It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas School Suspends Student for Answering Call in Class From Dad in Iraq

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I don't understand why anyone would support this war, although I do support the troops I would much rather it be here in the USA.

The war was without any merit, evidence, credibility and people still defend it.

It was unplanned, disorganized, spent trillions of dollars, killed many people and solved what?

Answer: Nothing

Does everyone know the story about the kid that cried Wolf?

Iran, Korea, etc.....

Politicians are not in touch with reality these days, nor do they seem to care.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Are you implying that the troops are mindless drones that cant think for them selfs? I mean there IS a choice here ...

Please explain what "choice" there is here. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I could write for DAYS on this, having grown up my entire life on a military base. But heres one bit I will add:

The HS I attended in Colorado Springs, Colorado (actually located in Fountain, Colorado on the outskirts) was Fountain-Ft. Carson High school. At least half the kids were military from Ft. Carson. Just like this school. Guess what? We had a similar situation, a friend of mine received a phone call in class from his father. He answered and was suspended for a week. Why did his dad call? because he was the commander of his unit, which had it's helicopter shot down. He called to tell that he was ok, but unfortunately 2 or 3 others weren't so lucky. When news reached the base about the incident in Iraq, the kids suspension was lifted, and the school decided to let kids answer calls from parents during class.

This was justified by the fact that at the beginning of the war, Ft. Carson had the highest death toll of any other military base. And even though they allow kids to answer calls from parents during school, they are still one of the TOP schools in the entire state. Quite the opposite of these people claiming the schools would run rampant. Unless you've attended the school, or have a child in a school like this, you cannot make an adequate judgement on what the result would be. You think us kids are a bunch of rebels, think we know nothing, think we'll do anything to get out of class. And that right there is PURE IGNORANCE.

So if you feel like it, you can even contact the school, and see that it creates no problems. Unless they changed the policy in the last year and a half they still allow kids to answer their phones. The only exception during things like the ACT.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Very true. I commend you on supporting our troops even though you do not support the illegal war. Very well said !!!

link   
That is horrible I would have just left the school and told them a few choice words if they said i couldnt talk to a parent in Iraq. This just shows how much schools now adays are like jails.

link   

Originally posted by jfj123

as doing so would not be "supporting the troops".

I support our troops 100000%
and am against the Iraq war 10000000000000%
I have no problems with these statements.

I'm all for supporting the troops in a just cause and honoring their commitment, but this is not a just cause and their commitment is being tarnished in the name of profit.

So the people that put them in that situation should not receive our support but those troops still should.

Starred. Yes, this is the best way to approach and handle this line of thought.
I do support the war on terror, and the democratization of any country, but not necessarily this war. Does that make me anti-democracy or anti-anti-terrorism?

No,it just makes me be a little more specific.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Are you implying that the troops are mindless drones that cant think for them selfs? I mean there IS a choice here ...

The choice to fight or not to fight. You must (both of you) be implying that they have no choice but to fight. Hence "mindless drones"

On the contrary There is a choice. So i don't support the choice they are actively making every day.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson

I do not wish war on anyone. Nor harm, nor disease, nor pain. I am a christian, and this is against everything Christ teaches.
That said, I was merely pointing out that if you don't support the soldiers all the time, then you should not get theirs' when you need it either.

Hate the man that sent them to war, not those that are acting on orders, where 99.9% are doing their job honorably.

Hey I know your probably a fun, nice guy, and I may seem annoying to you.

But I just see a bit of a hole in your views. Nothing personal, ok?

I'm just saying by your "logic"- you say it's not the soldiers fault, it's their leader's fault, the soldiers just follow orders for their country.

Let me rephrase that so you might see a fault in that logic.

"It's not the terrorists fault, it's their leaders fault, they were just following orders for their country."

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Actually, no there isn't. In order for this to work, you would need every troop, or at least a vast majority, to rebel at once. Would never happen, because communicating with each other about it would put them all in the brig. THINK MAN, THINK!

Besides, you have never been to IRAQ. When you do, let me know how a year made you feel, and how the Iraqi's feel. Not saying I support the war, just saying I'm smart enough to know when the media is lying to me.

Baahhhhh... Baaaa-Aaaahhh.....

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The choice to fight or not to fight. You must (both of you) be implying that they have no choice but to fight. Hence "mindless drones"

On the contrary There is a choice. So i don't support the choice they are actively making every day.

Please explain the consequence of each choice in detail. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Weak . It only takes one man to start a revolution . They simply refuse to stand up for our freedom and our constitution . Simply sickening.. And you support them ..ha

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

I'm just saying by your "logic"- you say it's not the soldiers fault, it's their leader's fault, the soldiers just follow orders for their country.

"It's not the terrorists fault, it's their leaders fault, they were just following orders for their country."

Yes, But soldiers follow a much stricter code of conduct, rather than strapping bombs to their wives and babies.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

No. Please go with what was stated. Im done clarifying every post just for you . The other guy could formulate a decent response'

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

Dumb. Sorry, you have NO IDEA how the military works.

what you said was dumb. not you.

edit to say that I have to go to COSTCO, sorry! be back later...

[edit on 13-4-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Yes, But soldiers follow a much stricter code of conduct, rather than strapping bombs to their wives and babies.

Yeah waterboarding and torture. Plus the Guantanamo bay stuff. Real stand up guys with values ..

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Yeah waterboarding and torcher. Plus the Guantanamo bay stuff. Real stand up guys with values ..

HOW in the WORLD can you compare waterboarding with beheading! What is your idea of torture, vs. theirs? we give them far more in G.B. than they would ever give us.

Edit to admit Hijacking attempt. Will revert to the story. This kid is ok. thanks.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

You never answered my question . Either of you . Do you think the soldiers are mindless/controlled and not able to decide to not fight this unjust war spilling blood on the very constitution they swore to uphold..?

I think im done here . I have to fight too far around in a circle to get to a point that wont make a difference when i get there as the subject will be off in another direction . By the time my point is made its just off topic banter.
Thanks for the ride. It was amusing for a bit there .

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
NOTICE

For those who have forgotten, this is the topic for discussion:

Texas School Suspends Student for Answering Call in Class From Dad in Iraq

www.foxnews.com

....Cove High School in Texas, where half the students have at least one parent deployed, justified the punishment against Brandon Hill by saying he had violated the no-cell-phone policy when he took the call from his father, who is serving in Iraq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Further off topic comments and personal remarks/attacks will be dealt with according to the T&C
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Weak . It only takes one man to start a revolution . They simply refuse to stand up for our freedom and our constitution . Simply sickening.. And you support them ..ha

Just curious but what have you done to stand up and start a revolution? Freedom? and our Constitution??? Please be specific.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

US soldiers do not perform waterboarding.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join