It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatal blast in Iran is termed an accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Fatal blast in Iran is termed an accident

www.iht.com

TEHRAN: A blast in a mosque in Iran that killed at least 10 people was an accident and not an attack, a senior Interior Ministry official said Sunday.

Iranian media had previously reported that a bomb had gone off in a crowded mosque in the southern city of Shiraz on Saturday evening, leaving more than 160 people wounded in addition to the 10 killed.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Well now... given the tensions between the US and Iran I am surprised it was not blamed on us but given the fact that the Mosque's Mullah regularly railed against both Wahabism and the Baha'i' faith, I am equally surprised it wasn't blamed on them either... especially given the fact that the Iranian government is doing its best to eliminate both from its country.

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
First thing that I thought when reading about this in my local paper was: There were alerts of a false flag attack this weekend. What if the false flag will not be against US, but will be conducted so as to turn Mid-East countries more against each other?

If this was indeed the case and Iran realizes this also, it may try to downplay the situation and make it into a political issue. Iran may want to keep the Mid-East as united as possible, or at least not to separate it and incite conflict any further?

new topics

join