It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seti @ Home Hit (!!!)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

Beleive what you want. I really don't care. I was just expressing my opinions of seti and the greater conspiracy that ties everything together.

Apparently its too much for some people.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I THINK IT WOULD BE COOL if you could go to like Radio Shack or somewhere and just buy an, "inexpense easy to set up" SETI kit!

I'd be all over that!

In the mean while I just guess we have to keep coming here (to post like this) and check out whats going on.

Its a drag that the SETI down load stuff can't just give you easy to understand info, like a possible hit info screen to link to once you get hits.

I really think alot of hits have been made for years and are being studied.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ian990003100

have a look at these

Work Unit Info:
WU true angle range is : 0.378706
Optimal function choices:
-----------------------------------------------------
name
v_BaseLineSmooth (no other)
v_vGetPowerSpectrum 0.08786 0.00000
sse1_ChirpData_ak 1.69623 0.00000
v_vTranspose4x8ntw 0.66978 0.00000
BH SSE folding 0.16153 0.00000

Flopcounter: 23026706474074.855000

Spike count: 2
Pulse count: 1
Triplet count: 2
Gaussian count: 1
---------------------------
new unit
---------------------------
Work Unit Info:
WU true angle range is : 0.379509
Optimal function choices:
name
v_BaseLineSmooth (no other)
v_vGetPowerSpectrum 0.00080 0.00000
sse1_ChirpData_ak 0.01518 0.00000
v_vpfTranspose8x4ntw 0.00607 0.00000
BH SSE folding 0.00145 0.00000
Restarted at 50.46 percent.

Flopcounter: 22964937207815.047000

Spike count: 14
Pulse count: 0
Triplet count: 0
Gaussian count: 0

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ian990003100

my last work unit I got

Spike count: 0
Pulse count: 4
Triplet count: 0
Gaussian count: 11

first time Ive had a Gaussian count:
the others get them all the time (spike, pulse & triplet)
dont know what they mean though??????

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hi I know this thread is a little out dated but I just started SETI@home awhile ago and had to jump in. Those spikes, triplets, gaussian, and pulses in low numbers are fairly common from what I am understanding. Most of mine usually have something. I was psyched when I got my first hit to but then I realised oh
its pretty common. However today I scored a 19 spike count but nothing else on that workunit so it probably means that there was no real pattern but just a lot of high radio outputs, which I have never encountered (but remember I'm newer). If you have a unison of all spike, guassian, pulse, and triplet that means there is a high pattern to it. This site HERE is the data explained. Even though it says screen saver it is still actual data that you get from SETI@home.

SETI@home is currently ran by BOINC (Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing). BOINC is a platform that allows projects like SETI@home or climateprediction.net to harness the power of Idle computer time to calculate the data for them. The project will upload actual data (in SETI's case parabolic dish readings from the Allen field and other radio farms) from the project server. They assign due dates and credits (bragging points) per work unit (raw data sent for you to calculate clean up and send back to SETI@home servers). Now no actual calculating is done by your self but rather your computer. With SETI@home and some other BOINC projects they give you graphics to look at and you can see the actual data being processed. It is higly tweakable for you to customize to your specific graphic likeability.

Here is the data that I recieved with the 19 spikes. Success only means that you completed it on time without any defunk data by the way. I dont know if this will show up because I think you might have to be logged in on my account to view it, but the URL doesn't suggest that but whatever here it goes.

P.S. Support SETI's Search for Extra-Terrestrial Life by joining SETI@home ANYONE can join and it is dialup friendly.

RESULTS

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join