It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the debunker became the theorist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
So lets just say we have a flyover by "ufos" that is reported as worldwide news with video on each network of the craft in high definition. There is no question that a unknown craft flew over that has characteristics we have only dreamed of.

My question is the following and is just for fun. Please answer honestly. If you believe there is NOTHING to the UFO phenomena as of today would you say "damn I cant believe it, it was true" or would you say " nope its government craft". Now I know its hard to say how you would react. I just want some honest opinions on how you believe you would react.

I just think it would be interesting and wonder if rolls would reverse. Would the "conspiracy theorist" who believes in ufos now become the debunker's of the government craft theory that would arise? Sorry guys, Im bored and have wondered this before so I thought I would ask.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by shug7272
If you believe there is NOTHING to the UFO phenomena as of today...

Don't take this wrong, but you may be asking the wrong audience. I can't think of a single regular contributor or poster in this forum that has ever given the impression they think there is NOTHING to the phenomena. Regardless of their perceived status as a debunker, skeptic, believer, experiencer, whatever. Most of the contributors here seem to be of pretty sound mind....and when presented with the right evidence.....I think they'd change their opinions to fit that evidence.

"Characteristics we have only dreamed of"....means what? Much of the technology now in use has characteristics we only dreamed of a relatively short time ago. So, not to rain on the parade, but a craft having characteristics we've only dreamed of is still no solid indication of alien origination. Although, I can imagine some actions that might be inarguable, like maybe a death ray frying Washington DC (hmmm....). Tends to give it more support, sure. But unless there's a little skinny grey arm flippin' a bird.....critical thinking permits the doubt.

join