It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lander Zeroes in On Martian North Pole

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

The only images I know are available here and here, mixed with some "artistic renditions".

I will try to find more.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Thanks for your post. That is really an interesting object. I don't think so it is a screw or a spring. It look like a SHELL we see in sea shores.

What are the chances of using the robotic arm to check this object?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

I can help you understand why the rovers have lasted so long.I designed the initial drawings and concepts for the Mars rovers 1987. Batteries that freeze soon die,however I chose to supply the batteries with a heater that would not die(in our lifetimes),PLUTONIUM. There were pros and cons with that decision. The cold of space is unforgiving.Millions of dollars of science depended on rovers that could do their jobs.I was most interested in finding evidence of Life on Mars.That takes TIME.JPL jobs and FUTURE jobs and FUTURE MISSIONS depended on initial successes. Grabbing people's attention was so important,because they fund the Mars Missions.Mass support from the "AUDIENCE" was the real test because society is fickle and will dump a loser in a heartbeat. Airbags were my solution for successful landing in a controlled crash.Unbelievably nasa seriously considered dumping the rovers,shutting them down as successful as they were,just like they seriously considered dumping the Hubble space telescope.Nasa likes to cut corners on space shuttles too,and people die. I hope that answers your question.
This is a mars man,seen by me april 2004. You have to try hard to see him because nasa masks the images and knew about life on Mars 1976,32 years ago. Americans want simple answers.There's so much more to the story.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by KATSUO

Katsuo thanks for that one.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Snakes MOLTING/SHEDDING their SKINS ....or....a screw loose? Living organisms or mechanical Earth-sent scientific instrument source ? Animals don't wear glasses,so why did I add glasses to the animal faces? Eyes are very circular and oriented horizontally within a symetrical frame/face. If you see identical sized circles next to each other horizontally oriented ,eyes staring at a camera,and all the faces looking roughly in the same direction from the ground,then you are seeing beyond the casual viewer. If you see a screw and yawn,because you think it's "just a screw",then you probably also see just rocks. I'm offering a more than mechanical explanation and an alternative systematic interpretation that's more subjective and intuitive than nasa official "no comments".I would never jail anyone for disclosure about life on Mars for employees of nasa or make threats of fines for talking to the press,even off the record about the discovery of large life on Mars. That seems like Nazi tactics.Snakes.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
see the whitish tube at bottom right in this pic several feet from the "screw" pic. This tube is wider than the"screw" because a snake skin varies in width with the size of body. It looks somewhat buried,since probably the rockets of the lander "unearthed" it when thrust blew away layers of dust and some dirt. Ahollow tub like that resembles a shed snake skin,with "ribbing" or rings of support between thinner membrane. I'm not saying thsi is definitely snake skin,but offering that possibility because of the whitish aspect of the "screw" and proximity(few feet).Perhaps a better "color match" would connect them better. Both items are directly under the lander and therefor deserve intense scrutiny and study. However,I suspect nasa is in denial about Life on Mars and will therefor ignore these similar artifacts and deny truth. The scoop on the lander is fully capable of analyzing both artifacts and with little effort pick both up and offer several different types of analysis. Likewise I'm looking at the smooth article under the lander which is easily the size of a face. I believe it is the smooth frozen perhaps remains of a face. I see a nose and eye holes and smooth brow. I am pretty certain it was once alive because of the beautiful symetry. How lucky that the lander touched down over a well preserved face. How many months do we have to investigate? Three months? I hope nasa doesn't decide to use the scoop to cover up the face with dirt. It wouldn't surprise me ,though.
Is that One Tube or 2 TUBES ?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Martian Soil Ready for Robotic Laboratory Analysis

NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander scooped up this Martian soil on the mission's 11th Martian day, or sol, after landing (June 5, 2008) as the first soil sample for delivery to the laboratory on the lander deck.

The material includes a light-toned clod possibly from crusted surface of the ground, similar in appearance to clods observed near a foot of the lander.

This approximately true-color view of the contents of the scoop on the Robotic Arm comes from combining separate images taken by the Robotic Arm Camera on Sol 11, using illumination by red, green and blue light-emitting diodes on the camera.

Source

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

This image was taken by NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander's Surface Stereo Imager on Sol 11 (June 5, 2008), the eleventh day after landing. It shows the Robotic Arm scoop containing a soil sample poised over the partially open door of the Thermal and Evolved-Gas Analyzer's number four cell, or oven.

Light-colored clods of material visible toward the scoop's lower edge may be part of the crusted surface material seen previously near the foot of the lander. The material inside the scoop has been slightly brightened in this image.

Source

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Enceladus

Enceladus,thanks for posting that pic.I'm sure some are very interested in the composition of the soils of Mars. This is a random sample.The "unscientific" heads up I have for the "above -nasa-official -story" I have to deliver is very hopeful,yet subdued enthusiasm about the contents of that scoop.Think of fish heads the size of GUPPIES.Just very tiny heads are what I see(all dead I believe). In other words that scoop is about half dirt and half organic material by my best reckoning. I will be totally dismayed if nasa reports no organic material found,and just reports about ICE. Jerry Lehane III 6/7/2008

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

I think the "tube" and the "screw" are the same object, only seen from different positions.

In the following animation I tried to show why I think it's the same object.

The smaller image is the "screw", the bigger the "tube". The image of the "screw" was rotated and resized, it was too big for a direct comparison.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
ArMaP that really is amazing,because while it looks like a screw,that animation makes it look like a moving LIVE animal/worm where the head emerges slowly outward. I'm entertaining the idea it could be either screw or worm. It could also be a shed snakeskin. It could be many other things.The movement or illusion of movement gave me a nice jolting wake-up moment,so thanks for that.An emerging worm would be totally unexpected.I guess if it disappears in future photos of the same area,then it was alive.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

I don't know if they are going to take more photos or even a sample from under the lander, the first photo is from Sol 5 at 14:29:37 while the last photo from that area is from Sol 6 at 15:00:28, and it does not look like it had moved.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Yes ArMaP,I see that the other small bright rocks move along with the sweeping motion of the slight cam movements.It's an attention to detail I missed before. Here are some pics that should explain a lot,actually one stand-out pic among the sol 13 group I believe that I have highlighted 4 times to show why there are fuzzy vague impressions that just look like stars or interference,photo mistakes,bright spots glimmering,non-real radio interference,scattered lights,photo mistakes. What's really happening is that the distant focus sees right past these creatures in most of the other pics,but the focusing is"confused" or in the middle of an adjustment,so fooled by MOVEMENT right in front of the focusing beam,as if you moved your hand in front of your video camera and got some blurring as it tried to recover and re-focus. The lens makes a few stops along the way to getting back to focus.you can feel the adjustments by vibration in your hand as the cam motor quickly adapts. Your cam makes starting and stopping noises. The "Noisiness " of the photo is by chance,because the other ones of the same horizon showing dark or darker sky are fairly blank of "LIVE ANIMAL" interference. All the faces are facing Phoenix with intense curiousity,just like at Spirit,Opportunity,Pathfinder,2 Viking sites pics. The cover-up of LIFE on MARS continues.
The patterns of consecutive dots are not just random sequences.There are faces there staring at Phoenix.They are very much alive and aware of a stranger in their midst that does not walk away.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
NASA's Phoenix Lander Has An Oven Full Of Martian Soil

June 11, 2008 -- NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander has filled its first oven with Martian soil.

"We have an oven full," Phoenix co-investigator Bill Boynton of the University of Arizona, Tucson, said today. "It took 10 seconds to fill the oven. The ground moved."

Boynton leads the Thermal and Evolved-Gas Analyzer instrument, or TEGA, for Phoenix. The instrument has eight separate tiny ovens to bake and sniff the soil to assess its volatile ingredients, such as water.

The lander's Robotic Arm delivered a partial scoopful of clumpy soil from a trench informally called "Baby Bear" to the number 4 oven on TEGA last Friday, June 6, which was 12 days after landing.

Source

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander Inspects Delivered Soil Samples

TUCSON, Ariz. -- New observations from NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander provide the most magnified view ever seen of Martian soil, showing particles clumping together even at the smallest visible scale.

In the past two days, two instruments on the lander deck -- a microscope and a bake-and-sniff analyzer -- have begun inspecting soil samples delivered by the scoop on Phoenix's Robotic Arm.

"This is the first time since the Viking missions three decades ago that a sample is being studied inside an instrument on Mars," said Phoenix Principal Investigator Peter Smith of the University of Arizona, Tucson.

Source

Ice or Salt?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join