It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a small request regarding a man who predicted gas prices will reach $6 a gallon.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
A few months ago someone posted some videos of an old man who supposedly had insider information on the oil industry and believed that gas prices would reach around $6 before we see any decrease in price.

I think he was also on Coast2Coast with George Noory, but I cannot for the life of me remember his name.

Does anyone here know his name? It would be much appreciated.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Impreza]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I never saw it, but I do know a lady whom owns a gast station and she said by the end of June it will be up to $5 a gallon. Its almost $4 a gallon now, so I bet 10 to 1 it will reach $6 a gallon by the end of the year. Diesel is already almost $5 a gallon.

The worst part is the darn government isnt doing crap to cap the prices like they said they would do.

Hilda

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Why would the government do anything?

Big Goverment = Big Business. They're in bed together.

This is the definition of fascism according to Benito Mussolini.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

Hi Impreza. You may be referring to Lindsey Williams.

Yes, he was a featured guest on C2C last December.

Hope this is helpful.

Google vid. Lindsey Williams: The Energy Non-Crises

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This reminds me... I thought there was some Presidential Executive Order in place about what measures would be taken if oil went to a certain price? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Boy I tell you. If gas ever gets that expensive we won't need a market crash - our economy is going down the drains.

Our economy is already suffering because of high gas prices. I wouldn't be surprised if the satanist leeches that run the government-oil cabal are purposely letting gas prices go out of control in order to crash our economy.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I have got to admit this is the first time in my life that I have witnessed this fast a rise in fuel prices usually I do not give it much consideration but now I am beginning to think what is going on.

I am in the UK and because I run a diesel I am aware of the current local pump price of that particular fuel, it has gone up another penny in the last 2 weeks and seems to be getting into a rhythm increase over a similar period.

So not a very pleasant prediction.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa

I have got to admit this is the first time in my life that I have witnessed this fast a rise in fuel prices usually I do not give it much consideration but now I am beginning to think what is going on.

I am in the UK and because I run a diesel I am aware of the current local pump price of that particular fuel, it has gone up another penny in the last 2 weeks and seems to be getting into a rhythm increase over a similar period.

So not a very pleasant prediction.

You are so lucky then ours went up 9 cents in 3 days, and Heard yesterday it will go up 5 cents more by Wens. That will be 14 cents in one week time. I do know it has gone up over 40 cents a gallon in the past 2 weeks. I paid less then $3.05 a gallon and its now $3.49 a gallon and growing.

Hilda

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well, threre is a movie with Will Smith titled 'I Am Legend' depicting a post-apocalyptic world fro the near future, say 2009-2010....and the gas stations show prices of $6.29, or thereabouts.

WW

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Reply to hilda

You are so lucky then ours went up 9 cents in 3 days, and Heard yesterday it will go up 5 cents more by Wens. That will be 14 cents in one week time. I do know it has gone up over 40 cents a gallon in the past 2 weeks. I paid less then $3.05 a gallon and its now $3.49 a gallon and growing.

Hilda

Lucky, perhaps, but we buy fuel by the litre and I am paying currently £1.17.9 per litre so 1 US gallon = 3.78541178 litres.

So if I was to buy 1 us gallon at this price it would be £4.46.

Now the current exchange rate is 1 British pound = 1.9706 U.S. dollars

So for 1 us gallon I am paying $8.78

Perhaps not quite that lucky

[edit on 13-4-2008 by sherpa]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

In that case We are the lucky ones I cant imagine paying over $8 a gallon for gas, that will be when I hook my dogs up to a sled to go back and forth to the store. Or buy a horse. At least the horse will mow the lawn, and fertilize it as well as be free from fuel charges.

Hilda

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

sherpa, this points out a basic problem with most Americans, and their ability (or inability) to comprehend what happens outside their borders.

It also is connected to the difficulty of most US citizens to understand the difference between the 'English' system and the 'metric' system of volume measure.

As a citizen, born in this country, I still remain apalled and in awe of the stupidity of many of my fellow citizens. Correct that...maybe not stupidity, but just plain ignorance?

Americans go to the grocery store, and buy milk in gallons or half-gallons, yet they also buy water in metric system, as in, 750ml, or one litre. What is more, most alcohol sold in the US now in the metric system...but the people don't seem to notice, nor care, nor do they attempt to learn the metric system....

Frankly, I am tired of trying to remember how many cups are in a pint, how many pints in a quart...and don't get me started on Teaspoons and Tablespoons!!!!

There was an effort, here in the US, three decades ago, to convert, gradually to the metric system, so we'd be up to the World's standards....it died, the effort, in the delivery room....probably because someone mistook 2cc for 2cubic inches....

Joke, that.

Seems a particularly dogged need to hang on to that old bone did the metric system in, in the US....despite the fact that our geographic neighbors, Canada and Mexico, use the metric system!

After three decades, if it had been allowed to go forward, we'd be there now. A crying shame, so many idiots are allowed to have positions of 'power'....

WW

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

What is there to learn? Every 1000 you go up a step. As long as you can remember the deci, centi, milli, kilo, etc.

Actually, I didn't think anything about this board being international until I started seeing the common misspellings. Like "utilisation." Is "Z" only used in the American language? And where/when did the name of "Z" change? Yanks call it "zee," while Brits call it "zed."

Sorry about the side track.

I'm glad somone said something about the price of gas elsewhere. I was wondering if it was just an American problem. It took me $9 to fill up last time, and if a gallon reaches $4, it will cost me $12. Thank God I've got a motorcycle!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I am sick of the gas prices, they blame it on the traders supposedly that are trading oil instead of the worthless dollar...also think of this, if there is a 2012 event, are the elites making a run on the table by cashing in on everything they can at the consumers expense, subprime top skimming investors that already made their money in the beginning now we are left with the aftermath, big oil companies getting as much money as they can from high gas before doomsday, but where would they go, according to what i read on 2012 the pole shift will occur, the earths mantle will also shift so underground is not a safe where do they go?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I have a friend in Israel and she tells me to not complain about our rising gas prices because she pays much more than Americans. I can understand her point of view, but we in America are experiencing astronomic percentage increases in the cost of fuel, while her cost remains about the same. Our economy in the U.S. is dependant on the price of fuel and such a large increase is doing its damage and will continue to do more to the economy.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1
reply to post by Impreza

Hi Impreza. You may be referring to Lindsey Williams.

Yes, he was a featured guest on C2C last December.

Hope this is helpful.

Google vid. Lindsey Williams: The Energy Non-Crises

Yes, that's the person I've been looking for, OBE1. Thank you very much for your help.

I suggest you guys watch that video that OBE1 has posted, it will blow you away.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
oil is a finite resource. It's price will always go up. Even if we find huge reserves do you really think they will lower the price? It will keep going up until it can't go any higher (as in too many people will stop driving because of the price)
Then when alternative energy finally picks up, its price will be similar to petrol when it will be dumped

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
People around ca have been predicting and knew about this for about 2 years now. Its nothing new..

Were almost at $5 here in San francisco!!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
It will not reach a $6 average.

Heres why: with prices as they are now, oil companies have already seen a 2% drop in consumption, sounds like nothing but in big oil terms thats a decent hit (not enough to lower prices).

At $4 its expected most Americans will reach their breaking point in terms of being able to afford gas. Things are already as tight as can be financially.

I can say with deep confidence, the oil companies are basically fielding out how high they can get away with. It will continue to happen up until we have a new president.

I dont expect any of you to believe me, but mark my words, a year from now you will come back to this thread and realize I was right. In fact, I offer a challenge to any naysayers to sit back and watch. Drop me a PM if I turn out to be wrong.

Americans will soon show their true colors if the oil prices continue to rise.

Before you criticize, do keep in mind im speaking average costs nationwide.

Currently the average sits around $3.35.

[edit on 4/14/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

If it's all part of a plan, then you wouldn't know the answer unless you're in on the plan. And believe me, this sort of business runs on long-term plans, otherwise they'd be in the money-losing business.

Seeing as how you're most likely not involved or have any insider information, and you're not basing your opinion on an educated guess, how can you expect anyone to believe you?

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Impreza]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join