It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seti @ Home Hit (!!!)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If you type in TAu boo and have a look around this area preferably to the right can anyone work out if this area could potentially be an area were life could exist?

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ian990003100

Interesting find Ian...

I found some more information on Tau Boo...

Tau Boo b was suspected to be a spectroscopic binary companion by Duquennoy and Mayor in 1991. The orbit was confirmed by Marcy & Butler and Mayor, Udry, & Queloz in 1996. The new doppler velocity curves indicate that "c" is most likely planetary in nature, according to its minimum mass (about 4 jovian masses). The object appears to orbit only 8 stellar radii from the F7V primary: Tau Boo A. The orbit has also been confirmed by a group using the AFOE with collaborators from the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, the High Altitude Observatory, and Penn State University. Tau Boo A's other stellar companion, Tau Boo B, is an M2 dwarf which appears to be in an eccentric orbit around Tau Boo A and its planetary companion C. According to Hale (1994), B's orbital period around A+C is ~2000 years, with a = 245 AU, and e = 0.91.

Source:

astronautica.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Using google earth i think i have potentially narrowed down the are the signal may be from....

i296.photobucket.com...

any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ian990003100
If you type in TAu boo and have a look around this area preferably to the right can anyone work out if this area could potentially be an area were life could exist?

You were right to come here first. I wouldn't trust SETI or any government institution (yes I know SETI is privately funded) with something like this, so good job.

Also, do not listen to or worry about any proclamations about the possibility of life existing in this star system. Mainstream astronomy and planet science have absolutely no idea how to explain even the most basic of things occurring in our own solar system, much less the ability to reliably predict the status of a star system light years away.

EDIT: Is this the system? en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 12-4-2008 by Riposte]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Congrats Ian !!!

Great result, great thread..

I will be keeping a beady eye on it from here

Starred and flagged

Cheers

Mungo

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Completely got out of it after it went over to bionic structure. Just don't like that program structure.

Hear hear!

I still use it (although I don't pay too much attention to what happens in there, so even if I got a "hit", I probably wouldn't notice :-)).

Anyway, I really hate the new format, too.

[edit on 12-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I've been using that for years, and I have no idea if I ever got a hit or not. How did you know? Does it say something somewhere or something?

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
First off, Great Thread! I hope your hit turns out genuine. I used to run seti@home 2 computers ago, and never got back into it after transferring all my stuff. I did notice "anomaly's" one night. Nothing spectacular, just a little weirdness. The next day, in the newspaper (city of 150,000), there were multiple reports at around the same time I noticed the weirdness. I guess the eye-witnesses saw three glowing gold orbs following one of the major streets in town. Nothing definitive like a shape. I just put it back in my mental record, because SETI didn't seem to be to interested in my packet upload. BTW: this was way before I found ATS. I would've made a hardcopy if I was here at the time.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Wow that sounds promissing.

Starred & Flagged
Good luck with the research

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Subscribed for a history-making post!

Congratulations! Let someone know about this! Contact the media!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pocket4ce

Aren't you jumping the gun? Any Data

[edit on 13-4-2008 by crestone]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by crestone

Hiyah crestone....

I have a question for you...as I am noticing so many posts like yours throughout ATS, one liner posts that only deal with the last post placed on a thread like this...asking a question that obviously could have been answered if you'd only taken the time in reading the whole thread....

Were you asking the person you replied to for "data" or did you, as I suspect, not read the entire thread?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Spike count: 1
Pulse count: 1
Triplet count: 0
Gaussian count: 0

your jumping the gun

I've had Spike 5 Pilse 5 Triple 5 and you won't know if you hit
they don't tell you , sorry to burst you bubble but I also been doing this for years , before the ats team been doing it for years. I should have my 9 in but made a new account and made a new one for ATS team.

there was programs that you could down load before the new bionic that you could hear the sounds but it bogged the system, reason they upgraded was because many people found out how to cheat the system just for the credits.

Seriously I wold love to believe this but you did not get a hit specifically with

heck I got this on an order
Spike count: 3
Pulse count: 2
Gaussian count: 1 my piece
and this

Spike count: 4
Pulse count: 5
Triplet count: 1
Gaussian count: 0 here

again doesn't mean you hit something.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by crestone

Originally posted by Pocket4ce

Aren't you jumping the gun? Any Data

[edit on 13-4-2008 by crestone]

I might. Or I might not. One never knows... But I'm subscribed anyway. Nice opportunity to learn about SETI @ home.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
this is my task page here

hopefully It will come up on there you can click the different pieces of work i did since march 31, for the team of ATS and why I say nope sorry

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
A couple of replies to the OP indicate that the results are not shared by SETI.

What is the point in using the SETI program if they are not going to give you the results of your data?

If this is the case then why is everybody using it?

Doing the government's work (no doubt SETI is Big Brothered by some department!) and not getting the reward seems a little misguided if not a tad daft.

It just ends up being a Pokemon-esque adventure with the boys in the playground showing off as to who has the biggest Triplet!

[edit on 13/4/2008 by skibtz]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz
A couple of replies to the OP indicate that the results are not shared by SETI.

What is the point in using the SETI program if they are not going to give you the results of your data?

help them crunch data because theres so much of it that needs to be done

But they do when they find something make it public and give credit where credit due. There was a "might be signal a few years back" credit was given to the person who found it. I think it turned out to be a bounce back from an asteroid.

It just ends up being a Pokemon-esque adventure with the boys in the playground showing off as to who has the biggest Triplet!

[edit on 13/4/2008 by skibtz]

I do it to help out just don't like false flags and such.
Theres other crunch data out there that work with cancer and such but this one happens to be the one I got many moons ago.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

Thanks for clearing that up EvilBat

I didn't realise there were crunchers for cancer et al. Will certainly be checking them out

ta

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz

I didn't realise there were crunchers for cancer et al. Will certainly be checking them out

ta

One group that does cancer is here link

and here is the different projects from bionic here

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

]]>

Anybody else using this program?

Anybody else had any hits?

I downloaded a program which maps were the signal has come from ill try and take a screen shot and post it..

can some one tell me how to do this...?

I use it but cant work out where it gives the info about spike counts and that. Does it tell you automatically? Can anyone help me?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join