies. Dinoprost tromethamine is readily absorbed through the skin and can cause abortion and/or bronchiospasms. Direct contact with the skin should, therefore, be avoided. Accidental spillage on the skin should be washed off immediately with soap and water.

Use of this product in excess of the approved dose may result in drug residues.

www.drugs.com...

I actually think that she did herself, got some nasty side effects and had to receive medical care, either the drug is administered intravenously or contact with the skin works the same.

Unless she is in advance pregnancy stages perhaps that is why she drank the stuff or somebody spike her drink to make it work.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I think that the title may be wrong as this drug/hormone may come only in liquid form.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

Did you know this???
Link

apc

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If this is an unsolicited attack an attempted murder charge for the attack on the girl wouldn't hold up as they wouldn't be able to prove intent unless they could show the attacker gave the girl the drug with the intention of killing her, not merely knowing that was a risk.

For an attempted murder charge for the attack on the fetus to stick the fetus would need to have been viable at the time of attack. It's safer to go with assault, even in Pennsylvania.

There aren't really any real ramifications from this... there's already precedent set from women getting attacked and harm or death coming to the fetus as a result. If they do go with attempted murder it will be with solid backing, not because the prosecutor wants to make a statement.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Well there would be some pretty serious symptoms pretty quickly.

more than likely with possible intense cramping and possible bleeding. im just guessing but probably some sort of prostaglandin is the active agent in the medication which levels would be tested for first thing at the hospital. If a drug test or other blood tests were also done the culprit would easily be found. and from there probably narrowed down to the drink which could then possibly be tested if it was in a bottle or not fully consumed etc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join