It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah Witnesses is the internet rubish to them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
ok i have been arguing with my girlfriend about her religion, i told her that her bible has been rewriting 136 times and it has had 6 failed prophecy's but they have a excuse every time.

now her response was the internet is rubbish?

is that some kind of response they are taught if someone questions their religion?

please help me it scares me to see someone like this.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Jehovah Witnesses is the internet rubish to them?

I think they have a website, so I'll have to go with, um, no.

Btw, how is this a conspiracy?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
its to do with religion.

and i'm looking to debunk her religion.

I'm not religious myself i don't believe going and studying some stuff that it will make me spiritual.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

I see what you're saying. You're involved with a JW girl. Tough row to hoe man. The religion is damn important. The fact that you, a non-witness, even has a relationship here speaks volumes. Life happens. A hard road ahead. It's up to you as to whether it's worth it.

Btw, I'm still not seeing a conspiracy here. No biggie. Just a note.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I used to study with them about 2 years ago.

I started researching their history on the internet and
asked them about it, that the Bible instructs to stay away from people
proclaiming to be of God who make predictions that dont come true, and
we know the JW's have made quite a few.

The JW's in my group told me that God did not reveal enough
info for them to make a correct prediction and the truth and light
are being revealed to them more as we get closer to the end.

Yeahh right, I said. If you are from God and he doesnt reveal enough
info about the future , then you wouldnt make false predictions, you would
just say "I don't know, God hasnt revealed that to me".

Anyway, they didnt say anything to me about the internet and they knew thats where I did my research.

Its very simple reasoning that they are not of God.
Just answer these questions with a simple yes or no.
Have the JW's claimed to be prophets of God? yes
Does the Bible state false prophets are not of God(Deut18:22)?yes
Have the JW's made false predictions? yes
Very simple. They are not of God, but of Satan.

Anyway , I stopped studying with them.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
its like they shape there stuff to go with what is happening in there jurisdiction.

i have been told its just a well prepared script that is read out to the group to make them scared to do anything normal.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by josephine
I used to study with them about 2 years ago.

I started researching their history on the internet and
asked them about it, that the Bible instructs to stay away from people
proclaiming to be of God who make predictions that dont come true, and
we know the JW's have made quite a few.

The JW's in my group told me that God did not reveal enough
info for them to make a correct prediction and the truth and light
are being revealed to them more as we get closer to the end.

Yeahh right, I said. If you are from God and he doesnt reveal enough
info about the future , then you wouldnt make false predictions, you would
just say "I don't know, God hasnt revealed that to me".

Anyway, they didnt say anything to me about the internet and they knew thats where I did my research.

Hello Josphine

Could i ask you what faith you have now? I hope you are still with God :0)

all the best

David

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
hey don't go off topic we are talking about one thing here.

this is why i posted this under conspiracy's in religion.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

How do you have a J W girlfriend?
Have you ever been to the Kingdom Hall?
Have you ever been to her house?
Or, Does she only see you at your house?
Some thing seems funny, here, to me.
Is she a loner, with no friends and no family?
Just wondering.
Normaly, she would be in serious trouble, if what you say is true.
You should better describe her as a former JW.
I do not want to be mean, exactly, but my understanding is that she should be dis-fellowshiped, at this point, either that or the JW's have fallen.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
what did they predict that didn't come true?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by josephine

Originally posted by josephine

Everything is from God. But not everything that is from God has done the will of God.

I do not agree with your conclusion in saying they are of Satan. Everything that is associated with Satan is against the will of God and while many may not agree with their path, they are allowed their path to the Truth as we all are.

Trust in God

Peace

[edit on 13-4-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Don't take my previous post personaly.
It is just that the frinds that I knew, who I used to go to kingdom hall with, all got bumped out in a sort of chain reaction that started with one girl (a JW) who hooked up with another of my friends, who was not a JW.
The elders told her to stop it and when she refused, she was shunned, or whatever they call it.
Once she was kicked, anyone who continued to be her friend were shunned, to.
I have to agree with another coment, above, not just for your self but, anyone who knows her.
If the JW's have changed in the last 25 years, then, just ignore what I said.
If they did change and tolerate this sort of relationship, to me, a bad indication about their religion.
Either way, it can not look good for them.
----------------------------------
As for the internet thing, every religion is going to have negative stuff about them, on it.
They just ignore it and choose not to deal with it.
Not just the JW's but anyone.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
i stayed a week with her and her mum.

we was secretly going out behind her back and sleeping together.

Oh and she told the elders she might be pregnant to me and they said oh well whats done is done.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
i grew up JW. i was never baptized because i never felt i was able to completely devote myself to it even though all my JW friends were baptized. i felt that by getting baptized i was making a promise of sorts to god that i knew i wouldn't be able to keep. i swore, played violent video games, watched movies that weren't G or PG (not a rule but some take it that far), etc.

there was never any problem with me having friends outside of the religion, but dating was going to be a problem. i never had a girlfriend until i decided that i wasn't a good fit for the religion and more or less gave it up - somewhere around 19. until i started thinking for myself i felt that if i dated a "worldly" girl that i would offend god and if i dated a witness then i would drag her down with me. my teenage years would have been extremely lonely if it hadn't been for my friends from school. aside from not celebrating holidays i had a pretty "normal" life. my family wasn't psychotic about it so there was nothing to remind anyone that i was different than them. some were even envious that i didn't have to salute the flag in school every morning.

over time i started to pick apart and analyze everything i was taught. one of the things i couldn't get past was this: if someone is shown "the truth" and they defy it, they are not worthy of the "new system". there is no hell, they just won't be a part of the new world when it is remade. i refused to believe so many good-willed people would be excluded from some plan just because they didn't abandon whatever faith they already had. i even wondered "who the hell am i to tell someone they're not following the right religion?" it was then that i decided that religion is just ice cream. i might like chocolate, you might like vanilla, but in the end it's all just ice cream and there is no "best" flavor. that may seem like common sense to a lot of people, but to someone in my position, it's hard to accept, but i know i'm better for it.

that said, i have the utmost respect for JW's. even though you may not agree with their bullet points, their overal moral fiber is pretty commendable. the congregation i belonged to helped my family more than we could ever repay and i believe i'm a pretty balanced and moral person from growing up around them.

didn't mean to hijack the thread. just thought i would share some insight based on my own experience. anyway, yeah that relationship won't work unless someone gives in. she will either be disfellowshipped (shunned/kicked out) or you will need to start studying with them and "convert" as you "worldy" people say. =)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
i'm looking to debunk her religion.

probably a bad idea, and not the right approach. instead of trying to debunk something you don't understand, have her explain it to you. Maybe you will find out that neither of you understand it very much...

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
Maybe you will find out that neither of you understand it very much...

Well stated

Peace

[edit on 14-4-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
i ha ve started doing exactly what u have stated i am starting to realize her side but she has to also have a open mind that there could be more possibilitys as to why the world would end.

like why would god let us destroy this beautiful earth if there was a god he wouldn't he would destroy the people doing this.

But there could be more to the apple.

after god destroys these people it could happen again and again.

i suppose i just have to have faith i sometimes believe i am hear for a purpose.

maybe she might be my light guiding me to god, my faith that he does exist and i can have the life i want with her.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
to answer your question of why would god let this happen...i'm telling this from a JW perspective (what i remember - could be innaccurate) and should not be construed as my personal belief.

the humans are on their own right now for the most part. when the whole garden of eden/adam & eve thing started, everything was "perfect". no death, sickness, etc. when they sinned, god basically disowned them for betraying him and more or less told them they were on their own since they didn't feel they needed him. Jesus dying for us helped save us to a degree, but we're still not worthy of that "perfect" life yet. things will get really bad. wars, famine, etc. even though all of this is going on, eventually the leader(s) of the world will declare "true peace and security". that's where they get into revelation and the destruction of most of what we know in this world. the "wicked" will be annihilated, etc and after that's done we start to rebuild. in this new system we will have reattained that perfection that was lost. people will again live indefinitely and in harmony with all other life on the planet. i seem to remember that being only another "period" though...something about satan having a chance to rule because he though he was so awesome...don't remember the details or ordering on that though, i could be mistaken.

anyway, i don't think that differs all that much from the core christian belief system. if that's something you're into then i can't say i would dissuade you from it. as i see it it's no different than considering going catholic or baptist, etc. i would ask that you keep an level head and stay objective though. if it makes sense to you then good for you. but if things don't make sense, or you have that voice int he back of your head telling you that it's not right, then listen to it.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I have been looking back at old posts.

Also I have worked it out, Stay Away from JW girls, I think they are hypocrites. They live a double life and standards to their religious faith.

top topics

join