It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas School Suspends Student for Answering Call in Class From Dad in Iraq

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

lol your right!

and yeah, I believe they are.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
not a supporter of the troops eh?
so, you dont support regular people making a living and trying to raise a family.
you dont support the father, or mother, that is away from their child because they are serving some administration that even they dont agree with...
well, you must live a privileged life.
if only all of us had your patriotism... not for the war, or even America, but Americans themselves...

I don't support anyone who enters the military. What part don't you understand? Thanks for adding me to your foe list, your just another hater on the board. I don't see why we support families because their father's go to war. but you have to understand where i'm coming from, I don't like war, bush or defense. I think wasting money on tanks, jets, guns and helmets is a waste of money. You didn't read all my posts did you? I said I support the regular working man than anyone else. Soldiers are irregular, they run around in tanks, carry weapons and grenades..that's not regular. I am more patriotic than anyone will ever be!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller

not a supporter of the troops eh?
so, you dont support regular people making a living and trying to raise a family.
you dont support the father, or mother, that is away from their child because they are serving some administration that even they dont agree with...
well, you must live a privileged life.
if only all of us had your patriotism... not for the war, or even America, but Americans themselves...

I don't support anyone who enters the military.

Do you understand that the military protects our country? Without them we would be perceived as weak and open for invasion. Why don't you move to a country without a military and then post here and tell us how you like it. Put your money where your mouth is.

What part don't you understand? Thanks for adding me to your foe list, your just another hater on the board.

Your the one who's hating here. You hate the military and thus hate the freedoms their sacrifices have brought us.

I don't see why we support families because their father's go to war.

Because the families of soldiers make sacrifices too. It's VERY simple really.

but you have to understand where i'm coming from, I don't like war,

Nobody likes war except maybe bush and chaney. War is a horrible thing but until everyone on the planet agrees that war is bad and everyone should live and let live and we should never take advantage or abuse each other in any way-war and the military is necessary.

I think wasting money on tanks, jets, guns and helmets is a waste of money.

Those things protect us from being wiped off the earth by radicals who hate us and want us dead just because we're us. How is that a waste of money?

You didn't read all my posts did you? I said I support the regular working man than anyone else. Soldiers are irregular, they run around in tanks, carry weapons and grenades..that's not regular. I am more patriotic than anyone will ever be!

Calling yourself a patriot is an incredibly sad joke

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
Do you understand that the military protects our country? Without them we would be perceived as weak and open for invasion. Why don't you move to a country without a military and then post here and tell us how you like it. Put your money where your mouth is.

You're right. I don't understand. I've never seen anyone from the military protect anyone. It's usually the Police who does all the work around here. Let me ask you this, if someone blew up your home, who do you think will come to help you? the Marines? the Army? No. Most likely, fire department and Police. Those guys are protecting us! not the military in iraq shooting some guy with a stick in the desert. Why wont the military take down the guns and sell their tanks and protect us HERE!??

Invasion? are you smoking some terminally ill drug? invasions do not happen anymore. there are countries out there with no military at all and they are doing just fine. The only reason we have a military is to invade other countries because our military wants to be the world police. and they enjoy killing.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
reply to post by Odessy

It's actually an insult to the american people and the youth of america to not take a call from a government employee at a government school.

Edit to say: Is a soldier a government employee?

[edit on 4/15/2008 by Solarskye]

Yes we are government employees. Wow this thread has gotten way off topic, and I played some part in it. BUt on topic, yes rules are rules, but there are exceptions to rules. I personally think this should have been anexception. i keepseeing the post that " My dad is a truck driver....blah blah. Big difference is that truck driver can carry a cell phone, call home when he likes, isnt gone 15 months straight without seeing their family, can sleep in a decent bed or whatnot, and arent being shot at, mortared, blown up by IED's,etc. Big difference between that truck driver and the soldier. I signed up well before we were attacked on 9/11. So why criticize me for joining up to go to war when I joined before there was even a war to begin with. I have said plenty times on here that I joined to put food on my families table, to get outstanding job training, and get a good bit of help getting my degree so I could contribute to MY BELOVED COUNTRY in the civilian world. Apparently because I did these things I am not a respectable American. Imakes me sick to see people criticize our military and their families when they have no earthly idea what it is like over there. You sit in your comfortable chair behind your nice warm computer day in and day out. NO ONE UNDERSTANDS UNLESS THEY HAVE BEEN THERE!!! That kid shoulda have been given a free pass on that one. If students cant carry cellphones, then why should teachers be allowed to? It is a ton of BS!! If it was my kid and I got home from Iraq that school would get one hell of an ass chewing from me.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

You're right. I don't understand. I've never seen anyone from the military protect anyone. It's usually the Police who does all the work around here. Let me ask you this, if someone blew up your home, who do you think will come to help you? the Marines? the Army? No. Most likely, fire department and Police. Those guys are protecting us! not the military in iraq shooting some guy with a stick in the desert. Why wont the military take down the guns and sell their tanks and protect us HERE!??

Invasion? are you smoking some terminally ill drug? invasions do not happen anymore. there are countries out there with no military at all and they are doing just fine. The only reason we have a military is to invade other countries because our military wants to be the world police. and they enjoy killing.

Okay so we dont protect anyone? Hmm, so basically when another Hurricane or whatever destroys your town or some other natural disaster our military should in your opinion say " screw them, let their citizens protects themselves and offer aid and let their measley police force help". I think not. Countries with no military are usually countries who are not allowed to have a military and if they are it is really small ( i.e. Germany, Japan) If the American Military laid down their arms today this country would be the A-hole of the earth. We dont not have a military only to invade other countries or want to be the world police. You base your views off of our current administration. Enjoy killing!!!!!! I have killed a man before in Iraq!!!!You think I enjoyed that!!????? It was him or me. Because of that experience I am being discharged from the Army for Post Traumatic Stress! I cant go on knowing that blood was on my hands and Icannot wear the boots that are covered in blood. Icannot believe you think we enjoy killing people!!Look at what is going on in our own country with the murders and whatnot and compare that to Iraq. Back in the states people are being killed for no reason at all, compared to Iraq where we only kill to dfend ourselves. It is people like you that honestly make me hate to be an American at times. Deny Ignorance I think is the ATS motto. You honestly need to deny your own.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
another example of zero tolerence policy's being crap....

the kid should have been able to talk to his dad...

i know when i was in school if your parent needed you, you would get called to the office and either get the phone or handed a note to call your parent back...

this is bs.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

So I suppose any war that the US fights is for freedom right?

I believe every war the US has fought for has been for "freedom".
If you understand what George H.W. Bush meant by "...the Rule of Law, not the law of the jungle, governs the conduct of nations", and what those four words of the Law are, it's very obvious that they are fighting for "freedom".
As for the topic, I don't know. Rules are rules, but the kid should have been allowed to talk to his Dad.

[edit on 15/4/08 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

If you understand what George H.W. Bush meant by "...the Rule of Law, not the law of the jungle, governs the conduct of nations", and what those four words of the Law are, it's very obvious that they are fighting for "freedom".

PAUL, over in australia, do you feel that you have freedom? if so, how come you don't have armies fighting wars all over the world using your armies.

You see, freedom is being used as an excuse to kill and build an arrogant army of killers. We are all born with freedom, under god. We don't need some military fighting for that. I was born free, we all were.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
my husband travels, he has been home 3 days in the last two and half months, and yes the kiddos miss him. BUT he can call home anytime he wants, and as many times a day as he wants, and he isnt in danger of being attacked or killed or exploded. My kids can call dad anytime they want outside of school, that is not nearly the same thing as him being a soldier.

Life is not black and white, it just simply never is. Rules are there for a reason but common sense should always prevail. IMO The right of parent should overrule the right of the instititution in most cases anyway.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

PAUL, over in australia, do you feel that you have freedom? if so, how come you don't have armies fighting wars all over the world using your armies.

You see, freedom is being used as an excuse to kill and build an arrogant army of killers. We are all born with freedom, under god. We don't need some military fighting for that. I was born free, we all were.

If we are all born with freedom, then go be born as a woman in the middle east. lets see how much freedom you have. i cant believe this guy, i was already warned once because of my hate for him, im not letting it happen again

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I don't support anyone who enters the military. What part don't you understand? Thanks for adding me to your foe list, your just another hater on the board. I don't see why we support families because their father's go to war. but you have to understand where i'm coming from, I don't like war, bush or defense. I think wasting money on tanks, jets, guns and helmets is a waste of money. You didn't read all my posts did you? I said I support the regular working man than anyone else. Soldiers are irregular, they run around in tanks, carry weapons and grenades..that's not regular. I am more patriotic than anyone will ever be!

no... your not...

and there are military people that dont fight...

there mechanics, cooks, etc, that continue to do those jobs after service...

as far as me adding you to my foe list... yes, that way next time I see one of your posts I know to take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
another example of zero tolerence policy's being crap....

the kid should have been able to talk to his dad...

i know when i was in school if your parent needed you, you would get called to the office and either get the phone or handed a note to call your parent back...

this is bs.

and that is EXACTLY what should have happened in this instance.

Instead, an inconsiderate father decided to call direct and disrupt class. The son took the call, broke the rule and was punished as per the rules.

End of story.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavlovsdog
and that is EXACTLY what should have happened in this instance.

Instead, an inconsiderate father decided to call direct and disrupt class. The son took the call, broke the rule and was punished as per the rules.

End of story.

lol, as if a call disrupts the class that much come on. cell phones go off in classes all the time.

The dad is in Iraq, I really doubt he had the number of the school on hand...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccantey6204
reply to post by logictruth

Honestly??? Most of us have no idea what we are fighting for. Most soldiers want to go because they get paid alot more money and it is non taxable. We went to war over lies. If anywhere we should have 140000 boots on the ground in afghanistan not iraq. Just because I am a soldier doesnt mean Ihave to support the war. I think it is BS. Considering all of the militarys top brass EXCEPT Bush's lapdog Petraeus has said time and time again that it is time topack upand come home. Iraq can not be won militarily, it has to be Politically. We created the insurgents. There was no Al-Qaida in Iraq until we went in. And the longerwe are there the more insurgents will come. I meanlook at the Iraqi Army in Basra. Most of them refused to fight and in turn were released. Americans dont have that choice. We dont fight we go to jail, lose rank, and get a dishonorable discharge for failure to follow orders, and that follows you your whole life and you will havea hard time getting a job. But yea, I am a soldier and dont agree with the war.......and I am proud of it. Not many soldiers do agree with it, although there are some who do. But those who do were just some of the millions who were brainwashed.

no offense but why the hell would anyone join the US Armed forces for money?? thats straight out stupidity. you should join because you want to serve and protect this nation and what it stands for.

and what lies??

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Jedimiller;

You say you fear for your life. I guess you need someone to protect you. Regardless of what you think, I highly doubt it will be someone from starwars to do it.

Live in the real world and you should understand that you were born free because of the sacrifice of hundreds of thousands of veterans that fought and died for your freedom.

You also believe that no war has been fought that gives you this freedom, I do believe that the American Revolution was for that exact reason.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

if it wasnt for soldiers fighting wars you wouldnt be on this board making those stupid statements.
i want to see you in a situation where there arent any soldiers to protect this country. and your begging for your life to be spared. your comments are straight out stupid, you sir are straight out ignorant. your a waste of air.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The dad is in Iraq, I really doubt he had the number of the school on hand...

It has already been established that the mother got in touch with the father (to ask him to call his son) via YAHOO. This would indicate that the father was near internet access when he made the call. It's quite easy to get a telephone number via the internet.

It still boils down to inconsiderate actions on the fathers behalf. To read some of the responses here you would think this father was trapped in a foxhole in the middle of the desert totally cut off from communications for weeks. A messanger breaks thru the lines, dodging enemy fire to deliver a message and a government satellite phone to the father with instructions that he is to call his son asap.

The reality of the matter is that the father probably lives in the green zone, has internet access, has telephone access and probably had been too distracted by his life in Iraq to call home in a few days. When his wife IM"d him that he should call his son, he picked up the phone and called without giving a thought to what time it was stateside.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I didn't read it all. Too much back and forth. BTW First Post.

1st Zero Tolerance in my opinion is just indoctrination of childrent to accept anything someone in authority over them says without question. Be good little Goosesteppers now.

2nd Soldiers or GI's or Government Issue. Sorry you are a Soldier you are a Product of the Government.

With that said I think that Soldiers who risk their lives to keep the terrorists and other militant anti-american people in the world out should be accorded the best we can do for them. It is a shame that there are families of deployed soldiers that are being forclosed on or losing everything they worked for because a soldiers pay is not enough.

How about Congress get a clue and lower their pay checks so that a soldier has one that actually lets them pay their bills back home.

Thanks for the service to all our Service men and women.

Remeber their sacrifice and those for the past 250 years are why you can spill your guts on a website like this no matter who you offend by it.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You're right. I don't understand.

Not that it isn't obvious but thanks for admitting that.

I've never seen anyone from the military protect anyone. It's usually the Police who does all the work around here. Let me ask you this, if someone blew up your home, who do you think will come to help you? the Marines? the Army? No.

Let me ask you this. Who would be stopping an enemy force interested in invading the United States? Your local police? NO. Who protects our interests abroad ? Your local sheriff? NO

Most likely, fire department and Police. Those guys are protecting us!

Locally you are correct but you need to think globally not just what happens at the end of your block.

not the military in iraq shooting some guy with a stick in the desert.

1. I disagree with the Iraq war.
2. To make the statement that all soldiers do is shoot unarmed, innocent people is just STUPID. I'm not saying you are stupid, just the statement.

Why wont the military take down the guns and sell their tanks and protect us HERE!??

There are laws that prevent that.

Invasion? are you smoking some terminally ill drug? invasions do not happen anymore.

Been to Iraq lately? Familiar with what is going on in Russia? How about afganistan? Would you like me to go on?

The only reason we have a military is to invade other countries because our military wants to be the world police. and they enjoy killing.

Obviously based on this statement, you have absolutely no interest in discussing this intelligently. You're just interesting in making absurd, uninformed, completely baseless accusations. Unless you can conduct yourself in a reasonable manor, I won't be discussing anything with you in the future. I should have known better since you're the one that believes that if you microwave a hot dog long enough, it will slip into another dimension.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join