It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April 17, 2008 - Mega-Earthquake to rip apart California?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
It's pretty active in the last day. Here's the page in QuakeWatch thread with my last post of 8 quakes from 4-17 am thru 4-18 am, all between 5.1-5.5 and helioprime pointed out also that the quake count on the map was at 320, when it is normally between 160-200.

Quake Watch 2008

Maybe we should give the OP another day or two on this. After all, the 19th is the date that I have pointed to for a huge 'event' to take place, in one form or another...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And the original one I started in the wrong place (of course the above link isn't in right category either, but it sure is a bit more appropriate)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
i was thinking pictures in the sky could mean skyscrapers blocking the panorama view of the sun by a 100 story building, sears tower or empire state building.. jus a thought

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
guys you can check the latest earthquakes in california here

quake.usgs.gov...

it's a bit mental, there have been 671 in the last week in this area!.... all scienctifics of all this isn't looking too good really!

i reckon something is gonna happen, don't think a date can be set in stone, but soon sounds about right!

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Well bugger me!!!there was no earthquake,no volcanoes,no tsunami's (what IS the plural of Tsunami?).....in fact i dont think anyone even farted hard yesterday!!! better come back out of my nuclear bomb proof shelter garden shed and put the tinned beans back in the cupboard for another day.......although hey!!!!!! maybe it's tomorrow....or the day after.....or maybe it's this August or even October or next year or maybe the year after that or the year after that or the year after that or the year after that or the year after that.......yawn.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Funny, Im from Illinois which rarely gets earthquakes, And last night the whole midwest had a 5.4 earthquake. If we got an earthquake (which in my 23 years of life never experienced one) I can only imagine what's in store for California! This made all the top stories on the news this morning!

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I am in Kansas, KC Metro area really, and I heard the quake in the midwest this morning. My bedroom door shakes if there is a cross breeze or someone opens the front door to the house. I was awoken this morning by my door shaking and I got pissed off!!!! My first thought was, who the frick has their window open at this temperatute to allow a cross breeze and my door to shake!! I was yelling at my family memebers for being careless about leaving windows open and waking me earlier than need be. But to my surprise my house was sealed shut, so I decided to get over it and deal with the fact that I am up earlier than need be. It wasn't until two hours later that I heard about the quake on the news and that people in my area reported feeling it. So I am assuming that my door shaking and me being woken up early was in fact the quake that I felt. I do find it very odd to feel a small quake some 500 miles away.

I am a little worried since it's so close to the New Madrid fault. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't a quake near a larger fault line cause some concern? If the New Madrid goes even a little over the 5.4 this one was then I can expect heavy damage in my area of the country.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bamaoutlaw

This is not a direct reply to your post only, Bamaoutlaw, but to all those who mention the alleged Hopi prophecy.

Have you not read some of the messages in this thread?
They ARE relevant to the main subject, after all.
The fact is that the "Hopi prophecy" didn't surface until the 1970s.
If anyone has proof to the contrary, I'd love to hear it.

I used to LOVE that "prophecy"; but I cannot and will not love a lie, if that's what it is.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
maybe we should start a prediction of the week category....

oh by the way my prediction i made last august came true and is still happening....alot of people have gotten money in the mail or owed money to the govmnt or came clean....

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

i was thinking pictures in the sky could mean skyscrapers blocking the panorama view of the sun by a 100 story building, sears tower or empire state building.

Seeing that this is mentioned in connection with roads, my thought would be mirages and other visual phenomena produced by hot asphalt.

But it seems of little consequence anyway, considering the fact there is no evidence that the "prophecy" is even genuine.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Crystalline
The seventh sign is about oil pollution in the sea, which is making it to dark and not crystal clear and killing the lives in them. It's already happening a long time ago. So, we're around the ninth one.

OK, that makes sense, but then again, there really haven't been that many spills in the ocean to date. People tend to make a big deal out of them, but compared to the size of the oceans themselves, the areas impacted by oil slicks are minuscule. Back to my first interpretation, but waiting on a really big oil spill soon.

---------------------------

On the original subject, the New Madrid quake this morning could have increased pressure elsewhere (CA). And considering that no date was given in the vision, only interpolated from the description, April 17th may be a few days off. I'm still listening.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I was dreaming last night... the morning of the quake 04:37AM I believe it was?
I had no idea what time I woke up but I usually sleep with my window open...and saw it was still about 2-4am judging by the darkness, moving on...so
when I closed my eyes, I instantly fell asleep and went into this dream, to wake up to destruction, I had walked out of my door (same room) and saw all the trees broken in half, all homes destroyed, the roads were crushed, you get the picture...kind of like a meteor blast effect....and then the dream was over...Woke up read what bbc had to say then I saw the quake...strange huh?

thx 4 listening

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by realism

Note the magnitudes, they don't go above 3. Needless to say, these are pretty weak earthquakes...some probably didn't even feel them.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
sorry, maybe next year

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Just so you know, New Madrid fault line quakes in a series of quakes within a month or quarter-year time. The last quake in 1811-1812 produced 3 quakes of 7.0 or higher in a 1 month period and could be felt from the Rockies to the Atlantic coast. Just watch "Mega-Disasters" on History/NatGeo/Science channels and they'll tell you all about it. I don't think it's over and the prediction may have not been wrong other than the date, which is a date the op created, not the guy who made the quake prediction.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Major problem with this...roos was dead in 1937 not president!
Leaving the Presidency in 1909, Roosevelt went on an African safari, then jumped back into politics. In 1912 he ran for President on a Progressive ticket. To reporters he once remarked that he felt as fit as a bull moose, the name of his new party.

While campaigning in Milwaukee, he was shot in the chest by a fanatic. Roosevelt soon recovered, but his words at that time would have been applicable at the time of his death in 1919: "No man has had a happier life than I have led; a happier life in every way."

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Now we have a 7.9 in China. What's next?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

Sorry i had the wrong Roosavelt he was president at that time! With so many places the dream seems to describe something effecting the whole planet more then just some earthquakes!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ismee

Frankling Deleno Roosevelt was the president he was refering to. he was elected to the presidency 4 times and died in office during ww2 at which time his vp harry truman took over

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
If you are lucky you will find out whats next. I believe volcanoes and earthquakes are in our future. Tornadoes and hurricanes too.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

More tornadoes in Georgia again! My community was hit by a tornado 2 days ago. This year has been a shooting gallery for tornadoes. The midwest is getting earthquakes and floods. The southwest and pacific coast are catching on fire as well as Florida. The deep south is tornado alley this year in a major way. I think hell is being handed to America in a handbasket and our economy is reflects that. I fear the hurricain season will bring about worse storms than that of Katrina, and Cali... look forward to the BIG one as far as earthquakes goes. Plus, the New Madrid quakes will wake up big time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join