It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! How do I get rid of a headache quick?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I've had this throbbing headache in the top left part of my head for hours.

And don't tell me to take an aspirin!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
There is a pressure point in the "web" part where your thumb and index finger are. Squeeze in the center (as hard as you can until it hurts) SLOWLY release the pressure. Should help, if not get in the shower and run warm -to -hot water over your head .

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
ahhh net storm beat me to it i would of said the same thing. If that doesnt work smash ur hand through a window that will take the pain away from ur head or even better run into a door u should hopefully knock yourself out.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurtcobainuk
If that doesnt work smash ur hand through a window that will take the pain away from ur head or even better run into a door u should hopefully knock yourself out.

Owwwww

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
EXCEDRIN MIGRAINE

I'd buy stock in it if I could

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Have a nap.

Drinking lots of water daily also help avoiding head aches, if you don't drink much of it.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Try to get outside and breathe fresh air. Also I find an ice cube placed on the point of pain helps to relieve it.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Take some sleeping pills, then take a nap...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Advil works for me every time.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Drink some alka-seltzer, since you don't want to take asprin..

then, enjoy a nice longneck, with a handful of pretzels. If you don't want beer, then try water. This usually works for me.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
make love. It realeases sortonin and stuff. That's the stuff they pack into aspirn anyway. If no-ones around to make love to ... well ... you know.
It works either way.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
spray some windex on it. ever seen my big fat greek wedding?

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Poke Smot?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
LOL@Lysergic..

When I have a head ache I can't seem to get rid off, I usually get drunk and forget about it...

Works like a charm, but it's usually coming back worse the day after lol...

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well I get really bad migraines like, everyday. So I have to take tegratol three times daily, which is normally used for epilepsy. Works like a charm, head hurts like hell if you miss it though...
I suggest a good cup of tea and a nap listening to your favorite chilling CD.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Gatorade works for hangover headaches, I don't see why it wouldn't work for a regular one!

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I suffer from Migraines.

This will work!

Take 2 aleve with a coke or soda with caffeine.

Lay down and rest your neck. Make sure to relax your shoulder and neck muscles. Lay flat on your back, not on your side.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Chocolate is supposed to have something in it that helps headaches. So try that. I used to have migraines last year and i used to lie down in a dark room and sleep.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
Chocolate is supposed to have something in it that helps headaches. So try that. I used to have migraines last year and i used to lie down in a dark room and sleep.

OOOOOOOOh watch out! Chocolate is known for causing migraines. Also

Red wine
cheese
bacon, sausages
withdrawl of caffeine

Notice alot of these have sulfides in them for preservation.

I have suffered migraines since I was 2yrs old. Although mine are caused by an abormal curvature/twisting in my cervical area, stress and tension really set mine off. I guess I was a really stressed child. Must have been my Dad threatening me that I would go to hell if I sinned. Never been the same since.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Smack your head against the wall very hard. The pain from the cuts will override the throbbing of the headache. If you dont want to try that, Advil works pretty well

top topics

<<   2 >>

join