It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinformationists....where?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
For example, after providing statistical data about the economy and explaining the correct methodology surrounding an economic depression it apparently meant I was a government agent according to one member

I hear you there

I was accused of being a government agent (and a US government agent at that, not even American) for explaining how contrails are formed and information on upper air weather conditions. Oh and also for being a meteorologist

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
If I had to pick one, I'd pick John Lear. Some of his claims were just crazy. But he has "credibility" so a lot of people believe everything he says.

Also, Piacenza. What got me was when he posted a video of birds and claimed it was "incredible alien morphing technology". And Lear chimed in that Piacenza might actually have something.

Look up their threads if you don't believe me.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I was finally labeled a "disinfo" agent after routinely and thoroughly discrediting a particular poster's "evidence", conclusions, and assertions.

I learned, if someone can't face critical scrutiny, answer probing questions, or simply doesn't care enough to.....they throw "disinfo agent" at ya'. *Problem solved....you're a disinfo agent, I don't have to deal with you.*

[edit on 13-4-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by Creo Coactum
So I take it that everyone posting in here is a disinfo agent.

Thanks for leting us know who you are.

If you are accusing us....please give a reason why you think we are disnfo agents

If you notice this video and watch what is happening in it. It is a clear example of disinformation.... What I'm saying is that with all the information and emotional comments made on ATS, it's easy to loose focus on the big picture.

That is what this video shows... that it's not about counting how many times that ball was passed but rather the clear distraction in the middle. So in this way we all become unpaid disinformation agents, divide and conquer. It’s easy to loose focus and get distracted. And all of us are to blame for that because we let our emotions get the better of us instead of clear headed thinking. And I thought that this video explained it all, I guess I was wrong and have to spell it out.
It's hard to get to the bottom of anything unless someone gives into the proof but how can they? Especially when they don't understand it, hence each side believes that they are right and the other is wrong which leads to all sorts of crap.

Here is the video one more time.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Creo Coactum]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well, since it seems that this thread has gone haywire (no disrespect OZ) I have a suggestion. How about someone claims to be a Disinformation Agent and then we try to prove it?

I volunteer
"I'm a Disinfo Agent!"

But seriously, I think the masses wouldn't know a true Disinfo Agent if they were sitting there having tea together. To most people whose posts I've read a DIA would be the person who doesn't believe what they are posting or someone who is intelligent enough to argue the other side of the debate. A true agent, disinfo or genuine would probably not even be noticed in the bigger sense over the screamers and yellers who only post because the topic goes against their status quo.

Dang, Mr. Penny beat me to my own sentiment!!!

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Apex Predator]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I never considered you a disinfo agent ... in fact, I so appreciate your meteorological expertise that the only ATS bookmark I have is: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I appreciate the very rare few logical thinkers I see on this site.

You might also want to check out this site on clouds, for your collection. The page is so intensive in pictures, it takes me over an hour on dialup to cache it! valuca.piczo.com...

Edited to update with corrected URL.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Creo Coactum

Oh DARN IT!

You gave it away, Creo. This was used in one of our annual 're-current training' Ground School courses at my Airline.

The point was to indicate how a person can 'focus' and miss the 'big picture' in the process.

This seems to be applicable to many of the silly 9/11 conspiracy claims already out there, as well....hmmmmm....

Time to post this video over there, please?

WW

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Ok, thankyou

Sorry if I seemed rude before, now I understand what you were getting at, will watch the video soon (at work, a tad busy at the moment)

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well, if you substitute "Propoganda poster" for "Disinfo agent" I'd say there are quite a few.
Thanks to this thread I just now learned that I have a few friends and a few foes (more friends than foes, so I'll bow to the public). I never noticed before, and have never added anyone to either list, maybe I'll do so for kicks now. I have not been labeled a disinfo agent yet, but there is still hope I can turn into atleast a "shill."
I beginning to heavily suspect the OP though. What better way to cast aside doubt than start a thread like this one?! Brilliant (if evil)...

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Seriously SC...how could anyone FOE - SANTA CLAUS

God knows, I try and keep on his good list

MMMMMMMMMMMKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY

[edit on 13-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
I beginning to heavily suspect the OP though. What better way to cast aside doubt than start a thread like this one?! Brilliant (if evil)...

Yes, you can add me...other already had long before I posted this. In fact the accusations were the whole reason for this thread

Maybe your providing disinfo of me being a disinfo agent

Evil? Its my avatar isnt it.....leave my beautiful black dog alone

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Yep. That Oz. Secret gubberment agent hiding out on ATS

Thats why I befriended him. I just knew he was some agent and Im determined to find out secrets.
I will spill what I find out for a price

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Ok, thankyou

Sorry if I seemed rude before, now I understand what you were getting at, will watch the video soon (at work, a tad busy at the moment)

No problem and no need to say sorry as I didn't take any offence. But that's exactly what I was trying to point out; when we don't understand something we jump to other conclusions. But now that you stated that you understand you'll see it differently, I hope. Our human nature is to blame for probably everything that is going on. Once we understand how it is that we can be fooled, only then will we be able to point fingers at anyone else. Bottom line whom ever stated or pointed fingers at you being a disinformation agent probably jumped to a conclusion based on emotions rather than clear rational thinking. Some people have high hopes on some beliefs based on previous learning and they are trying to get at that, once that information is challenged by someone else it’s easy to take it as if they are attacking your beliefs and shattering your hope of that being true. Even though together we can uncover the truth but we must keep in mind that in process we shouldn’t take it personally. Here is an example I’ve seen.

Person A is trying to prove that there is life on MARS via photos etc. Person A has in most cases high hopes of finding something related to that otherwise why post such a topic if it’s not of any interest to the poster.

Person B is sharing their knowledge on Person A findings which may not be in favour of Person A’s findings.

Person A jumps to the conclusion that Person B is a disinformation agent etc.

Mean while the truth is that we are being lied to, by the main sources of our information perhaps NASA or some other source for the pictures. (Bigger Picture)

In conclusion, the efforts of A and B are lost because the photos may not be the real thing and neither is closer to the truth than they were prior to their attempt at collaboration.

Bottom line is that we don’t need go into as many details as we do or focus so hard on something because we loose track of the bigger picture. Bigger picture is that there is life out there and why is government lying to us. We need to focus on asking them, bombard them a million emails a year and they may give you clues because at the end of the day they are just like you behave just like you and some one will slip up somewhere giving credence for further action or some may release something by mistake and the you’ve got some real proof.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Knowledge is power... Understanding it is the key to using it." Creo Coactum

Anyways, all that I have stated in all my posts is my opinion based on observation of what going on as a big picture.

“The truth can be reviled based on the way we think and behave. If we understand how we think and behave; then we have a greater chance at getting at the truth.” Creo Coactum

Just trying to do my part and help out.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hmm... Although I don't usually post in the 9/11 forums, but every now and then, I do lurk there sometimes. The one person that sticks out to me the most is, yes, you guessed it, CaptainObvious. He's rude and brings a lot of debunked stuff and calls it evidence that the original story is true. He's like a cd that has scratches and keeps skipping, saying the same stuff over and over agian and people disproving him over and over agian. He never posts in any other forums, it's like he's paid to just constantly keep his attention to that section all the time. Plus, he never admits he's wrong when people prove him wrong, he just changes subjects, bobbin' and weavin'. And as a last resort he turns to personal attacls to try and discredit another by attacking them personaly. Of course nobody has any proof that anyone is a disinfo agent, all we have is speculation.

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

"Why dont you name the members you think are trying to mislead the ATS population and why you think they are providing false info or covering up stuff?"

That would be impossible! All we can do is to observe and make mental notes. Perhaps posting a list of "popular methods used", for those who are new, but to start accusations will only achieve additional chaos.

Lets just say for the sake of argument, that we do it. What's to stop the perp from changing his nik? So then you'd be on the hunt for the old perp with a new nik, raising all kinds of accusations and stirring up trouble!
Seems like a lot of trouble with no long term payoff.

The best method may be, to just voice your opinion without being harsh, then let it drop. Not many folks will just change their minds because of a comment or an accusation, the best you can hope for is for an innocent to see the point you made without having a hissy fit over it., and now they can just think it over, without any added drama.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I find it extremely easy to assume that there are people on ATS spreading disinformation and it makes a lot of sense for there to be. I don't keep a record of any names, I rarely pay attention to names in the first place. I'm not aware of a larger site that discusses conspiracies. I see the repeated hoaxes as an attempt to kill credibility and to keep the forums in such strong doubt and distrust. I believe that many trolls or flamers or whatever you call it could very well be here to aggravate members into leaving this site. I see a lot of strong pro-government propaganda here too, not to say that there are not patriotic users here.

Certainly if we were able to identify and provide proof then they would be terrible agents. And the mods probably would not be happy if people were doing that in this thread.

I don't recall ever seeing you post but I think you could be a disinfo agent because that doggy is cute enough for me to believe everything you say.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted

"Why dont you name the members you think are trying to mislead the ATS population and why you think they are providing false info or covering up stuff?"

I would like to add my opinion here.

Hey, I would suggest that let's not start a witch hunt of any kind. Just take the info and working out for yourself. The truth will become understood by those that understand. All we can do is post all the info and I'm sure everyone is more that capable of thinking for themselves and figuring out the truth, eventually. Let's not waste more time by looking for people that may or may not exist or by pointing fingers etc.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creo Coactum

Originally posted by toasted

I would like to add my opinion here.

Hey, I would suggest that let's not start a witch hunt of any kind. Just take the info and working out for yourself. The truth will become understood by those that understand. All we can do is post all the info and I'm sure everyone is more that capable of thinking for themselves and figuring out the truth, eventually. Let's not waste more time by looking for people that may or may not exist or by pointing fingers etc.

I actually go the thread idea over another post where a member said they would be coming back with a list of all the disinfo agents here. Its the members that repeatedly claim over and over again that there are government agents on thios site working together to spread disinformation

Here's the thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its not intended to be a witch hunt, the intention was to name someone, and give a reason why, and then hopefully have the accused defend their actions

[edit on 13/4/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Even disinfo is a form of free speech. As long as someone doesn't violate the site's rules of conduct. The site seeks the 'truth", but even lies, and misdirection taken as a whole and in context, can help frame the truth.
You might search for such posters, after a questionable event. You could probably notice them more. It's pretty quiet now.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I hope there are DisInfo agents here.

As someone who has been accused of being CoIntelPro myself, I think this whole thing is crap.

DisInfo agents on this site would be a sign of how healthy the content is. If someone wants to spread disinfo here, we must be doing something right(for this reason I think ATS does not have any agents... at least not recently because the content has tended to suck).

One thing to remember about disinfo is that it is almost as revealing as credible information. One can learn a lot from counterintelligence.

I welcome any and all DisInfo agents, and all of their ideas. DisInfo, if analyzed logically, narrows the field of information, bringing us closer to the underlying truth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join