It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Airlines Infiltrated By Terrorists?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Anyways I just think people are way to quick to place a "government conspiracy"tag on things,being parnoid WITH SOME EVIDENCE is good,but being paranoid without it just cause you "have a feeling"the government is lying is obsurd.I know ATS is for "alternate"topics,but it is taken way to far by some.IMO

-JKrog

Well the problem with Disinformation is there will not be evidence. The government isnt going to just come out and say hey guys were lying to you even though we are telling you something way different. Most disinfo threads will start as speculation till the evidence eeks out. Its clal disinformation/deflection for a reason. Watergate was a conspiracy also and you were a loon if you thought anything of it till slowly the evidence started to come out. No one ever thought we knew about pearl harbor or 9/11 before they happened but later evidence would come to prove different. One of the first things they teach you in the CIA is a lot of times what you percieve as reality is actually not and you can only trust the little voice in your head. Its the truth. Im hear to question anomolies and i may be wrong most of the time but if I can save lives by being right once in awhile then Ive done my job.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
FAA wanted to act serious? Since when....the FAA have been laxed since they were founded and all the FAA boys getting paid vacations from airlines CEOs does not help the matter.

Because the guy that is the current Acting Director for the FAA wants to get the position permanently. And by doing this he is showing Congress that he is not afraid to act, so when their hearings come up and he tries to get the position, they may not laugh in his face and say "Next!" This way he shows that he takes the job seriously, is willing to crack down on the airlines and put an end to the inspectors being too close to the airlines, and get the job he wants. I seriously doubt he'll get it, because too much has happened under his watch, but at least this way he is doing what he thinks is right for him to look his best.

Btw, totally unrelated note, it's Zaphod not Zaphoid.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I believe it has a great deal to do with litigation and risk analysis. Some countries will be more prone to this than others. If any potential problem is highlighted, then something has to be seen to be done about it. Otherwise, when the horse manure hits the fan, they are wide open to compensation claims.

Of course, the real reasons behind actions of this nature will never be made public.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Wow that's a great theory! I think though for me, I would side with the official version. Unless terrorists have also hit Southwest and United? They had similar problems, didn't they?

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
All but 3 MD-80s were cleared to return to flight as of Saturday afternoon. American is planning to return to a full schedule Saturday and preposition the MD-80s Saturday night, to begin normal operations on Sunday.
There were 226 of 300 cleared on Friday.

The groundings had come as a surprise.

American officials said they thought they had the needed repair work completed two weeks ago when they scrubbed more than 400 flights, but the FAA said the wiring still was not secured and stowed properly in wheel wells.

Gerard Arpey, chairman and chief executive of American parent AMR Corp., said the costs of the cancellations to American will run into the tens of millions of dollars -- including vouchers to reimburse stranded customers, overtime for maintenance crews and lost revenue. An analyst with Standard & Poor's estimated that it could easily top $30 million.

Arpey said that neither American's mechanics nor the FAA were to blame for the groundings, and he said he took responsibility for the cancellations. He said the company would hire a consultant to help it comply with FAA safety rules in the future.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
ok so this is just from my head so dont gig me if my "facts" are off last 2 weeks heathrow was for all intents and pourpouses was shut down......and then american? and others and i belive there was just a new sattilite launched now after 9-11 there was an scientist that monitered the air quality and density....and found that after 9-11 when all US flights were grounded the air density ,quality ect was detrermined to be thinner and clearer so what if...........................shut down europe....take some pictures .................shut down north america ......take some pictures ....................................hell i don't know just a thought

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This is just an amazing take on the American Airlines fiasco. As mentioned in the thread - why aren't other airlines like Delta and United, with the same model plane being grounded as well.
Unfortunately, most Americans by now have all but forgotten that the 9-11 planes had been tampered with internally with those flat and cheap box cutters neatly placed in certain seats on the particular doomed flights. And yet, where was the investigation of all those with access to those planes - like cleaning crews? So, this latest theory certainly has credibility. I'm just sorry for all the Americans who are trying to get from point A to point B are being impacted. This nation is imploding when it comes to institutional credibility and reliability. When's the next shoe going to drop in this wonderful nation?

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Someone, in a post, claimed that AA was outsourcing their maintenance to Mexico, or some place.

I have to call complete 'Bovine Excrement' on that!

This is the kind of nonsense that gets around the 'interwebs' because of an airline's need to operate Internationally!!!

The airplanes that may 'overnight' in various International destinations have to be looked after by some sort of maintenance, and if they (the Owner Airline) don't hire a local 'National' citizen, then they contract it out with another local airline! These things are not secret, not unusual, and completely regulated....

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Barbs46

Have you read all the posts? There are only 5 airlines that operate MD-80s, and United isn't one of them. Alaska only has 9. American is by far the biggest operator of them. Every airline that operates ANY has been grounding them a few at a time, inspecting them and returning them to service. The FAA ordered American to ground them all because they did the same thing a few weeks ago, passed them all after a check, and the FAA found at least 13 that failed again.

United grounded their 747-400s for a day or two to verify all their paperwork was completed properly and up to date. They then grounded all 52 777s for fire suppresant system checks. So this is NOT unique to American Airlines AT ALL.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Barbs46

Barbs, again to echo Zaphod....

Ya gotta get your facts correct, if you want a post to be taken seriously!!

Oh, and box-cutters being 'planted'?!? Oh, come on, box-cutters were legal in 2001, besides the fact that they could be snuck in so easily...if you think there wer =compatriots' who 'planted' weapons, wouldn't they have 'planted' something better?

These bastards (hope fits the T&C) pretended to have bombs strapped to their bodies....not real bombs, fake....as a means of 'crowd control'. It was a distraction, using fear.

WW

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
The ties were recently redone on some of their airplanes, and they were done the way it was THOUGHT they were supposed to be done, not the way the BOOK said to do it. If they are not placed exactly 1" apart, there is a chance that the wiring will hang down. If it hangs down the nose landing gear will catch it and rip the wiring. It happened recently on an American Airlines flight (funny that the reason they've been grounded actually happened). American did not choose to ground their planes this way. The FAA ORDERED them to ground all their MD-80s and do the inspections instead of letting them pull a few at a time, return them to service, pull a few more. The reason the FAA did this was to make an example to the public that they were doing something and taking this seriously. American is one of the few airlines that can do this and survive right now.

I notice that everyone is completely ignoring the fact that this all started with Southwest and their 737s. Then there was the first grounding where American WAS allowed to pull them a few at a time, and Delta was grounding them too. Then there were the United 747s that sat for a couple of days while records were checked, and their 52 777s that were grounded.

Let's think about this for half a second here. Which makes a better weapon, the 747 that can hold 500 people and is massive, the 777 that is almost as big and holds 350+, or the MD-80 that is a tiny narrowbody that holds about 130. How come no one has bothered to accuse United, Delta, or Southwest of being infiltrated by terrorists?

Maybe because none of them are? (not even American).

Nice info, it sounds very reasonable and not the paranoid type of "point the finger at the terrorists" drivel that most others havce posted. Thanks for the insight.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Personally, I think the Government is getting ready for Martial Law. The concentration camps in the USA are everywhere. There are between
600 and 800. Most of them have an airstrip near by. It may be a way to get Americans to where ever this cabal wants them to go. I wouldn't fly any carrier now.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
YA never read my post it had nothing to do with terrorist or box cutters or the price of fuel it was about clearing the skys enough so the new ultra cool sattilite can take pictures thats just my $.02

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by paisley101

paisley, see this is the paranoid stuff that gets this nonsense going, ginves it legs, so to speak.

'600 to 800 camps, with airstrips nearby' ??? Do you have any idea of the kind of runway a modern commercial jet needs? At least 175 feet wide (preferably 200), and 8000 or 9000 feet long....paved, designed with weight-bearing capacity to accomodate a large jet....we aren't talking about silly little dirt 'strips' in the jungle here!!

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Sounds like a flase flag to me.This is just an exuse the feds are using to increase thier hold on the airlines,gives them the excuse whatever excutive order they have for this.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I think I have to agree with the OP here.But I don't think it has to do with terroists. It has to do with cold hard cash.
The timing of this is just too coincidental to me. Lets see, Oil prices are at their higest on record and SUDDENLY we "need to ground the fleet".
Hummmmm.....
I would be very very curious to know exactly how much the airlines SAVED by grounding those flights and NOT consuming the fuel.
They don't care about passengers being ticked off...what are they going to do? Take a bus????? Doubt it. They have everyone by the short hairs and they know it.
I don't think its as sinister as a terrorist plot---its worse, its all about
G R E E D.
JMHO

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by scarletm

scarletm, you're missing an important fact here....

Several have mentioned the fuel savings, from the 'groundings'....that's kind of like saying, if the railroads stopped running, they'd save fuel, and save money. Or, if the Truckers stopped, they'd save fuel, and save money. Do you see how silly this idea is???

A railroad, a trucking company, an airline, they are all in the business of TRANSPORTING commodities for profit. PART of the cost of doing this business, is the 'overhead', and one component of 'overhead' costs is fuel, of course. [adding text] AND, rent still has to be paid on the physical buildings, there are mortgages and utilities, etc.....

If you park a truck, or a train, or an airplane.....the other overhead doesn't go away!!

There are employee salaries to keep paying, especially since, in the case of airlines, at least, they are heavily Unionized, so every Union Member at AA had to be paid, every Pilot, every F/A and every Mechanic....and I don't know about their Ground Staff, if they are Union as well....guess what?

PLUS.....the airline had to eat all of the costs of accomodations, and meal expenses, plus the re-booking on other carriers (granted, there is a discount among carriers, but it is still lost revenue).

No, this was a 'hand-slap', plain and simple. Not just any old 'hand-slap', it was designed to CYA a lot of FAA upper-level types, because they had got caught getting too 'cozy' with the airlines, primarily in the Dallas Office, which oversees not only AA but SouthWest as well....this is a POLITICAL event, and a terrible burden on shareholders and employees, and of course, passengers....but it is all POLITICAL, not a conspiracy!!!

IT is CYA....by the FAA. Just read the papers, know a little about the inside, and you will understand!!

Look, if you have a career in Gov't, say at the FAA, then you already know you can't be fired. SO, you manipulate your way into the higher GS pay grades, to help yourself in retirement. ANYone who works in Gov't knows how this game is played!!!!

[edit on 4/13/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
So terrorists are infiltrating American airlines to make wiring ties not spaced exactly to the specifications? ROFL.

n MD-80 hitting a full baseball stadium is much more effective than a 747 auguring into a cornfield somewhere in Nebraska.

Wtf exactly was the point in saying that? I could just swap MD-80 with 747 then say it would be more effective.

I didn't think MD-80s had any wiring. Just a bunch of hamsters running around underneath the floor and in the dashboard.

[edit on 13/4/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
there was already a thread on this....what's with the multiple threads? it's hard enough to keep current with the "real" events than to have multiple threads adding more mumbo-jumbo to the mix and in effect covering up what few threads actually have meaning...are people just trying to start new threads just for the sake of starting one or is it purely of coincidence???

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Someone, in a post, claimed that AA was outsourcing their maintenance to Mexico, or some place.

I have to call complete 'Bovine Excrement' on that!

This is the kind of nonsense that gets around the 'interwebs' because of an airline's need to operate Internationally!!!

The airplanes that may 'overnight' in various International destinations have to be looked after by some sort of maintenance, and if they (the Owner Airline) don't hire a local 'National' citizen, then they contract it out with another local airline! These things are not secret, not unusual, and completely regulated....

Before calling peoples statement "Bovine Excrement" do some research. Here is one link of many that shows these guys outsource a lot of maintenance to not only Mexico but El Salvador, China, Hong Kong, Singapour and more..
www.consumeraffairs.com...
there are many more links I didnt want to post them all.

How regulated is it really when you have a local company do the service in whatever country. Do you know for sure that that company did background checks on everyone? Apparently this is an issue otherwise the government wouldnt be making it a big deal all of a sudden. What I am asking is why all of a sudden is a big deal? I gave my theory and I hope if it comes to light youll be the first to appologize.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join