It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is up with the Research forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
When I first got to ATS, I thought the research forum was going to be the coolest forum that I would participate in. I still believe it can be a great forum.
The problem that I have seen and encountered is that there does not seem to be very much interest in the research projects that are presented. People do not seem to want to help out that much. Is this because they are just not interested or they do not have the time to commit?
When i visit the board, I always check out the research forum to look for new projects. Then I see that there haven't been any posts in there for days on end.
Some of the older projects that were done were very very good and informative. So my question is what is happening to the research forum? Will it ever become more popular than it is?
Another question I have is why are topics not presented by administration and then members can take it from there? Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I've never really heard all that much about the Research Forum. I'd like to help out if I could. Hopefully it'll pick back up.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

I hope it picks up as well. I'll keep you in mind if I start another project. You should check out some of the projects in there. They are pretty well done.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Thanks, I'll be looking forward to it. I'll check some of it out here soon.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Projects are still open

The forum is not out of business

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

The problem does not exist within the forum, it exists within the members who are choosing not to research various subject matters. For anyone who wants to participate, the door is wide open.

For anyone looking to get involved in this forum, need only contact ADVISOR via u2u to kick start the process.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
For anyone looking to get involved in this forum, need only contact ADVISOR via u2u to kick start the process.

That may be why its not active.
Kind of like one extra step.

Similar to why I dont go to BTS - I log into ATS and would think I would have access to all its sites. Fact is we have a lot demanded from us on the web, with everyone and their brother wanting us to register and create passwords, etc. - so when you do get to a site, to have to then go and log in again, or get permission to post somewhere, etc...kind of gets tiresome.

Suppose is similar with R.A.T.s - Im sure everyone has the points for it, you really cant use the points for anything else...but no one really bothers to check it out.

Its just so much easier to go with what is happening now.

One could argue this helps eliminate people and create for better post...well maybe so...again quantity isnt everything but quality...however if it stagnates and the material is waiting for the participation of others to launch it forward, this can be a drawback.

Just something to consider.

Peace

dAlen

p.s.
Not just laziness, but it can be confusing for new people and as they become regular members, they are still relatively new to the site as a whole and how and why things function and what is required of them. i.e., who do you contact for posting as a scholar, etc.

Sure there is the freshman forums, and that goes a long way to help...point is that in general it is that one extra step...that perhaps could open the flood gate if eliminated. And it may be that the ATS staff does not want to go there. - as many have already complained about the quality of post ever since the registration here at ATS became easier. (Well, it was always easy for me, as I joined a long time ago...but there was a time when I believe you had to wait to get your account approved.)

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
But we seek extra efforts for the Research forum, so unless someone wants to go above and beyond on a subject matter, we'd rather see it in a forum other than the Research. It's also a great platform for members to collaborate on a common subject matter and see what they can come up with.

I always felt that the forum was a great fit for members who wanted to collaborate, as opposed to an individual member doing the leg work themselves.

So it does require members to go the "extra mile", but that is the purpose of it.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Another thing. I know ADVISOR is the main guy in there and he is great. I have one issue though. I have had a completed project for sometime now and it has yet to be analyzed. I have gotten no response or feedback from ADVISOR and I have asked a few times. I know he is a military guy and is very busy. So why can no one else help him out? We put in the extra mile but seem to be put on the back burner. I would love to start another project and improve on my first, but I am reluctant as I have yet to hear on my first one. Which has been completed for quite awhile now. Trust me, I am very eager to start another, but would like closure on my initial project first.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Decided to bump this old thread rather than start a new one.

Is the research forum still active? I don't see anything in there dated after 2011. I know I can contact the mod in charge to get one started, but being new I wanted to join someone else's project to kind of get a feel for how it goes. I ask because I feel like maybe I'm reading wrong and everything takes place via u2u.

So, is it just a dead forum or am I not understanding the stickies correctly? Do I have to be a scholar in order to see posts?

top topics

join