It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sociopath Test, Are you one? Find out...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
wow! first off i was shocked when after answering i saw the first two replyees (yeah, made that term up) answered the same as me. blue hammer. so does that mean we can technically be considered "half sociapath"?

"The sociopath is now described as someone with antisocial personality disorder."

would make sense if we could be considered half, bc if the above is really the description, i am half that. lol i can be very social, but i can also be very antisocial. my times as either is probably about half.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I said Red Axe...

I AM a sociopath. I exhibit obvious outward signs of antisocial behavior. I've known this since about Jr. High.

Wierd.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

...sorry to hear that, I guess.

I hate to pick at your brain, but can you elaborate about your disorder? I like discussing that kind of stuff.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well, I think it starts with ADHD, and the problems that come with that. Short attention span is the worst of it. Also, I have a strange learning curve. I'm slow at first, but then I instantly 'get it', and after that I get bored and want to move on to something new. I think that last part is akin to having a higher IQ than average (I think in high school I tested at 148 and 154... been so long).

I have a harder time relating to other people. I seem to view the world from a 'different perspective'. They tried putting me in the 'Gifted and Talented" program in 6th grade. My friend Wes and I tested as the top 2 in the city for our grade level... Wes, last I heard, isn't allowed within 50ft of a computer for hacking.

Really, it seems to be that because I an such an introvert that I have a hard time coming out. When I do, I feel like I'm really annoying. It's hard for me to get the words to my mouth as a proper translation of what is going on inside my brain. There are a few close friends that seem to understand what I say even when it doesn't come out correctly, and I tend towards those kind of people.

I have apparent issues with authoritive figures. I've always had problems with someone telling me how to act in certain social situations... how to dress, talk, stand. I have a hard time making eye contact with people, like they are trying to force open the door to my soul.

One thing I've noticed is that, like myself, other 'only-children' seem to have apparent social disorders. Even if they had other kids around all the time.

That enough for ya? I'll gladly shed more insight on it. It's easier to communicate with others over the internet. I'm fairly open to discussing stuff like this. You get used to it after being in counseling your entire life, lol.

One thing I have been doing better on is performing in front of other people. I love being AROUND people, I just struggle to have normal interaction. Now I just tell people I'm an artist (I really am), and they seem to instantly understand... what a stigma attachment, eh?

EDIT: lol... I made paragraphs, but it wasn't very structured
guess that's proof in point!

[edit on 15-6-2008 by Earthscum]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
One observation I made is that there are 2% that don't have a sociopath disorder? I'm willing to bet that would be higher, but the non-sociopaths are out mingling with friends instead of watching videos on the internet!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

I hear ya. I don't agree that it makes you a sociopath, though (at least so far). Do you have feelings? That would be a good test.

Anyway, I understand what you mean about the words-to-mouth issue. I have that. I also think it has to do with my intelligence/ADHD. It's as if my thoughts move too fast to get it out correctly.

The only fix I have found it just to slow down. Having a good sense of humor helps also. I'm always joking.

I used to be introverted also, severely introverted. It just resulted in me outcasting myself.

The best advice I can give is to not talk much, but at the same time don't not talk at all. Throw a comment in there every once in a while. But learn when not to talk also. Eventually you learn to say the right things at the right time.

I may not suffer as severely as you do, but I do understand where you are coming from. I think a lot of it has to do with self-confidence. The more you screw up socially, the worse you get. Eventually you just need to break through it.

Oh, and the learning curve. Right there with you. I'm slow to learn, and then it's like a giant leap. And I stay steady (often I will fall behind again), but then a GIANT leap after that. And it continues on.

I suppose if you graphed my learning "curve" it would look more like learning "steps".

*Edit:

Also, I have a minor case of insomnia. Not sure if we share that trait also.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Aye... sleeping is an issue, for sure. I, like most others that are known sociopaths, am a nightowl. My regular bedtime is midnight to 2AM. Also, I am NOT a morning person. I hate people that are all happy and giddy in the morning... don't talk to me for about an hour, and you won't hate me... the day will be just fine! lol

Almost everyone who isn't schizophrenic that I've met that is antisocial seems to be about the same as you and I. I honestly think it's a culmination of things that create the apparent sociopathic qualities.

Actually, I've come to the conclusion awhile ago that the 'clues to (diagnosis)' are actually the things that MAKE it. I don't see it as some kind of illness, and these are the symptoms... but rather, the symptoms combined make a certain outcome that is called the illness.

It's like AIDS... AIDS isn't a disease, but rather a copout single explanation for a host of other immune issues.

I enjoy being me... just wish I wasn't so clammy when being put into social situations, lol.

BTW, I picked red because it is one of my favorite colors. The axe came to me for some reason along with the image of chopping firewood. Weird. I really wonder how this 'test' works.

EDIT: On another thought... How many of the others that have posted on this thread that have claimed to be antisocial/sociopaths have the same behavioral patterns/'disorders' that Sublime and I are talking about?

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Earthscum]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
well jus took it and all i could think of was a black saw.... scared now ..

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I picked blue hammer too. Is ATS just a hotbed of weirdness or is the test wrong when it says most will pick red?

Sublime620 -- I tried your link to the test answer but was denied; it said I had to be an invited reader or something. My answer was that the woman was adopted at birth and had never met her sister before attending the funeral of her birth mother. The man she met was her brother-in-law, and she killed her (natural) sister out of jealousy when she found this out. How did I do?

I'd say I'm extremely introverted but not antisocial or sociopathic, because I like people (one at a time, mostly) and have very strong empathic skills (too strong a lot of the time). But I have serious sleep disorder problems, and trouble communicating with most people on a casual level.

[edit on 10/3/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
i said black hammer
hhhhmmmm dont 'think' i relate to the sociopath description though my partner may say otherwise

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I could be wrong, but wouldn't a sociopath be uncaring of the diagnostic test? Seems like if you are worried about your results you would be unlikely to be a true sociopath, but I am no psychiatrist- just a schizo according to the online diagnostic. Shuttup Raven, no YOU shuttup...

edit for wording and that smartass voice backtalking me again

[edit on 2-11-2008 by raven bombshell]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I thought of a red saw

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
only 2% of the people wouldent say red hammer.
if you didnt your a sociopath or a psycopath.
which means, if you picked any other color than red, you are a sociopath or a psycopath in their eyes.
so , if you didnt say red hammer you are a sociopath or a psycopath.
so , which means only 2% are not sociopaths or a psychopaths. i guess we are all sociopaths or psychopaths, this i do not believe, so the test is debunked.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
only 2% of the people wouldent say red hammer.
if you didnt your a sociopath or a psychopath.

if you read it right, this means that if you did not say red hammer, or anything else, you are a sociopath and or a psychopath.
thus , only 2% are not sociopaths or psychopaths. meaning the other 98% are sociopaths and or psychopaths. i guess me and the rest of you on ats are all sociopaths and or psycopaths then. the truth of the matter is that this is not true. so it is debunked.
:w:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
lol...white screwdriver...guess I'm screwed, get it? lol

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
i thought of an orange screwdriver does that mean im the devil?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WisdomInChains

I don't think so because I thought of a blue screwdriver and I am a perfect angel (evil smile) 0

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by estrip

I think you're reading it wrong, sorry.

It says "Only 2% of the people wouldn't say Red Hammer". Meaning that 98% of people will say Red Hammer.

Then, "If you didn't then you're a sociopath or a psychopath",
Meaning, if you didn't say Red Hammer, like 98% of people would, then you are a sociopath or psychopath and thats the remaining 2% of "the people".

I said White Screwdriver.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by JadisLucien]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join