It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Television Interference

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I was watching the tube last night, and at one point, the sound from the commercial that was playing at the time cut out and I heard voices. The sound of the voices resembled pilots or air traffic controllers. There were two separate instances, happening approximately 5 seconds apart. I wanted to bring this up in the forum because I had never experienced this before in 24 years. I thought that perhaps it wasnt a big deal and maybe normal, but strange that I had never heard this before. Has anyone else experienced this or perhaps have insight into this? Responses would be most appreciated.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Before I got cable this used to be a daily occurance. I lived near Ft. Bragg Army base and the antennae picked up EVERYTHING! It was nice sometimes because you got the warning to grab your drink before a war game explosion. SOmetimes not.

Also very long tedious HAM radio conversations from my neighbor. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Do you not have cable?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This did happen on a TV equipped with cable, I was not at my home at the time. I figured the chances were that this was not a big deal, but wanted to hear some input as I personally had never experienced this before. Thanks RANT

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
that is odd, but it can happen. almost anything electronic has to be cetrified by the fcc to pick up any outside interfereance. it'll probably say it on the back, or maybe the bottom, of the tv. speakers are like that too. the speakers on my desktop will pick up radio stations, while they're on, if i move them the right way.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
That must have been fun all of a sudden hearing unknown people chatting on your tv,unless you really liked the program you was watching lol.

I remember reading something about television interferance on ATS or a similar site somewhere recently.Something about incidents where people had watched programs that had been aired 20 years ago etc,sorry i can't remember more but my memory is pretty dreadful

Maybe someone will know more about what i'm rambling on about.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Supernova
I remember reading something about television interferance on ATS or a similar site somewhere recently.Something about incidents where people had watched programs that had been aired 20 years ago etc,sorry i can't remember more but my memory is pretty dreadful

I haven't heard THAT exactly, but UPN in my area has some problems. Every Wednesday when I watch Enterprise I get the shadow of some show that looks to be from the 80's but I can't find on any other channel. Also the sound just goes out for no reason. BUt this isn't interference at my level. It's the local relay for the network I'm pretty sure.

UPN has those problems ALOT.

THinker, I'm curious how you knew it happened if you weren't home? I guess family, but if it was on a VCR then it could be interferance with that. I used to come in on my neighbors stereo on my walkie talkie (as a kid).

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It was actually a commercial at the time. When it happened I looked at my girlfriend and asked her if she had heard it, thinking maybe it was me. She heard it then got freaked out thinking the TV was haunted

But yes it was quite an interesting event. Experiencing something new always is

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I like when they run two commercials at the exact same time.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

I haven't heard THAT exactly, but UPN in my area has some problems. Every Wednesday when I watch Enterprise I get the shadow of some show that looks to be from the 80's but I can't find on any other channel. Also the sound just goes out for no reason. BUt this isn't interference at my level. It's the local relay for the network I'm pretty sure.

THinker, I'm curious how you knew it happened if you weren't home? I guess family, but if it was on a VCR then it could be interferance with that. I used to come in on my neighbors stereo on my walkie talkie (as a kid).

Sorry I didnt specify RANT, I was at my girlfriends place at the time. Guess that would have been confusing if you thought I wasnt home but still heard it. Sorry !

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I like when they run two commercials at the exact same time.
I used to DJ and ran two records at the same time my first night. Not just for a second, the whole song(s). I thought it sounded like #, but hey I didn't make rotation. "I just work here."

Those TV errors used to be much worse when it was live manned "DJ" style tapes. My area had a local puppet named BARNEY that showed cartoons... one time they came back early and he was just laying there but his voice was cussing up a storm. Live TV was great.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I used to have this really old TV that would pick up what sounded like two guys on a walkie-talkie. When I heard the voices, I would press the MUTE button and the voices would still come out the speakers. There wasn't anything real interesting these two guys would says, just ordinary conversation stuff like, "Come on back here and help me move this stuff out the trailor."

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Live TV was great.

Yeah it was, I remember it and it was great all the mistakes were left in, everything that is bleeped out now.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

I got problems with UPN too but only at my house, it works great everywhere else. I also used to pick up trucker's CB radio conversations verry clearly on my walkie-talkies as a kid.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I have an Antannae for Local Channels, and a Satellite for everything else, on most of my TV's. I've seen plenty of interference, and I live only a few miles away from the airport. No voices, but horizontal lines of fuzz going up the screen, 5 lines in a group, about 5 lines apart for each group. I haven't seen this on my cable television yet, but who knows.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
get digital cable for $30 from comcast.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Every medium of communication is regulated to accept interfernce by the FCC. most likey what it was... i also had an encounter with something strange of the sort... i was playing my electric guitar and when i set it down, i leaned it up against the amp and since it was still on, it created some kind of feedback that picked up a locat am radio station and the whole radio program was playing thru my amp... i was astounded damn the FCC

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaypeth
Every medium of communication is regulated to accept interfernce by the FCC. most likey what it was... i also had an encounter with something strange of the sort... i was playing my electric guitar and when i set it down, i leaned it up against the amp and since it was still on, it created some kind of feedback that picked up a locat am radio station and the whole radio program was playing thru my amp... i was astounded damn the FCC

If you put your electric guitar up to your amp at the right angle you can make the amp go "whoop whooop whooop" and it sounds like the Nam, Choppers coming in fast!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I live next to a highway and sometimes truckers with illegal C.B. setups that put out too much wattage will bleed onto my T.V. or stereo.

It's nothing paranormal. Have been watching T.V. sometimes and see them rewind the video feed and play it back or something, always good for a laugh.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Carrion]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
i used to be able to hear other peoples phone conversations with my cordless telephone....oh and did you see american pie the walkie talkies of these kids started to say sexual things and they show it to the parents and the mom was looking at the dad and then the dad takes it and hides somewhere to listen to it

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I WAS IN A RECORDING STUDIO TODAY AND EVERY TIME THIS GUYS NEWFANGLED INTERNET/CELL PHONE RANG, ALL THE GEAR WOULD START TO CACKLE, HUMM AND BUZZ.
oops. caps lock. .....sorry.
you could almost SEE the microwaves. scary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join