It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deceased Lawyer Still Takes Calls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
People choose to do some unusual things as their legacy and that of their loved ones. I've heard of people being buried in their cars, in unusual attire, or no attire at all. Some decide to have their remains disposed of in various ways. I've heard of people keeping the voice mail messages of loved one, but I've never heard of a survivor leaving a cell phone account active and inscribing the cell phone number of the deceased on the gravestone.

Tucked away in a cemetery in Paramus, N.J. is the gravesite of prominent Manhattan defense attorney John Jacobs, who died two-and-a-half years ago at the age of 60.

The headstone has the usual markings: his name, birth and death dates, and the words "Rest in Peace."

And, reports Scott Rapoport of CBS station WCBS-TV in New York, it has something else: Jacobs' cell phone number.

When you call it, his voice mail picks up, promising to return the call.

The account is active to this day.

www.cbsnews.com...

Jacobs was buried with his fully charged cell phone.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
What a character this guy must have been eh? I wonder why he didn't leave a better, juicier, funnier message on his voice mail?

This reminds me of an article I read somewhere last year...some guy who knew he was dying and was a huge prankster...made up tons of letters, and arranged for them to be delivered to friends and family, as if they were from "beyond" the grave so to speak.

Too funny.

new topics

join