It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Neural Impulse Actuator is in mass production and ready to ship imminently

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The Neural Impulse Actuator is in mass production and ready to ship imminently

www.custompc.co.uk

OCZ claims that the NIA’s ‘user-friendly software is calibrated based on the individual’s physiology and personal preferences. Each of the Actuator’s signals can be assigned to a specific keystroke on the keyboard or a mouse button; consequentially, gamers can run, jump, and fire faster - all without lifting a finger.’

As well as this, OCZ reckons that the death of the faithful keyboard and mouse for gaming could soon be on the horizon. ‘ The NIA will allow users to control PC games without the use of a keyboard,’ said the company, ‘and minimal use of a mouse.’
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ocztechnology.com

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Ok so first of all, I am getting one of these "controllers" myself.

On the other hand, what could be some uses for these types of technology in warfare? Control machinery while eating?
Faster reflexes?

I really can't believe that this technology is in mass production,I thought that we may have to wait for a few more years. But based I what's happening, I can easily see practical mind reading technology because THIS IS a mind reading technology.

When will we have mind control? Within the next 5 years? Perhaps less? Still disturbing in my oppinion.

IT'S ONLY 100 EUROS OR $200.

www.custompc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/13/2008 by die_another_day]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Damn this looks pretty cool for gaming.
Not sure if it's such a clever idea though, considering the lethargic state society is at now, this could make things even worse.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Another new generation of gaming
. I'll have superior micromanagement in my Real-TIme Strategy games. heck I'll probably even beat the pros.

Well, when this thing gets popular the doctors will tell us that video games are not good at training dexerity.

[edit on 4/13/2008 by die_another_day]

new topics

top topics

join