It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tibet protest photos March 14-17, 2008

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Wikileaks has released over 150 censored photos and videos of the Tibet uprising and has called on bloggers around the world to help drive the footage through the Chinese internet censorship regime — the so called "Great Firewall of China"
Please help WikiLeaks spread these important photos of the Tibetan struggle which have been censored by the Chinese Public Security Bureau.

WARNING. These photos and Video can be disturbing to younger and sensitive viewers. Parental Advisory Suggested.

Videos

With this thread my hope is to bring awareness to the freedoms and rights being under attack by the Chinese government. " As knowledge flows across the world it is time to sum great freedoms of every nation and not subtract or divide them. Let us then unite in common purpose for the surest way to protect the freedoms of any nation is to protect the freedoms of every nation."

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Master_Wii]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Tibetans have become prisoners in their own land. Thousands of people around the world marched, protested, prayed, chanted, and held solemn vigils in support of the people of Tibet. It is recommended that supporters write to their Congressman and/or Senator.

Tibet.com

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I saw about 7 photos there out of the 150 and my suspicions have been confirmed.

Hopefully this will drive Bush to boycott the opening ceremony too.

edit; if anyone is reading ahead to see how people react to the images - they are graphic.

Looking through all of them would have made me physically sick.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
tibetans rank only the nineth in size of the population among all chinese minority groups ,do you believe the bigger eight other races should be independent too?china has 1.3billion people,han chinese acounts for 92% of the tatol,minorities make up 8%。

splittism is a problem not only china has ,a lot of countries have similiar problems,arousing hatred among different races in different multi racial countries amounts to stirring up a worldwide war,that is the true crime against whole humanity.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by beijinghaidian]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
there are tons of photos from chinese websites show the crulety and insanity of those rioters,they burned down the whole downtown area,attacked civilians,many inocent people died from the attack,all the tv footage and photos showed that,some girls were locked inside the store and burnt to death,names and photos all the informations you can easily get.stores were robbed,banks were looted,what do you expect any government do in that situation?try to talk them to reasons?

there are some photos you can check it out

you.video.sina.com.cn...

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Human rights should always be protected, regardless of location (continent, country, city, etc.).

Having lived the first days of my life under a fascist regime, I got a little understanding of what it means not to be free to express our ideas, and I always try to be on the side of freedom (when coupled with responsibility).

One thing I found strange when I started hearing about the disturbances in Tibet was that the Dalai Lama said to the people to be calm and stop the violence, and he even threatened to resign. The only reason for him to do this was the fact that the violence was from the part of some Tibetans, he was telling his people not to use violence.

I don't know what really happened on Tibet in these days and it started, but if the Dalai Lama was urging his people to stop the violence I don't think that the Chinese authorities were responsible for starting this wave of violence.

The fact that Tibet is an occupied country does not mean that the occupied people should accept the occupiers (its a situation similar to that of East Timor, a country that was once a Portuguese colony and was occupied by Indonesia), but burning houses and breaking shop's windows does not help anyone.

Chinese forces are known to not behave in a complacent way when dealing with violence, so it would be normal to have deaths as the result of a violent uprising.

About the photos, graphic and violent as they are, they do not show many people killed, they are (the ones I saw, maybe the first 20 or so) photos of only four (I think) people.

Four inocent people killed is four too many, but in all the photos presented there isn't one of Chinese forces attacking the people, so we have to accept (or not) the legend as truth.

Knowing what has happened in other occasion, I find it very likely that these people were really killed by Chinese authorities, but it's a little different from when the Indonesian troops attacked the people that were on peacefully a cemetery and church in East Timor.

I think that Tibet's case has been much overrated because of the religious differences and the popularity of Buddhism among rich people from "Western Countries".

I hope this situation would evolve peacefully and that, with time, Tibet can reach a bigger independence (they are an autonomous region) from China.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
what do you term "occupied",tibet was part of china centuaries before first europeans arrived in americas.the very title of "dalai lama"was given by the then central government,it is not even tibetan language,and the central government for centuaries involved in choosing new dalai lama and panchen lama,in beijing lama temple,there is a gold drawing pot,for several hundred years that item was used by central government and lamas together to choose new dalai lamas.each dalai lama and panchen lama should be approved and blessed by the central government.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
tibet in china is not a big minority group,we have eight minority group bigger than tibet in population, tibetan population is the same as the population in haidian district of beijing ,beijing has almost 20 districts.should all the minority people have their independence?look at the casualties caused by racial wars around the world,how many people are killed because of this kind of conflict every year,still i would say,stirring up racial hatred is to advocate world war,that is the true crime against the whole humanity!!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
there used to be a big picec of land inhabitted by numerous native people,and one day,some other people arrived in this vast land,driven out of their own land,they came cross the ocean to come here,they almost died out the first winter,casue they knew nothing about this land.the warm hearted native people offered a helping hand,gave them food,helped them to grow native crops to feed them,ungratefully,those new settlers killed off all the native people ,stole their land and claimed the land is theirs.

people live in glass house should not throw stones.america is a big big glass house.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by beijinghaidian

Although China may have had Tibet has part of its territory before, isn't it a fact that Tibet was (re-)occupied by China in the 20th century?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is funny and yet another media channel trying to jump on the Anti-China bandwagon.

Videos --> ALL WESTERN MSM footages and editting, and we all know they are biased and lying.

Photos --> Only first 20 or something pictures show some very physical bodies etc, the rest are are merely some normal pictures. Questions are from where the sources come and how many of those are actually Chinese victims with wrong text? If some of you take the liberty to scroll down first, you can see that Wikileaks even posted some of the pictures which are actually the VICTIMS of RIOTERS.

Man lying down --> confirmed to be a Han Chinese who was hurt, this was a picture mis-used by many Western MSM claiming that it was a Tibetan and also implied by Wikileaks.

Wikileaks: "In this image made from video and provided by APTN, a protestor speaks with authorities, Friday, March 14, 2008, in Lhasa, Tibet. Police fired tear gas to disperse Buddhist monks and others staging a second day of protests Saturday in western China in sympathy with anti-Chinese demonstrations in Lhasa, local residents said. (AP Photo/APTN)"

Well well, I did not know the Nepalese police is working for the Chinese government in Lahsa.

STOP LYING! START DENYING IGNORANCE!

Wikileaks:"** THIS CORRECTS SOURCE ** In this undated image taken Sunday, March 16, 2008, from China's CCTV and provided by APTN, Japanese tourists are led by police on a street in Lhasa, capital of southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region. Tibet's exiled government said Sunday that 80 people had been killed during protests in Lhasa as armed police and soldiers patrolled the capital's streets, enforcing a strict curfew in a security clampdown following violent demonstrations that drew negative publicity for China ahead of the Beijing Olympics. (AP Photo/CCTV via APTN) ** TV OUT, CHINA OUT **. Captured by Chinese TV but censored on other sites with differeing context."

Ironically Wikileaks apprently don't care so much of putting on the right text on each photo either. Or maybe Wikileaks mean the picture was censored on Western MSM sites with different contexts?

Another case confirmed to be a Han Chinese. Wikileaks implied it was yet another Tibetan.

One can only wonder what this site's motives are and what their agenda are. I have no mood in checking all the descriptions, which obviously lack any kind of reporting ethics.

Talking about sensational "independent neutral" reporting. I have yet to find any pictures and video footages from pro-Chinese protesters. Or is it an inconvenient truth? If Wikileaks decide to only post pictures and footages to fuel the Anti-China sentiments in the West, at least do some homework and remove the obvious lies.

EDIT: Note, I see that Wikileaks is blocked in mainland China now, for a good reason. Though I would rather see it being unblocked, because it will only be an extra proof how hypocrit and how these kinds of anti-China sites works with double-standards. (I was in Hong Kong this morning).

[edit on 13/4/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
countries expand and shrink in the history,no country is always the same size through out the history,how big was america 200 years ago ,should it be staying the same size?in last 150years china lost more than 3 milion square kilometers of its territory,due to the weakness of the country during that time,should china ask them back now?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Photos from March 14-17? Uh, it's just now become the 14th where I live. Where did these images come from? A time traveller? Meanwhile, these images are unsettling, to say the least.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Check your calendar......
Line 2

[edit on 4/14/2008 by Digital Deviance]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Ha hah ha! I just realized my mistake and came back her to apologize for a brain poof. lol. Yes, I must have been in a time warp, thinking it was march instead of april. lol. Thanks for being so kind as to my mistake and not raking me over the coals like some might have done. Maybe my bioligical calender was distrupted by this eerily cold spell we are having here in Kentucky. Dang fruit trees had to be covered last night to keep the blossoms of my peaches from freezing and having another year of no peaches!! ack!

[edit on 14-4-2008 by kyred]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master_Wii
With this thread my hope is to bring awareness to the freedoms and rights being under attack by the Chinese government.

Tibetans Rioters like the people in those photos posted killed 19 people including 2 police officers. The police at that point had every authority to put down these murders in any manner they wished to do so. They crossed the line between a protest and inciting hate. They got what they deserved.

Anyway is there any proof that the Chinese police actually did this?. The Tibetans have a habit of making false claims and openly lieing when it comes to their "cause". They used the picture below and claimed it was PLA soldiers staging the riots which have been utterly rebuked on the internet

This picture was made at least before 2003 after Monks refused to be part of a movie. PLA soldiers were ordered to put the robes on instead. The original source was buddhism.kalachakranet.org posted on the 20 march and the intention of posting the picture was to say that China did this already and they did it again coinciding with the "supposed" British report. It did not claim this was people who actually took part in the riots. The picture was first seen on the back-cover of the 2003 annual TCHRD Report

Again more false propaganda from these pro-Tibetans

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Funeral of PAP killed by Tibetan crowds after multiple wounds to the head. The PAP had EVERY right to resort to any means necessary to stop these thugs who went on and killed 22 innocent Chinese and Tibetans. If this was in the US where a policeman was killed you would probably see a lot of "deaths in custody"

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
These are seriously disturbing photographs. I agree it's hard to find out exactly what is happening since we don't have direct acces to Tibet. However we all know how China's propaganda works and therefor I'm more likely to believe what China says is not true. Also I know Budhists to be very peaceloving people. I'm not saying they will never do anything wrong, but in general I believe they are more peacefull than some other religions. I will spread these pictures amongst my friends.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Okay, i have a question for the pro-china members of ATS;

When you look at the pictures of wounded and deceased tibetans, do you think they just got that way because of some sort of magical bullet-fairy?

edit; Live rounds are NOT humane.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ambushrocks

Before you spread these pictures, you better make a note to them to that not all the pictures were during that period AND that most the descriptions are plainout out of context or simple lies.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join