It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could gvn't operatives be posting bogus threads just to distract us?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrooveCat
Maybe there should be some kind of sticky thread listing suspected agents? And a place to give them a chance to prove they're not!

Though I guess it would be hard to ever prove someone was an agent so I guess in the end you just have to be vigilant about the boards, maybe tell a mod if you get really suspicious of someone.

I agree with this, and might I add that there still are just plain old ignorant people. You cant forget about them. However, I have noticed that a few posts seemed suspicious. I think we should make a list and let it be known. At least voicing our opinion that ignorance will no longer be tolerated, by the users themselves. A mini rebellion if you will. Let's do it, name names. These spreaders of the sleep disease should be stopped in their tracks no matter if they work willingly or not. Names and the post that made you think they needed to be on the list. GREAT IDEA, groove cat, you've got me on board. I'll be back with some names.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
There's a big difference between a skeptic, and a "disinfo agent." There are plenty of skeptics that I enjoy engaging in fruitful debate here on ATS, and who have my respect.

Then there are the belligerent sort, that are clearly here to disrupt discussions using the 25 Rules of Disinformation. It's one thing to debate a point or a topic. It is quite another to start attacking people personally for their beliefs, to derail discussions, to post useless and inflammatory statements, to outright lie, etc.

There are a few members who I have run into here, actually a rash of them in the past week or so, that clearly are disinfo agents. They are not here seeking truth, they are here to cause disruption.

Having said that, I am not convinced that these disinfo-agents are necessarily sanctioned by the government, though there may be some level of organization among these sort. I think I would feel better knowing some of these people actually were being paid by the government to post the things they do, instead of accepting that there are people out there who would carry out such an agenda free of charge and on their own time.

Lastly, if the government is using ATS for anything, it is probably as a "think tank." They can probably do more damage by asessing what the most clever conspiratorial minds in the world can come up with, and then countering with the force of the MSM and PsyOps.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I haven`t read the previous posts yet. I just want to answer the question the OP posted.

If they gov do on TV all the time, they would be foolish NOT to do on the internet.
It is too easy to do to dismiss the chance.

Peace

...and beware .

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Yet another witch hunt on ATS.

I believe there are many threads on this topic.

It really does not matter. Nearly everything of substance on ATS is quoted from other sites.

No illegal activities are allowed here, so just participating here is as safe as any other site. I'd imagine most of the people that are thought to be dis-info agents are just reasonable, rational people. Common sense and rationality will get you labeled here in a heartbeat. These topics attract paranoid people just by their nature.

Just because someone disagrees, neither makes them wrong or a dis-info agent. If we all agreed, that would mean we are all brainwashed

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Judging from your points and longevity, I would have to label you a genuine skeptic.

Or perhaps a very dedicated disinfo agent.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlakSheep
A mini rebellion if you will. Let's do it, name names. These spreaders of the sleep disease should be stopped in their tracks no matter if they work willingly or not. Names and the post that made you think they needed to be on the list. GREAT IDEA, groove cat, you've got me on board. I'll be back with some names.

Add me then....I have already been accused

Funny how when someone comes up with logic or disagrees with some peoples opinion they are labelled automatically here as a government or disinfo guy

There is a difference between being skeptical over something and posting total sh*t to confuse someone

If a list of suspected government agents is posted...I am posting a list of suspected BS artists

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This very thread could be a thread to distract us.

I get distracted easily.

I didn't think the topic was about disinfo versus skeptic, as mentioned earlier there are plenty of those.

The topic is are bogus threads made by operatives to distract us?

Why wouldn't there be?

Remember the document "Silent Weapons, Quiet Wars?"

Half of the battle is in the mind.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Add me then....I have already been accused

Funny how when someone comes up with logic or disagrees with some peoples opinion they are labelled automatically here as a government or disinfo guy

There is a difference between being skeptical over something and posting total sh*t to confuse someone

If a list of suspected government agents is posted...I am posting a list of suspected BS artists

I could not have said any of that better.

I too have been accused. LMAO. It seems if you dont 100% agree with someone and you offer information supporting a different opinion - you are labeled this or that.

It is ridiculous. I dont know how some of these people function in life, or what kind of boring lives they lead. Because apparently they live life with the mindset - "you agree with me or else!"

If all of my friends and family all believed the exact same things and never had differing opinions, life would be boring.

I agree with you Oz...that if a list were to be made of suspected disinfo agents....we should also make a list of those who create threads with huge tall tales (lies), bogus stories, phony bologna "im an alien in human form", etc etc.

And who is to say that "those" aren't the real disinfo agents. Coming on here trying to make people look crazy to distract people from seeing the truth. Hmmmmm. Maybe the one's who CONTINUALLY cry about disinfo agents are in fact the actualy disinfo agents.

Seriously at the end of the day....those who continually cry "you are a disinfoagent"...have you ever stopped to think...."maybe I am wrong and they are right".

With that said. I could care less if they are here. My life will go on and I will continue to do my own research on the things that interest me

[edit on 12-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
they wont have to. because they know, that whatever we think we do know that might even be true, all that most of us will do is just repeat the same stuff over and over again, having no real impact on anything to change things. we are no threat

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlakSheep

Originally posted by GrooveCat
Maybe there should be some kind of sticky thread listing suspected agents? And a place to give them a chance to prove they're not!

Though I guess it would be hard to ever prove someone was an agent so I guess in the end you just have to be vigilant about the boards, maybe tell a mod if you get really suspicious of someone.

I agree with this, and might I add that there still are just plain old ignorant people. You cant forget about them. However, I have noticed that a few posts seemed suspicious. I think we should make a list and let it be known. At least voicing our opinion that ignorance will no longer be tolerated, by the users themselves. A mini rebellion if you will. Let's do it, name names. These spreaders of the sleep disease should be stopped in their tracks no matter if they work willingly or not. Names and the post that made you think they needed to be on the list. GREAT IDEA, groove cat, you've got me on board. I'll be back with some names.

Are you SERIOUS??? Man, that just smacks of McCarthyism. Ya'll remember how that turned out right?

Look around you, people here are already at each others throats enough as it is. Please don't go starting an ATS witch hunt based purely on suspicion, hunches, egos and all whatever else that goes along with those.

Hell, next thing you know we'll all be gathering around a campfire to watch the evening's burning of the avatars. If anything, we could use a bit more peace and acceptance of differing viewpoints (yeah, I struggle with this one myself at times...) but can we please not "stir the pot"? The last thing ATS needs is it's own members drawing lines and choosing sides.

K. I'll shut up now.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
What I meant was that it seems like there are more now than ever, threads started that are really insignificant in terms of the bigger picture...and it tends to bump down in importance the really big significant posts that hold the real 800 lb gorilla!

I'm not trying to judge and put down someones genuine post, but I end up spending a huge amount of time sifting through meaningless bogus threads and end up frustrated thinking it's just people posting because they are bored or simply want their recognition...but after a while, one begins to think it's part of some sort of stragey to delute and water down ATS with scores of worthless posts....I mean what else could it be....you see one day a very important thread with huge amounts of evidence backing up the claim only to be drenched in thread after thread after thread of meaningless gobeldy gook to where in just a day or so, the important thread is so far under water that nobody ever gets a chance to look at it.... It's like someone or someones are intentionally trying to burry it....

maybe I'm nuts and neeed a break from ats and all of this for a while...or maybe I'm not, and someone is actually trying their hardest to distract us from finding out various truthes?????

????

sky.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by Blaine91555

Judging from your points and longevity, I would have to label you a genuine skeptic.

Or perhaps a very dedicated disinfo agent.

You see, that is the problem with this topic. I'm a skeptic on some topics and I embrace others. Pigeonholing people based on an opinion on one topic will always give false results.

I find those who without rational thought accept everything out of the norm, without skepticism, as being more of a roadblock to getting at the truth of things.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Are the conspiracy theorist succeeding? Will the Obama's change the drapes in the White house; I was Josepsh Stalin and on and on....everyday a dozen or more new posts full of this stuff and every day, the real meat gets pounded further down until it's completely forgoten and unseen.

If you are a disinfo agent: mission accomplished...eh? Certainly looks this way... God, who cares if the next politicians change the decore in their living quarters!!! They all do this every single time...nothing new with that, and it's not a conspiracy... Have I made my point????

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Are the conspiracy theorist succeeding? Will the Obama's change the drapes in the White house; I was Josepsh Stalin and on and on....everyday a dozen or more new posts full of this stuff and every day, the real meat gets pounded further down until it's completely forgoten and unseen.

If you are a disinfo agent: mission accomplished...eh? Certainly looks this way... God, who cares if the next politicians change the decore in their living quarters!!! They all do this every single time...nothing new with that, and it's not a conspiracy... Have I made my point????

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

No, you haven't made your point. Although I agree with you that the post about Obama changing the white house decor is trivial, to the person that posted it, it is not trivial. If a post means nothing to everyone, or the majority, it will slowly die a slow death...just because some people are talking about it doesn't mean they are "disinfo" agents. Not everyone feels that the topics you or anyone else ddiscus are the most important things on here either....but trust me, the cream AALWAYS rises to the top, and the more important things are discussed here more than anything else. As for you needing a break from ATS, you just got here and you think you need a break already? In that case, maybe you do....slow down, take a breath, and realize...this is nothing but a discussion board (a very good one, I think the best), and a lot on here shouldn't be taken too seriously.

oh, and one more thing...there are no "disinfo" agents. The gov had far more important things to do that worry about a consipracy website that to you might be a very big thing, but in the grand scheme of things, is just a drop in the ocean.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
i know what you're talking about. i think there are a few members here from the government so they can feed us useless info so we cant find the real truth. just as an old saying goes. the closer you get to the truth, the more lies try to avert your gaze and fool you. many sites like this one are taken over by the government so we cant see all the BS lies they try and feed us.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
just because someone may have a .gov ISP doesn't necessarily mean they are a disinfo agent, or are posting to confuse the ATS population. My guess is that they are people just like you and me who are interested in the subjects that are talked about here and wish to talk about them during their breaks or perhaps their lunchtime. Afterall, the govt cant control what their workers do on their breaks and lunchtime.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I would not be surprised if a bit of dis-info work goes on here. The gov has it hands in everything it seems in todays world.

Originally posted by Myrdyn
Also, many of the serious subjects discussed are often distributed to other forums throughout the world - and vice versa. When you're asleep in your bed, these discussions continue elsewhere.

Sure, let the masses help with spreading the dis-info. I believe someone could use non suspecting posters to help with their mission, so to speak. Just plant the right thoughts at the correct time and people will pick up on it and carry on. Given to huge opinion base on any subject there is always a person or two that will inadvertently help the cause. Just plant some seeds.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telafree
just because someone may have a .gov ISP doesn't necessarily mean they are a disinfo agent, or are posting to confuse the ATS population.

I believe if a person was engaging in dis-info they most likely would not use a gov IP address. Get an account somewhere else and appear as just another person out on the internet. The gov might even have a gateway off some other network that could be used to hide the IP addresses.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i work for the government and yes they would do stuff to distract from the truth. on the otherhand they also tell the truth about some not all things because they cant cover up. but also there just may be someone trying to make a name for themselves on ats........

top topics

<< 1   >>

join