It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas School Suspends Student for Answering Call in Class From Dad in Iraq

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'm with Jedimiller on this. The school has rules and like it or not those rules need to be adhered to. I don't buy the argument that just because its a soldier calling his son from the battlefield that those rules should be relaxed. If memory serves the father signed up/volunteered for service. Take your lumps. The school can't just look the other way because then you've drawn a new line in the sand for other violations of school policy. Where does it end? I don't think the military would take too kindly to having their families calling their soldiers ad-hock regardless of the plausibility. Rules are rules.

brill

[edit on 13-4-2008 by brill]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
You guys are looking in the wrong direction totally...

We shouldn't be focusing on 'Oh, since his dad is in the war I don't respect him' ...

The war has almost nothing to do with it; its the fact that a child is deprived from his guardian,parent,supporter,teacher,hero and doesn't have the means to contact him, EVER. And now, he gets a phone call from him, maybe the last time he'll ever hear his freakin' voice, maybe cause he knew he might die that same night and he wanted to tell his child that he loved him one last time, and you guys say the kid should get freakin' suspended? I have lost alot of respect, seriously, I am against the war, but I am not agaisnt depriving a dad from his child, no way in hell.

The dad could've been on a business trip for all I care with no means of communication, the war isn't the big issue here.

For god's sake...

-Jimmy-

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05
reply to post by jfj123

Too bad these "bullets" have FREE WILL .

What a poor argument..

So you don't blame the administration for lying and starting the war but the soldiers who are just doing their jobs?

So if the company that loads your dads truck, puts illegal cargo in it, your dad should go to jail regardless of whether or not he knows the cargo is illegal.

YES my father is responsible for checking his own load . That means going over everything and looking for possible things out of place and accounting for every package before he leaves. So the company at the other end cant claim something wasn't shipped.
That IS his job ya know..

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

Your illogical thought process to this situation is laughable at best... Keep following the rules pal. You are a good foot soldier for the state.

The rest of us will encourage kids like this and their families while we will despise you and your kind and that is what you hate the most. You hate the idea of a nation that supports their families in a time of need.

You hate the fact that some rules just don't apply and common sense needs to take front seat to bureaucrats and their "rules."

The one that made this stupid decision to suspend this kid probably goes home at night and doesn't have to worry or never had to worry about a loved one. We can only hope that changes real soon for them. We hope it changes for all those that encourage this ignorant notion that the love for family and country is a bad thing while the state is all knowing.

This will give people like them and you something to worry about other than some kid talking to his father on the phone.

Off topic comments removed.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexed
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

Your illogical thought process to this situation is laughable at best... Keep following the rules pal. You are a good foot soldier for the state.

Your entitled to your opinion i suppose.

The rest of us will encourage kids like this and their families while we will despise you and your kind and that is what you hate the most. You hate the idea of a nation that supports their families in a time of need.

Good for you go cry to someone else. I dont care . See that . Me = no care

You hate the fact that some rules just don't apply and common sense needs to take front seat to bureaucrats and their "rules."

The one that made this stupid decision to suspend this kid probably goes home at night and doesn't have to worry or never had to worry about a loved one. We can only hope that changes real soon for them. We hope it changes for all those that encourage this ignorant notion that the love for family and country is a bad thing while the state is all knowing.

Pure speculation.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

Off topic comments removed

[edit on 13-4-2008 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

What a poor argument..

So you don't blame the administration for lying and starting the war but the soldiers who are just doing their jobs?

So if the company that loads your dads truck, puts illegal cargo in it, your dad should go to jail regardless of whether or not he knows the cargo is illegal.

YES my father is responsible for checking his own load . That means going over everything and looking for possible things out of place and accounting for every package before he leaves. So the company at the other end cant claim something wasn't shipped.

reply to post by jfj123

What a poor argument..

That is pure B.S. Truckers haul loads in sealed trailers all the time. They put a seal on them to prevent the drivers from seeing what's inside or to prevent theft.

Sealed Trailer

So you are saying if your father is hauling a sealed load that is illegal he should go to jail for hauling illegal cargo? I hope it happens some day.... Your "rules"... you live with them...

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

No the war comes from the Bush administration. The troops are like a bullet in a gun. Do you blame the bullet when someone pulls the trigger or do you blame the person that pulled the trigger?

Except these soliders have a brain and free will. Bullets don't.

But your right about one thing both the bullets and the soldiers are slaves to their owners.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

HE seals the trailer... Do you know anything at all about the trucking industry?

He also loads it . He NEVER gets an already sealed trailer.

Once the trailer is sealed at pick-up, the shipment remains undisturbed until delivered

From YOUR source . Lol did you even read it?
www.roadway.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The personal insults and attacks are done now.

Back on topic. We're not discussing eachother.

Thank You.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Grow up . I dont care how you feel or how much you want me to die . Your nothing .. Delusions of grandeur are sometime mis represented as actual supremacy. As must be the case here .

I didn't say I wanted you to die...
You read the post, you know what I said.

Everything is not as black and white as you would like them to be. Seeing as you are a rule follower I can understand how you would not take the call or if you did you would accept that you should be punished for it.

Some people are weak minded and should be controlled. You must be one of those people. I doubt this kid will be anything like you and that is a good thing...

He did the right thing and he was punished. Who here is worse off though? The kid or the school that was blasted in the media? I think the school administrators have major egg on their face and they will think twice next time. The schools "rights" were the real victim here and that was the best part about this entire situation....

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I think the kids that had to put up with this kid distracting the class lost out.

Keep justifying what he did and you will never see who lost out in this situation.

Im not some blind rule follower . I know what rules are in place for what reasons. Teach you kids whatever you want . When your visiting them in prison say hi for me .

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

HE seals the trailer... Do you know anything at all about the trucking industry?

Once the trailer is sealed at pick-up, the shipment remains undisturbed until delivered

www.roadway.com...

He does not seal every trailer or watch every load. You ever hear of drop and hook? That's when the trailer is already loaded and sealed and you just pick it up.

Now by your standards if he was caught hauling illegal cargo because of a drop and hook he should go to jail. No gray area. Its all black and white right?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

I promote peace and love and good will to all man kind.

Not based on your posts.

And your just promoting hate murder violence

I have never said or implied that here in any way. I personally believe the Iraq war is illegal and the current administration should be jailed for violating constitutional lawS.

and think that soldiers kids are special cause there daddy are off murdering people somewhere . boo hoo

How sad people actually think as you do.

I'm the bad guy ?

YES !!!

I ASK the world to think . I dont tell them or even think they will listen . Especially not with all these murders happening all day every day .

Even someone is shooting at you and you shoot back, are you a murderer or are you defending yourself. If someone is shooting at innocent people and you shoot them to save those people, are you a murderer or a hero?

Bring the troops home . Problem solved..

This is the ONLY thing you've said that I agree with. Bring our BRAVE soldiers home NOW.

link   

No by my logic . A kid bringing a phone to school and knowing its against the rules should draw a suspension . You are not even in the right ballpark . Your playing tennis in Athens with a basketball..

link   

www.roadway.com...

You are also telling me your father never does his log book, sleep or grab something to eat while he is being loaded? He just watches someone load his truck no matter how long it takes?

Some are partially loaded and the other half of the load has to wait due to production. Are you telling me he pulls his truck away from the dock until the other half of the load is ready?

You need to talk to your father about how his job really works. I dount he goes by the "rules" all the time. I would bet you he fudges his log book to make it home once in a while. He should be put in jail for it though right?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
I'm with Jedimiller on this. The school has rules and like it or not those rules need to be adhered to. I don't buy the argument that just because its a soldier calling his son from the battlefield that those rules should be relaxed. If memory serves the father signed up/volunteered for service. Take your lumps. The school can't just look the other way because then you've drawn a new line in the sand for other violations of school policy. Where does it end? I don't think the military would take too kindly to having their families calling their soldiers ad-hock regardless of the plausibility. Rules are rules.

brill

[edit on 13-4-2008 by brill]

There are many, many military families that are apart for LONG periods of time and it is VERY common. Schools can easily implement a policy to allow short conversations with loved ones serving overseas. It's called supported the troops and giving back to them a little of what they've given for us.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This thread is degenerated into name calling and attack dogs.

I'm out. This debate is not worth discussing

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

I promote peace and love and good will to all man kind.

Not based on your posts.

Please point out where im spreading hate or anything like it?

And your just promoting hate murder violence

I have never said or implied that here in any way. I personally believe the Iraq war is illegal and the current administration should be jailed for violating constitutional lawS.

Good then you should see every death as a murder . exactly what it is .

and think that soldiers kids are special cause there daddy are off murdering people somewhere . boo hoo

How sad people actually think as you do.

Its really sad more dont..

I'm the bad guy ?

Originally posted by jfj123YES !!!

Says you..

I ASK the world to think . I dont tell them or even think they will listen . Especially not with all these murders happening all day every day .

Even someone is shooting at you and you shoot back, are you a murderer or are you defending yourself. If someone is shooting at innocent people and you shoot them to save those people, are you a murderer or a hero?

If im illegally invading there country and killing there familys . I say murder. Same as if you broke into a house and killed the people that had a gun to defend there home.

Bring the troops home . Problem solved..

This is the ONLY thing you've said that I agree with. Bring our BRAVE soldiers home NOW.

Glad we agree on something i suppose.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

What a poor argument..

Excellent so if the company hides something that he didn't find, he goes to jail and too bad for him because he was the driver and it's all his fault so prison time belongs to him WITHOUT MERCY or EXCUSE. He gets to rot in a cell.
Well if that's how you feel, fair enough. I hope for your dads sake, something like that never happens to him as you will have no compassion for him and you will say he volunteered so he deserves what he gets.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

www.roadway.com...

You are also telling me your father never does his log book, sleep or grab something to eat while he is being loaded? He just watches someone load his truck no matter how long it takes?

No he loads the trailer and does his log AFTER .. Pure logic Mr. Watson.

Some are partially loaded and the other half of the load has to wait due to production. Are you telling me he pulls his truck away from the dock until the other half of the load is ready?

No he pulls up to load when its ready . He obviously cant occupy the same space as another truck More logic for ya.

You need to talk to your father about how his job really works. I dount he goes by the "rules" all the time. I would bet you he fudges his log book to make it home once in a while. He should be put in jail for it though right?

If he gets caught yeah i guess so. But your still on about my dad and not the topic at hand . The mods have asked you twice already to get off the personal . But hey there just stupid rules right?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join